Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I find the fact of Ford not offering X-Plan the reason for people dropping out as a meh point. I really don't think the X-Plan would have been a major savings. As I and another poster mentioned earlier... Bronco Sport X-Plan savings range from $200-$950-ish on the different models... and I would expect 2-Door/4-Door X-Plan would have been in a similar range.

Granted any money saved is great money... but looking at how much we are spending on these awesome rides, $200 or $950 isn't a make or break or even cause for jumping trim levels.

I would hope Ford does not encourage dealers to markup... if dealers do mark up, that is where people will be pissed off as build and price won't match their dealer... which Ford cannot control as each dealer is independently owned and can do as they please.

My real question is around the accessories... we add the accessories in Build and Price and order them... will standard installation costs be calculated into the cost? Or will each dealer be able to charge what "they think is right" for installing those accessories? That is where the "shadiness" could occur... pay $300 for an accessory and the dealer charges $500 to install it and it takes 5 minutes?
See my above post, but X plan is substantial. My estimation is around $3k on my planned build. F150 has several thousand on base vehicle and 9% discount on options. I assumed 3%.

I believe accessories would include installaction with purchase if ordered from factory as part of build.
Sponsored

bluezombi

Outer Banks
First Name
Louis Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Or you know, the actual reason of a global pandemic and the US economy being in the toilet but yeah
Was being ironic. I know that it will hurt with the pandemic, your economy. Add the exchange rate for us and they cost even more.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I find the fact of Ford not offering X-Plan the reason for people dropping out as a meh point. I really don't think the X-Plan would have been a major savings. As I and another poster mentioned earlier... Bronco Sport X-Plan savings range from $200-$950-ish on the different models... and I would expect 2-Door/4-Door X-Plan would have been in a similar range.

Granted any money saved is great money... but looking at how much we are spending on these awesome rides, $200 or $950 isn't a make or break or even cause for jumping trim levels.

I would hope Ford does not encourage dealers to markup... if dealers do mark up, that is where people will be pissed off as build and price won't match their dealer... which Ford cannot control as each dealer is independently owned and can do as they please.

My real question is around the accessories... we add the accessories in Build and Price and order them... will standard installation costs be calculated into the cost? Or will each dealer be able to charge what "they think is right" for installing those accessories? That is where the "shadiness" could occur... pay $300 for an accessory and the dealer charges $500 to install it and it takes 5 minutes?
I'll say it louder... It isn't the PRICE SAVINGS, IT REMOVES THE HAGGLING ASPECT OF BUYING A BRONCO. X-plan locks in pricing on the vehicle and the doc fees. That's the loss to the consumer, not the actual price being so much better. It was a way for some buyers to safeguard themselves from the "dealer experience". LOL.

Last edited:

Sponsored

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The “shitshow“ to me is the anti-consumer changes that have occurred and the method they have been (or planned to be) announced. B&P delay to October hidden in ManSquatch announcement. Bad announcement method with minimal impact on Bronco purchase decisions. X plan announcement planned on material walkthrough and B&P release? Bad announcement method with substantial impact on purchase decision. Delays to essentially meaningless deadlines are annoyances. Changes to stated allocation method and dealer change allowances (now updated) are actively anti-consumer and were/are unnecessary.

If invoice prices on the forum at to be believed, big Bronco differences are roughly twice that if the sport. Additionally, options also benefit from a % discount. The amount is substantial on a loaded Badlands. Using my planned build (2.7L BadLuxSquatch), my estimation is now a $2500-$3000 increase. Makes a $60k out the door a $63k out the door. $3k isn’t going to break me, but it doesn’t make me happy. Hopefully dealer will meet me below MSRP.
Honestly I think all the delays you mentioned are valid, but in the big picture for me have zero impact on my decision to buy nor does it put pressure on my ordering. The only thing that might concern me is the allocation... and might get me to switch dealers to potentially get my ride earlier... but that is no sweat for me as I hate ALL DEALERSHIPS and the entire dealership experience... I chalk this up to a necessary evil that I have to deal with no matter what.

Yeah no X-Plan could be a significant bummer based on the build, but my understanding is the AXZD discounts are not a straight percentage, but rather different based on MSRP and option? Paying more never makes anyone happy, but the complete vitrol from some and the over blown consequence is kind of silly.

Personally, I am going to be cautious of the cost of installed accessories from the dealer, that can be significant mark up... especially if that is one point for them to make extra $$

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll say it louder... It isn't the PRICE SAVINGS, IT'S REMOVES THE HAGGLING ASPECT OF BUYING A BRONCO. X-plan locks in pricing on the vehicle and the doc fees. That's the loss to the consumer, not the actual price being so much better. It was a way for some buyers to safeguard themselves from the "dealer experience". LOL.
Totally get it... this is where Dealership integrity and trust comes in... and all my car buying experiences at different dealerships, different OEMs are the same... they will mark up when they can and as much as they can.

Only thing we as consumers can do is shop our dealers to find one that guarantees MSRP and get it in writing.

Ford is in a tough spot with that as they can suggest to dealers to sell at MSRP, but not require... if they did the dealers would bitch about Ford "preventing them from making a profit".

If I could build, price, and purchase all without talking to a salesperson and only have to take delivery via a Dealer... or better yet have it delivered to my house... I would be happier than a pig in sh... unfortunately I am not and will not be buying a Tesla. ?‍♂

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The “shitshow“ to me is the anti-consumer changes that have occurred and the method they have been (or planned to be) announced. B&P delay to October hidden in ManSquatch announcement. Bad announcement method with minimal impact on Bronco purchase decisions. X plan announcement planned on material walkthrough and B&P release? Bad announcement method with substantial impact on purchase decision. Delays to essentially meaningless deadlines are annoyances. Changes to stated allocation method and dealer change allowances (now updated) are actively anti-consumer and were/are unnecessary.

If invoice prices on the forum at to be believed, big Bronco differences are roughly twice that if the sport. Additionally, options also benefit from a % discount. The amount is substantial on a loaded Badlands. Using my planned build (2.7L BadLuxSquatch), my estimation is now a $2500-$3000 increase. Makes a $60k out the door a $63k out the door. $3k isn’t going to break me, but it doesn’t make me happy. Hopefully dealer will meet me below MSRP.
Here you go. Just got you back your $8.23 per month savings on that $63K Luxo-crawler.

X-plan not canceled at this dealership - Not a Rick Roll! -

On the flip side, if you were buying a $60,000 Tesla, the taxpayers would kick in $7,500 to help your bank account out.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'll say it louder... It isn't the PRICE SAVINGS, IT'S REMOVES THE HAGGLING ASPECT OF BUYING A BRONCO. X-plan locks in pricing on the vehicle and the doc fees. That's the loss to the consumer, not the actual price being so much better. It was a way for some buyers to safeguard themselves from the "dealer experience". LOL.
I was very excited about X plan for this reason (but also the savings). Doc fees in my state (WA) are limited to $150 so $50 isn’t a big deal. Formulaic pricing that has savings was so nice and now it’s gone. It’s the situation now, so no need to focus too much more on it, but from now until B&P I’ll be a little mopey.

Sponsored

johnp1345

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here you go. Just got you back your $8.23 per month savings on that $63K Luxo-crawler.

On the flip side, if you were buying a $60,000 Tesla, the taxpayers would kick in $7,500 to help your bank account out.
They clearly got the B&P image from Ford. Just must be an early version that doesn't have LB added. Im sure it'll appear in by friday. Who knows. But doubt theyre whipping up BP mock-ups that are that accurate. Must've snagged from Ford.

PhilS

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How is the production of over 100,000 vehicles in a year considered a limited run? Bronco production numbers should be roughly equivalent to that of the Explorer, Edge, Escape, etc, all of which qualify for X-plan.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Haha! Thanks Rick! I’ll have to run the numbers and see if the juice is worth the squeeze! Thinking it’s a bit more than $8.23/month though as I don’t plan on paying for this Bronco over the next 25-30 years. ;)

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey guys. B&p releases Friday. Time to get excited ?
They can raise the price. Although with dealers offering discounts before the B&P release. I could see many dealers being aggressive to earn business. I look into dealership reviews before anything. You can get a good gauge of how their "business" practices are
i thought dealers were told they couldn’t go over MSRP?

• Haha
Reactions: N3T

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have great faith in the B&P!

Would have more faith if Lightning Blue had been available for the First Edition in their screen grab since that is, you know, the exclusive color for that trim level.
That’s probably a screen shot before they added LB.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.