Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m still not a fan of anything less than a V8 in a Mustang.
I agree, from both ownership and test drive experience
Sponsored

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My 3.5 has not skipped a beat. I have had a handful of Ford engines 4 - 8 cylinders with great success. However, my 460 did leak a little, but it is (was) common; what a beast.

pveoq

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST, '84 Isuzu Trooper
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The 1.6L ecoboost in my Fiesta ST has been amazing the 5 years I've had it, 3 of those years with a tune. Zero issues, still feels new. That said I checked the coolant level a few days ago and it was slightly below the minimum line. I just topped it off and went on my way ?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Another lawsuit against Ford for knowingly selling defective products. I still remember the huge lawsuit against Ford for the defective ignition switches that caught on fire just sitting in the garage (that was the largest lawsuit against a single automaker (about 8.7 million affected).
I want to make sure we have our parties straight. You are NOT talking about the GM ignition lawsuit after it killed over 124 people?

The lawsuit that, thanks to all 3 days of bankruptcy and congressional negligence, "Old GM" was left with only debt so the lawsuit was thrown out while "New GM" was allowed to continue without any of the legal burden of "Old GM"?

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a15353429/gm-ignition-switch-review-complete-124-fatalities-274-injuries/#:~:text=GM Ignition-Switch Review Complete: 124 Fatalities, 274 Injuries,-Clifford Atiyeh&text=General Motors will settle with,and Saturn Ion and Solstice

The total cost to GM for defending their right to kill people, give a few of them a few bucks, then screw over the rest was closer to $2.6 billion.

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2...l-motors-ignition-switch-fiasco-nears-an-end/

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It happens to a very small percentage.

My wife drives a 2017 Escape with the 2.0 and this is exactly what happened at about 40k miles. Coolant was getting into a cylinder. Took it to the dealer and they replaced the entire engine under warranty. Not just the block or other parts...but the entire engine and new components. So we basically got 40k free miles! ;)
You should have purchased an RX-8 new with their 50K warranty.

• Almost guaranteed you would need a new engine via warranty application due to apex seal failure by 40K miles.
  • Second engines were supposed to have a TSB fix that failed faster than original-build, thus they extended the warranty to 80K chassis miles if you were on a second engine.
    • Third new engine installed under warranty would be installed before you hit 80K miles (unless you were stupid enough to burn a quart of oil every thousand miles and not notice needing another engine)
      • Sell RX-8 with "new engine under warranty!" engine at 100K miles to unsuspecting sap.
A buddy was the service manager for a local Mazda dealership (Where I bought a Mazdaspeed 3 new off the lot and am currently leasing a Mazda 6 from), In over a dozen visits i've never seen his dealership without at least three RX-8's on the rack waiting for a new engine from Japan, or in process of R&R of a new engine.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No clue, but he cited it as fact. Thus asking for clarification and possible redaction/correction.

This is the type of post from the Ranger forum that had every press junket saying you had to remove the drivers side front wheel to change the oil.... Fact less claims, unsupported by facts or research get picked up on. Lets get this straight here.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Played out. Do something fun and put a Chevy 235 with a torque-tube powerglide in there! Or perhaps an S2000 engine? (yea, the S2K has been done, but it was glorious!)

OP
OP
maxmxa

maxmxa

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No clue, but he cited it as fact. Thus asking for clarification and possible redaction/correction.

This is the type of post from the Ranger forum that had every press junket saying you had to remove the drivers side front wheel to change the oil.... Fact less claims, unsupported by facts or research get picked up on. Lets get this straight here.
No Ford. GM had similar issues also.

Here's are couple of articles:
https://www.autosafety.org/ford-ignition-switch-fires/

https://www.tampabay.com/archive/2001/10/26/ford-settles-ignition-lawsuit/

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Rotaries are the worst! At the drag strip they either fly down the track or the engine explodes and dumps oil the entire way down the strip. I hate those things so much!

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Production of those vehicles ended in 1995. Ford took fault and paid out as they were liable.

There are always improvements in a product that could be made and cost-build happens in every aspect of life.

GM shed liability, fought it tooth and nail, then worked into a crooked settlement and got off free and clear.

Yea, i'm fine with Ford.

Sponsored

RiverRat001

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Fusion, 18 Grand Caravan, 78 F250, 81 CB750F
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Meh. Stuff fails. No brand has a perfect record. People are abusing the 2.3 and 2.7 engines in hundreds of thousands of other models without failures. Let your oil warm up before flooring it, listen for strange noises, add a little youtube/rock auto/harbor freight to your life... you’ll be just fine.

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree, from both ownership and test drive experience
I rented an Ecoboost Mustang convertible to drive and pick up my Shelby. It accelerated ok, but the sound was miserable and artificial.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I rented an Ecoboost Mustang convertible to drive and pick up my Shelby. It accelerated ok, but the sound was miserable and artificial.
Im talking my friend in SC to get a 5.0 vert, even if its slightly outta budget.

Its one thing when its between two boosted non-8's, different when it's between boosted 4 and V8
Sponsored