First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
always nice to be charitable, bur where is build and price to help pay for charity.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rick Astley

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

SHLYGRR

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Watch St Jude cancel its charity because they don’t want the FE ?

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was hoping to see a picture of the actual FE they were auctioning. Yes, I do also miss corporations doing the right thing and not be so greedy. If only we could hit the reset button.
The article says it will be ready May-June and it's value of about $59k. Does this suggest FE will be the first built and what a loaded FE will cost?

grmmylpa

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 F150, 2020 Ranger Crew Cab,
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for sharing this story. I need reminded from time-to-rime that as much as I want things like the Build and Price, there are much more important causes out there!
Great job Ms. Ford!

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hat's off to Ford. Always nice to give back.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

“When I began my treatment he (Dr. Rivera) told my parents he would one day dance at my wedding, which he did when I married Calvin in 2011,” she said.
I'm not crying, you're crying! Dammit who's cuttin onions!?

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The article says it will be ready May-June and it's value of about $59k. Does this suggest FE will be the first built and what a loaded FE will cost?
It suggests that this FE may be built and may cost that much. That's it. Doesn't guarantee it or others to be built.

Sponsored

FliPkAZe

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is a really nice story about Sara Ford (assuming last name changed with marriage), and giving back to a worthy cause.

As posted by the Detroit Free Press on 10/15/2020:

Ford family donates limited edition 2021 Bronco to St. Jude auction

Ford family donates limited edition 2021 Bronco to St. Jude auction.

As a small child, Sarah Fox faced a monumental challenge – battling a blood cancer known as acute lymphoblastic leukemia, the most common type of childhood cancer.

Her outlook was so dire that her family took her to St. Jude Children's Hospital in Memphis, Tenn. Named after the patron saint of desperate and lost causes, St. Jude specializes in treating childhood illness. Families don’t receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing, or food.

“My parents opted to have me treated at St Jude, even though we lived in Michigan, because in 1985, St Jude was the only hospital that was administering a chemotherapy drug at the immediate onset of diagnosis that seemed to be making a difference in prognosis,” she said.

Years later, she'd marry into one of the most storied families in Detroit automotive history: the Fords. Now she and her husband, Calvin Ford — great-great-grandson of Henry Ford — are giving back to St. Jude, an organization that left a profound effect on Sarah's life by donating one of the most coveted vehicles in the automaker's lineup: a limited edition 2021 Bronco SUV.

It's one of only 7,000 being manufactured, and it's being auctioned off on CharityBuzz to raise funds for St. Jude’s Detroit Gala. The 2021 Bronco SUV is one of the most hotly anticipated new vehicles to be hitting the market.

Ford revealed the 2021 Bronco, which ended production 24 years ago, in July. Demand for the 2021 Bronco SUV is so strong that Ford doesn't expect to fill all customer orders into 2022, the company told the Free Press.

The first-edition Bronco being auctioned off is lightning blue. The car’s interior is leather-trimmed vinyl. It has an automatic transmission.

Sarah’s connection with St. Jude Children's Hospital runs deep.

“I have many memories of my experience at St. Jude including trips to the gift store following my treatment with my mom, spinal taps and bone marrow tests at that young age of 2, and the nurses who always remembered me and the way they’d say my name,” Sarah said.

Sarah was treated with chemotherapy for 2½ years and was consistently seen until she was 18. She even became part of St. Jude’s long-term research and says her relationship with St. Jude staff — especially with Dr. Gaston Rivera — is life-long.

“When I began my treatment he (Dr. Rivera) told my parents he would one day dance at my wedding, which he did when I married Calvin in 2011,” she said.

The auction is live from Oct. 15-29, and the virtual gala is on Oct. 27. For the potential auction winner, the vehicle is expected to be ready by May-June 2021. The Bronco will be available for pickup at Suburban Ford of Sterling Heights, and the winner will be required to provide information for the title transfer.

The auction winner will be responsible for taxes, dealer fees, and other additional costs. For out-of-state winners, the vehicle can be shipped. The estimated value for this limited-edition vehicle is $59,305.

When talking about St. Jude, Sarah said, “I remember feeling safe when I would walk through the doors, knowing I was being taken care of with love.”
I think this is great. You for sure can say its all for "advertising" but in reality its sharing attention for a very noble cause. I hope beyond the money it brings in that it increases focus on those in need. If you ever feel like you need a wake up call to the importance of life, walk into a childrens hospital, that will ground you quick.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It will probably pass $200k. Its not about the vehicle. I hope they do well. Whoever gets it has a story to tell for as long as they own it. Win-win.
Sponsored

Last edited: