First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another lawsuit against Ford for knowingly selling defective products. I still remember the huge lawsuit against Ford for the defective ignition switches that caught on fire just sitting in the garage (that was the largest lawsuit against a single automaker (about 8.7 million affected).

"This is a lot of Ford and Lincoln EcoBoost engines. A class-action lawsuit just filed says that the 1.5-liter, 1.6-liter, and 2.0-liter EcoBoost engines leak coolant into cylinders. It accuses Ford of selling cars with cracked heads, seals not sealing, and catastrophic engine failures.

The lawsuit alleges that the leaking of coolant into the cylinders causes corrosion, dilution of the oil, and contamination. All of this leads to engine failure or at least expensive repairs. It goes on to say the problems have existed since the EcoBoost engine came out in 2010. Ford supposedly knew about the issue from the beginning, concealing it from buyers and media. "

Full article below:
https://www.motorbiscuit.com/ford-ecoboost-engine-leak-so-bad-theres-a-class-action-lawsuit/
Sponsored

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another lawsuit against Ford for knowingly selling defective products. I still remember the huge lawsuit against Ford for the defective ignition switches that caught on fire just sitting in the garage (that was the largest lawsuit against a single automaker (about 8.7 million affected).

"This is a lot of Ford and Lincoln EcoBoost engines. A class-action lawsuit just filed says that the 1.5-liter, 1.6-liter, and 2.0-liter EcoBoost engines leak coolant into cylinders. It accuses Ford of selling cars with cracked heads, seals not sealing, and catastrophic engine failures.

The lawsuit alleges that the leaking of coolant into the cylinders causes corrosion, dilution of the oil, and contamination. All of this leads to engine failure or at least expensive repairs. It goes on to say the problems have existed since the EcoBoost engine came out in 2010. Ford supposedly knew about the issue from the beginning, concealing it from buyers and media. "

Full article below:
https://www.motorbiscuit.com/ford-ecoboost-engine-leak-so-bad-theres-a-class-action-lawsuit/

So not the 2.3 or 2.7. Got it.

I've had my fair share of Ford problems, but if the 2.3 (Mustang/Ranger) isn't affected, then I'm not too worried.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This issue aside, it's important to remember that just because something is a "Class Action Lawsuit" it doesn't mean that it's actually something that's a huge problem...

As an example, those commercials on TV about calling in to join a lawsuit are often because some lawyer is just taking a guess that there *could* be enough people to make a class-action worth their time and expense, and they are making the potential "victims" reach out to them.

If you're a lawyer and you think there may be some "there" there, you announce and advertise you are going to get people some money, and you see who reaches out to you....

$0.02

steevenk

Black Diamond
First Name
kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 AWD Astro, '90 G20 Van, '14 Subaru Forester XT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This issue aside, it's important to remember that just because something is a "Class Action Lawsuit" it doesn't mean that it's actually something that's a huge problem...

Often times those commercials on TV about calling in to join a lawsuit are because some lawyer is just taking a guess that there *could* be enough people to make a class-action worth their time and expense, and they are making the potential "victims" reach out to them.

If you're a lawyer and you think there may be some "there" there, you announce and advertise you are going to get people some money, and you see who reaches out to you....

$0.02
Yup. And for those people that do not have a long history of buying used cars, or holding new cars for a long time, this is pretty common among all manufacturers.

Sponsored

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Pretty easy to find this kind of thing with all manufacturers - its frustrating to be sure, but part of the game at this point.

Not every car can be a 1996 Toyota Camry

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Not the Bronco engines. Don't care. This should be in Off-Topic section or the Bronco Sport forum.

OP
OP
maxmxa

maxmxa

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup. And for those people that do not have a long history of buying used cars, or holding new cars for a long time, this is pretty common among all manufacturers.
Not a common thing when the manufacturer "knowingly" sells defective engines.
I'm not sure how long these engines have been in use or how long it takes to develop this issue, but I'd be concerned if they also knowingly sell another product that is defective.

Brownie

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, 1981 Trans Am, 1972 Austin Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On my third 3.5 without issue!

Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No issues at all with the 2.0l in my Focus ST. I ran it from new with a stage 1 tune as well. Great, reliable engine.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Had a 2.3 eco boost Mustang, best engine ever
Ditto, although the real problem was after driving a 5.0, it just didn't feel right

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Administrator Since none of the Bronco models are affected by this class action lawsuit, please move this thread out of General Bronco Topics. Thanks.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs