Sponsored

Ford Edge might be getting axed! Will it boost Bronco sales?

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's the car my mom drives. I can't imagine her switching to a Bronco. :LOL: It has a lot of cargo room in the back, though.
Sponsored

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hate the thought of more things being built in China. I do think Ford is oversaturating the suv market and competing with themselves. The "real" Bronco doesn't compete with anything within Fords current lineup. The bronco sport does.
The “Street” version of the Bronco will be a perfect replacement for the Edge.

similar power price equipment and size.
the ONLY difference is the Body on frame vs unibody. Even the tires are the same.

sounds like Jeep is getting rid of the 2 row Grand Cherokee for the JLU.

lets be honest 70% of wrangler buyers are mall warriors and soccer moms.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
In what world would it make sense to have the Edge with 3rd row and Explorer with 3rd row.
In the same world that has F-150 and Ranger. Both are trucks, but they manage to coexist.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The “Street” version of the Bronco will be a perfect replacement for the Edge.

similar power price equipment and size.
the ONLY difference is the Body on frame vs unibody. Even the tires are the same.

sounds like Jeep is getting rid of the 2 row Grand Cherokee for the JLU.

lets be honest 70% of wrangler buyers are mall warriors and soccer moms.
It would seem the Bronco Sport may be another option for Edge replacement on the street.

timo98

First Name
tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
various
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Explorers are built (mostly) to print in China for the local market there.

Sponsored

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That's the car my mom drives. I can't imagine her switching to a Bronco. :LOL: It has a lot of cargo room in the back, though.
My mom lusted after various Jeeps for years, but my dad forbade it because Chrysler makes garbage with wheels.

So after going through a BMW 318ti and wearing out dad's '04 Silverado when he upgraded to an F-150, she now drives a 4x4 XTerra. I could actually see her getting a Bronco, though.

Deleted member 3063

I worked at a Ford plant for 24 years. It was scheduled for closure for about half that time. Take that for what it's worth. Rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated so to speak.

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I never really understood the business case for the Edge.
To me it was supposed to be the sporty SUV targeted at DINK's. Until the ST was introduced, it never delivered. Without that if filled a small gap between Escape and Explorer.

While the Bronco is not an Edge replacement, the larger Escape, the Explorer ST, the Bronco, and Bronco Sport all chip away at that segment. With other competitors like the Blazer coming it, It seems to me their money would be better spent elsewhere with much better returns.

...like a Godzilla equipped Bronco Expedition.
Ford Bronco Ford Edge might be getting axed! Will it boost Bronco sales? GEBE

Last edited:

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
To me it was supposed to be the sporty SUV targeted at DINK's. Until the ST was introduced, it never delivered. Without that if filled a small gap between Escape and Explorer.

While the Bronco is not an Edge replacement, the larger Escape, the Explorer ST, the Bronco, and Bronco Sport all chip away at that segment. With other competitors like the Blazer coming it, It seems to me they're money would be better spent elsewhere with much better returns.

The Edge was a fine vehicle. We had one before we got our Explorer. The problem is now it's kind of stuck in no mans land. now that Escape is larger and it's so close in price to the Explorer

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

While the Bronco is not an Edge replacement, the larger Escape, the Explorer ST, the Bronco, and Bronco Sport all chip away at that segment. With other competitors like the Blazer coming it, It seems to me they're money would be better spent elsewhere with much better returns.

Ford Bronco Ford Edge might be getting axed! Will it boost Bronco sales? GEBE
Back in 2007 when the Edge was introduced, I don't recall Ford having anything in that size? Nearest model probably would have been Fusion. Sedans were still very in then, but a customer wanting a CUV had to choose either too small or too big or go elsewhere.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the escape is going to die as the bronco sport based on an escape seems like a run off/down for the escape since it will literally be competing with itself escape and bronco sport. Unless the escape moves into take the place of the edge to be based on the same chassis as the bronco sport but a little modified to fit into the edge space just a tad more...that makes more sense with a shared platform.

The Edge is good but the escape sells a lot more. With the Explorer, Edge, Escape, Bronco Sport, and Bronco, and remember the new to US ecosport. The edge, escape, and bronco sport in my mind dont make sense...one is going away or radically changing...or some combo of the two. Bronco Sport fits with the "Bronco" brand Ford is trying to start so I doubt that changes...leaving the edge and escape to fight out what happens.

escape sales figurs

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think the escape is going to die as the bronco sport based on an escape seems like a run off/down for the escape since it will literally be competing with itself escape and bronco sport. Unless the escape moves into take the place of the edge to be based on the same chassis as the bronco sport but a little modified to fit into the edge space just a tad more...that makes more sense with a shared platform.

The Edge is good but the escape sells a lot more. With the Explorer, Edge, Escape, Bronco Sport, and Bronco, and remember the new to US ecosport. The edge, escape, and bronco sport in my mind dont make sense...one is going away or radically changing...or some combo of the two. Bronco Sport fits with the "Bronco" brand Ford is trying to start so I doubt that changes...leaving the edge and escape to fight out what happens.

escape sales figurs
The thing that makes either Escape or Bronco Sport fill the gap killing the Edge would leave is they're both about the same size and quite a bit smaller than Edge. For me, Edge is as small as I care to go.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

escape sales figurs
They can charge more for Edge and make more.
Sponsored