Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How is the production of over 100,000 vehicles in a year considered a limited run? Bronco production numbers should be roughly equivalent to that of the Explorer, Edge, Escape, etc, all of which qualify for X-plan.
it's not the actual production. it is the parts needed to produce.
Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why is the start for the B&P at 3AM eastern time?

do the europeans get the first crack at breaking the B&P?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Haha! Thanks Rick! I’ll have to run the numbers and see if the juice is worth the squeeze! Thinking it’s a bit more than $8.23/month though as I don’t plan on paying for this Bronco over the next 25-30 years. ;)
Had to use $8.23 because it's funny.

Ford Bronco Ford Email Confirms Bronco Build & Price This Friday, October 23, Shows B&P Preview Image tenor[1]

FWIW, having purchased multiple cars cross-country and driven them home, X-plan wasn't going to save enough for the drive/hotels/food to deal with Granger or really anyone more than a state away. You learn a lot about a car when replacing a fuel pump at 3 am while laying less than a foot away from the 18-wheelers blasting down the road at 70, completely unaware that you're stuck there (Not sure when reflectors became mandatory, but it sure wasn't before the mid '60's! Reflectors good, no reflectors bad!)

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why is the start for the B&P at 3AM eastern time?

do the europeans get the first crack at breaking the B&P?
Least amount of people at that time.

Last edited:

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So the big question now is whether the BP was built knowing the amount of load that it must hold from the get-go. I don't care when it is released... I want to know when it is reliable enough it can actually be used!

jboes13

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i thought dealers were told they couldn’t go over MSRP?

Sorry, I didn't think of reservation holders. Resv. Holders will more than likely pay the price they see on the B&P. If there are any allocations on lots, those will more than likely be marked up past MSRP. Similar to the GT500 when it first dropped

N3T

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 e320 wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I find the fact of Ford not offering X-Plan the reason for people dropping out as a meh point. I really don't think the X-Plan would have been a major savings. As I and another poster mentioned earlier... Bronco Sport X-Plan savings range from $200-$950-ish on the different models... and I would expect 2-Door/4-Door X-Plan would have been in a similar range.

Granted any money saved is great money... but looking at how much we are spending on these awesome rides, $200 or $950 isn't a make or break or even cause for jumping trim levels.

I would hope Ford does not encourage dealers to markup... if dealers do mark up, that is where people will be pissed off as build and price won't match their dealer... which Ford cannot control as each dealer is independently owned and can do as they please.

My real question is around the accessories... we add the accessories in Build and Price and order them... will standard installation costs be calculated into the cost? Or will each dealer be able to charge what "they think is right" for installing those accessories? That is where the "shadiness" could occur... pay $300 for an accessory and the dealer charges $500 to install it and it takes 5 minutes?
I don’t think you or others who think no X plan is a few $ difference understand the magnitude of what just happened. Ford has now officially told the world that a MY2021 Bronco is a limited production item and is in the same category as any other limited, hard to find, special, and one of a kind item. This isn’t me talking or making up some doomsday scenario, this is Ford and their dealer network being upfront and transparent with us, their valued future customers.

Let me paint the picture with a finer brush:

Previously seen on ‘One Bronco at a Time’:
X-Plan participant: “I’d like one base 4dr Mansquatch please”
Shady Dealer: “That’ll be $38,200.”

Today on ‘One Bronco at a Time‘:
Bronco reservist: “I’d like one base 4dr Mansquatch please”
Shady Dealer: “Whoah, hold on there, that’s a rare beast you’ve requested! I parked your vehicle outside just before you came and I got 10 calls from people wanted to buy it off me and they’re all offering me over 50 grand! Imma hafta ask you to up your offer if you want to go home with this fine automobile. How does 46 grand, out there door, grab you? Your monthly payment will still be the same and I’ve even thrown in a few extra options that we require all of our vehicles to have. For safety, you understand.”
Bronco reservist: “But..but..”

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That’s probably a screen shot before they added LB.
I sure hope not!

That would make the image they chose to "tease" with about 2-something months old.

However, if it was from pre-LB, then it gives insight into just how much Ford has screwed the pooch with B&P.*

* I have no problems with their launch, communications, leaks and events considering the impacts covid has made upon their timeline. But I did figure 20 kids working from home, smashing out those 0's and 1's for their own program could whip up a functional B&P inside of 4 months.

Ryderman1

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I feel pretty much the same way. I will pay some extra just to have a dealer deal with me without me having to go to the carlot and go back and forth on price. My question to you is, how will we know which dealer can get us our bronco faster? I think i read that correctly in your post.

Honestly I think all the delays you mentioned are valid, but in the big picture for me have zero impact on my decision to buy nor does it put pressure on my ordering. The only thing that might concern me is the allocation... and might get me to switch dealers to potentially get my ride earlier... but that is no sweat for me as I hate ALL DEALERSHIPS and the entire dealership experience... I chalk this up to a necessary evil that I have to deal with no matter what.

Yeah no X-Plan could be a significant bummer based on the build, but my understanding is the AXZD discounts are not a straight percentage, but rather different based on MSRP and option? Paying more never makes anyone happy, but the complete vitrol from some and the over blown consequence is kind of silly.

Personally, I am going to be cautious of the cost of installed accessories from the dealer, that can be significant mark up... especially if that is one point for them to make extra $$

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Limited implies that they CAN make more vehicles, but CHOOSE not to make more vehicles. The FE are LIMITED to 7500 total. That is a 'limited' vehicle.

DO ALL 2021 BRONCOS BECOME 'FEs' BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL LIMITED?

They make Rangers on the same line as the Bronco. Are all those new 2021 Rangers 'limited' too? They CHOSE to limit the production numbers, or they SOLD OUT their production run of the 2021 Bronco. Neither of those makes the Bronco 'limited' because they are producing as many as they can. Corporate double speak at it's finest.

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Honestly I think all the delays you mentioned are valid, but in the big picture for me have zero impact on my decision to buy nor does it put pressure on my ordering. The only thing that might concern me is the allocation... and might get me to switch dealers to potentially get my ride earlier... but that is no sweat for me as I hate ALL DEALERSHIPS and the entire dealership experience... I chalk this up to a necessary evil that I have to deal with no matter what.

Yeah no X-Plan could be a significant bummer based on the build, but my understanding is the AXZD discounts are not a straight percentage, but rather different based on MSRP and option? Paying more never makes anyone happy, but the complete vitrol from some and the over blown consequence is kind of silly.

Personally, I am going to be cautious of the cost of installed accessories from the dealer, that can be significant mark up... especially if that is one point for them to make extra $$
With DIO, the price of installation is supposed to be factored into the cost of the accessory and Ford pays the dealers for it...so if you order accessories as part of your build, there shouldn't be any additional installation fee at the dealership. The question is, will there be a huge markup on the DIO accessories? When B&P comes out, you can compare the cost of common or similar items available on other Ford models with what the cost is on the Bronco and determine the markup. Might be a little trickier with things that aren't available on other models but not impossible to get a ballpark idea.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model