First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So help me understand (I haven't purchased a new car since 2003). I build and price my bronco on Friday (hopefully) and then what? Will the dealer potentially raise the price of what I will be expecting it to be from the B & P?
Sponsored

jboes13

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So help me understand (I haven't purchased a new car since 2003). I build and price my bronco on Friday (hopefully) and then what? Will the dealer potentially raise the price of what I will be expecting it to be from the B & P?
They can raise the price. Although with dealers offering discounts before the B&P release. I could see many dealers being aggressive to earn business. I look into dealership reviews before anything. You can get a good gauge of how their "business" practices are

Migs1313

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or you know, the actual reason of a global pandemic and the US economy being in the toilet but yeah
So raising prices would make sense during a pandemic? That will just cause more people to back out and you will sell less units making less of a profit in the long run. That is a short sited response to raise prices now

Sponsored

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm late to the party.. but I'll be at work when b&p goes live so hopefully still be useable my Monday. No crashes haha! Be looking forward to see y'all's feed back!

6010Head

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Jeep Jk Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyway we can get a countdown up on the main page like we did on the reveal?
Is this Detroit time? Can we add 24 hours just in case its bye Friday?
I like the clock o_O

eatworksleepdie

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Renegade, 20' Wrangler, 92' VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm strongly considering dropping my reservation. Although I want the new Bronco, I don't need a new car. Ford dropping the X plan pricing isn't helping, and only taking the wind out of my sails. We'll see what it comes in at cost-wise after B&P is released, but I definitely went from a 98% certainty, to below 50%. It's more of the principle of the matter.

Sponsored

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Looked at X-Plan earlier today to see if it was on there before this was officially announced and saw the Bronco Sport. Just FYI, the Base trim was only off by $200 from MSRP so just buy the cheaper trim level on your Bronco like me and x-plan won’t matter as much. All the higher trim levels were -$900 and more.

Ford still makes money either way, but we should just all buy a Base model Bronco instead of the other trims. Here me out.... we all get Broncos, Ford still makes $$, but they lose out on at least $15k per Bronco sold as a result... Do it!!!

“limited production vehicle” just like the Raptor? WTF! Can you get the Raptor with cloth seats and steelie wheels?

Do it!!! Base Model Reservations Unite!!!
I’m in!!

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I find the fact of Ford not offering X-Plan the reason for people dropping out as a meh point. I really don't think the X-Plan would have been a major savings. As I and another poster mentioned earlier... Bronco Sport X-Plan savings range from $200-$950-ish on the different models... and I would expect 2-Door/4-Door X-Plan would have been in a similar range.

Granted any money saved is great money... but looking at how much we are spending on these awesome rides, $200 or $950 isn't a make or break or even cause for jumping trim levels.

I would hope Ford does not encourage dealers to markup... if dealers do mark up, that is where people will be pissed off as build and price won't match their dealer... which Ford cannot control as each dealer is independently owned and can do as they please.

My real question is around the accessories... we add the accessories in Build and Price and order them... will standard installation costs be calculated into the cost? Or will each dealer be able to charge what "they think is right" for installing those accessories? That is where the "shadiness" could occur... pay $300 for an accessory and the dealer charges $500 to install it and it takes 5 minutes?

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Got to "love" the negativity! Personally don't see how the rollout can be called a "shit show". COVID made everyone in the world completely change their plans/way of life for the last 8 months. The Bronco rollout is no exception to this. Do any of us know what Ford's launch plans were prior to COVID? Did they have tons of Bronco experiences planned where we could have more up close hands on experiences? How did COVID mess with the supply chain... limiting when a drivable Bronco could be built and paraded around?

I understand you cannot please everyone all the time, virtually impossible, so Ford will never please everyone with their launch strategy/execution.

Like everyone else, I have been wanting Build and Price 50 yesterdays ago, but I need to check myself... come Friday I will have 71 days or 1704 hours until January 1st to configure... I think that is completely sufficient time to finalize my build. I just hope a fair number of good accessories are available... but again I am sure COVID has impacted the supply chain for many of those too.

Lastly... no X-Plan is definitely a bummer, but like a previous poster said, when looking at the Bronco Sport, the X-Plan discount on MSRP is much smaller than expected, $200 for Base, $509 BB, $945 OB, and $964 BD... granted every dollar counts, but if the 2-Door and 4-Door X-Plan followed similarly as Sport... not as big of a loss as it could have been? Plus nothing is stopping Dealers from not accepting any AXZ Plan pricing.
The “shitshow“ to me is the anti-consumer changes that have occurred and the method they have been (or planned to be) announced. B&P delay to October hidden in ManSquatch announcement. Bad announcement method with minimal impact on Bronco purchase decisions. X plan announcement planned on material walkthrough and B&P release? Bad announcement method with substantial impact on purchase decision. Delays to essentially meaningless deadlines are annoyances. Changes to stated allocation method and dealer change allowances (now updated) are actively anti-consumer and were/are unnecessary.

If invoice prices on the forum at to be believed, big Bronco differences are roughly twice that if the sport. Additionally, options also benefit from a % discount. The amount is substantial on a loaded Badlands. Using my planned build (2.7L BadLuxSquatch), my estimation is now a $2500-$3000 increase. Makes a $60k out the door a $63k out the door. $3k isn’t going to break me, but it doesn’t make me happy. Hopefully dealer will meet me below MSRP.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't expect it to be anything good. I'm simply stating why people would.
Agreed. I'm simply posting this for those who might not have visited the other builds. Expect less, if they deliver more than we'll all be pleasantly surprised. LOL.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.