Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Friday Oct 23rd at 12:00a EST, CST, PST?

Broncofly

First Edition
First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda Africa Twin, Husqvarna 310R
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

How bad will thread blow up IF its not ready by Friday???? :oops: ?

Ford Bronco Ford Email Confirms Bronco Build & Price This Friday, October 23, Shows B&P Preview Image Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 10.23.09 AM

The candle has been lit......fuse in place............????????

c2one

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Friday Oct 23rd at 12:00a EST, CST, PST?
On the other forums Instagram story, they had the countdown timer to 12:01am PST...
But they removed it not long after posting... so take that time with a grain of salt.

Sponsored

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel pretty much the same way. I will pay some extra just to have a dealer deal with me without me having to go to the carlot and go back and forth on price. My question to you is, how will we know which dealer can get us our bronco faster? I think i read that correctly in your post.
"...how will we know which dealer can get us our bronco faster?"

Good question... just by reading the forums and what has been communicated to dealers... my GUESS is a key part of the production equation is dealer allocation and trim level... and what seems to be a lesser factor is reservation timestamp.

My simple thinking is if I go to a generally low volume dealer I might have to wait longer as they will not get their orders as quickly as a larger volume dealer... not to mention if my config/build/trim is completely different than the majority of my dealer's allocation... I might have to wait longer.

I do not and do not claim to understand the allocation process in anyway... nor do I care too. I am just not sure how I would feel if someone who put in a reservation on Sept. 17th gets their Bronco months before me who place a reservation on Jul 16th., just because they spent more than me or went to a higher volume dealer? I might be a little miffed.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Totally get it... this is where Dealership integrity and trust comes in... and all my car buying experiences at different dealerships, different OEMs are the same... they will mark up when they can and as much as they can.

Only thing we as consumers can do is shop our dealers to find one that guarantees MSRP and get it in writing.

Ford is in a tough spot with that as they can suggest to dealers to sell at MSRP, but not require... if they did the dealers would bitch about Ford "preventing them from making a profit".

If I could build, price, and purchase all without talking to a salesperson and only have to take delivery via a Dealer... or better yet have it delivered to my house... I would be happier than a pig in sh... unfortunately I am not and will not be buying a Tesla. ?‍♂
So you actually do get why some are upset about not having X-plan. This is exactly why X-plan was attractive for some, they don't like the car buying "experience" (negotiation, surprises, doc fee, day long process, etc.). It was simply a safeguard for a ton of people who can't find a dealer close to play ball. So far, Chicago happens to be one of those locations... so far.

Last edited:

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I sure hope not!

* I have no problems with their launch, communications, leaks and events considering the impacts covid has made upon their timeline. But I did figure 20 kids working from home, smashing out those 0's and 1's for their own program could whip up a functional B&P inside of 4 months.

it's all about section 508 compliance

Sponsored

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Open you’re EYES and SEEEEE!!

6871799B-454E-4606-ADBE-57F84139F59A.png
That sure is a lot of white.

The problem with that route is you still need lockers, lift, and 35's. If Jeep was smart they would create a cheap equivalent to BaseSquatch with some big tires.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Omg...that gif has to be the worst I have seen. The lady’s face must be destroyed. Made me forget about Ford. Things can always be worse.
This 100%. Things could always be a lot worse. Like a baby eating its own head kind of worse......

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So you actually do get why some are upset about not having X-plan. This is exactly why X-plan was attractive for some, they don't like the care buying "experience" (negotiation, surprises, doc fee, day long process, etc.). It was simply a safeguard for a ton of people who can't find a dealer close to play ball. So far, Chicago happens to be one of those locations... so far.
Ditto for me. I would like to lock in a low doc fee (all dealer profit), lock in a pre-set price, and simply walk in at delivery to hand over my borrowed money and walk out with the keys. The process doesn’t need to be more than that in all honesty. The dealer makes their money and I leave with some hair on my head and happy thoughts.

There’s no benefit to the customer when demand is high and supply is low. I’m not going to over pay on an asset that depreciates 30% in the first year even if I plan on keeping it forever. I will pay a reasonable amount that I believe the Bronco is worth.

With no x-plan, all I can hope for is the penalty for not selling me my order is so steep that the dealers will think twice about trying to pull some stupid act to make more money. Greed is a cardinal sin and I’ll be damned if the pits of hell don’t open up underneath Wall St and dealerships first when the day of reckoning comes.

Jp215

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think it’s gotta be pst. 2 days 13 hrs from now est would be 3 am

siddious33

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee; 2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really don’t give a shit until I know if my choices don’t carry additional delays

My enthusiasm rating has gone to near zero after what’s unfolded this week. Other cars are quickly coming into play.

ford, are you reading this?
Feeling the same way. I have 5 wheels for our Grand Cherokee sitting in our shed out back. Might be time to just go back to my original plan of turning our paid off Grand Cherokee into more of an overlanding rig and revisiting the Bronco in a few years when you can get one that's a couple of years old or maybe get a Warthog/Raptor version.

I don't know. I still really like the Bronco a lot, but Ford as a company is leaving a really bad taste in my mouth and I hate to just eat it and accept it.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.