First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've got 2 reservations for Broncos, one with Tom that I put in later (after I that Transfer deadline in March) and one with a local dealer from back in July. I put in the order a while back with Tom, but never converted the first reservation. I just got an email from Ford that said "confirm your ford purchase now and it offered the "confirm purchase option" on the ford website and appeared to be asking for a $500 deposit. Anyone else see anything like that? Is that just the local wanting some type of confirmation from me and more skin in the game, or could that possibly have some type of implication regarding 2022 ordering?
Sponsored

DrSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That sounds like a phishing scam almost. Are you sure the link leads you to a legit Ford website?

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've got 2 reservations for Broncos, one with Tom that I put in later (after I that Transfer deadline in March) and one with a local dealer from back in July. I put in the order a while back with Tom, but never converted the first reservation. I just got an email from Ford that said "confirm your ford purchase now and it offered the "confirm purchase option" on the ford website and appeared to be asking for a $500 deposit. Anyone else see anything like that? Is that just the local wanting some type of confirmation from me and more skin in the game, or could that possibly have some type of implication regarding 2022 ordering?
I have no emails from Ford as of 11:53A

OP
OP
stm378

stm378

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That sounds like a phishing scam almost. Are you sure the link leads you to a legit Ford website?
I didn't click it because I was thinking the same thing, but I actually logged in to my ford.com account and sure enough that reservation now says ready convert and has a button to click that wasn't there before.

Sponsored
OP
OP
stm378

stm378

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah be careful! Contact your dealer.
It's legitimately from Ford...maybe the dealer got tired of waiting for me to convert with them (granted I tried to call and email them multiple times back in March and it was crickets from their end).....

OP
OP
stm378

stm378

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
AAAAAaaaannnd that dealer actually called just now...maybe they implemented it on their end because I didn't ever order through them?

DrSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

AAAAAaaaannnd that dealer actually called just now...maybe they implemented it on their end because I didn't ever order through them?
So can the dealer convert it to an order and sell it themselves or do they need your go-ahead? This has been really unclear to me.

OP
OP
stm378

stm378

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So can the dealer convert it to an order and sell it themselves or do they need your go-ahead? This has been really unclear to me.
Theoretically they need my approval to do so as far as I know, not to say that there haven't been some unscrupulous dealers who have done so without customer approval, but if they were going to put in the order, I'm not sure what they'd put it in for if they had never gotten it from the customer.

Tammeriffic

Badlands
First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I sent a text to my dealer asking about ordering a Badlands over the Big Bend I have reserved and he immediately called me and said Order Banks have opened back up and your reservations has been pushed to an order status and you should be getting an email from Ford . . . OMG, so excited. He did, however, tell me that it would more than likely be pushed to a MY22, which I have no issue with.

Sponsored

Tammeriffic

Badlands
First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer told me Ford has implemented a "second" step because some dealers were converting without approval from customers, just to get inventory. This keeps the ordering in the hands of the reservation holders.

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I sent a text to my dealer asking about ordering a Badlands over the Big Bend I have reserved and he immediately called me and said Order Banks have opened back up and your reservations has been pushed to an order status and you should be getting an email from Ford . . . OMG, so excited. He did, however, tell me that it would more than likely be pushed to a MY22, which I have no issue with.
So order banks HAVE opened back up? Is this for 2022 or 2021?

Tammeriffic

Badlands
First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So order banks HAVE opened back up? Is this for 2022 or 2021?
2021 as I understand it. I'm going in Wednesday to order. I was told that I could upgrade from the Big Bend to a Badlands. Although I was told that more than likely it would have to be converted to a MY22

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just got an email asking me to confirm my email address, nothing about new purchase. It actually looks like other emails I've received from them.

Sponsored