mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Great charity i hate to see kids or animals sick or suffering .
I think i got some dust in my eye after that story .

mrklas

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is not a surprise - serial #1 production cars are often used for marketing or promotional objectives.

The Ford GT 40 had the 1st production one go to auction and Jay Leno got the first customer delivery.

At Barret Jackson, I've seen the winner donate the car for an immediate auction again to support a good cause. I woudn't be suprised the car raises 6 digits for the charity.

ttboy

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a really nice story about Sara Ford (assuming last name changed with marriage), and giving back to a worthy cause.

As posted by the Detroit Free Press on 10/15/2020:

Ford family donates limited edition 2021 Bronco to St. Jude auction

Ford family donates limited edition 2021 Bronco to St. Jude auction.

As a small child, Sarah Fox faced a monumental challenge – battling a blood cancer known as acute lymphoblastic leukemia, the most common type of childhood cancer.

Her outlook was so dire that her family took her to St. Jude Children's Hospital in Memphis, Tenn. Named after the patron saint of desperate and lost causes, St. Jude specializes in treating childhood illness. Families don’t receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing, or food.

“My parents opted to have me treated at St Jude, even though we lived in Michigan, because in 1985, St Jude was the only hospital that was administering a chemotherapy drug at the immediate onset of diagnosis that seemed to be making a difference in prognosis,” she said.

Years later, she'd marry into one of the most storied families in Detroit automotive history: the Fords. Now she and her husband, Calvin Ford — great-great-grandson of Henry Ford — are giving back to St. Jude, an organization that left a profound effect on Sarah's life by donating one of the most coveted vehicles in the automaker's lineup: a limited edition 2021 Bronco SUV.

It's one of only 7,000 being manufactured, and it's being auctioned off on CharityBuzz to raise funds for St. Jude’s Detroit Gala. The 2021 Bronco SUV is one of the most hotly anticipated new vehicles to be hitting the market.

Ford revealed the 2021 Bronco, which ended production 24 years ago, in July. Demand for the 2021 Bronco SUV is so strong that Ford doesn't expect to fill all customer orders into 2022, the company told the Free Press.

The first-edition Bronco being auctioned off is lightning blue. The car’s interior is leather-trimmed vinyl. It has an automatic transmission.

Sarah’s connection with St. Jude Children's Hospital runs deep.

“I have many memories of my experience at St. Jude including trips to the gift store following my treatment with my mom, spinal taps and bone marrow tests at that young age of 2, and the nurses who always remembered me and the way they’d say my name,” Sarah said.

Sarah was treated with chemotherapy for 2½ years and was consistently seen until she was 18. She even became part of St. Jude’s long-term research and says her relationship with St. Jude staff — especially with Dr. Gaston Rivera — is life-long.

“When I began my treatment he (Dr. Rivera) told my parents he would one day dance at my wedding, which he did when I married Calvin in 2011,” she said.

The auction is live from Oct. 15-29, and the virtual gala is on Oct. 27. For the potential auction winner, the vehicle is expected to be ready by May-June 2021. The Bronco will be available for pickup at Suburban Ford of Sterling Heights, and the winner will be required to provide information for the title transfer.

The auction winner will be responsible for taxes, dealer fees, and other additional costs. For out-of-state winners, the vehicle can be shipped. The estimated value for this limited-edition vehicle is $59,305.

When talking about St. Jude, Sarah said, “I remember feeling safe when I would walk through the doors, knowing I was being taken care of with love.”
Very nice and for a good cause. Sorry to ask this but the FE in the pic looks to be a Sage Green color. Is FE going to have a sage green color as a option?

Calicorks

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this the FE blue interior? Found this on Torquenews.com
Ford Bronco Ford donates a First Edition Bronco to charity auction C188BE37-424C-414B-A70C-41B47FF6BD9B
Sponsored