First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As long as the deposit is refundable (many states have a law regarding this) I have no problem with providing a larger deposit. It will potentially stop many like myself who have placed multiple deposits from moving forward if X,000 deposit is required in addition to those who may move forward with only the $100 upfront who haven't yet determined if it's in their budget. For $100 it's worth staying in the hand. Up the ante and many will fold. Someone mentioned within this thread how collecting a smaller deposit hurts the dealer since they would be happy to take the Bronco and sell it for over sticker. It doesn't hurt the dealer BUT it does hurt all of us who are serious and ready to make purchase today. Walkaways will only skew the dealer conversion rate and thus the unscientific formula that we've been hearing will be used to determine who gets what and when. I rather not be waiting an extra 6 months because I just missed being within the top 50% of conversions within my Ford store. Than to find out that there where a bunch of walkways..... I'm sure others may disagree but I'll go today to make the additional deposit. With that said my dealers informed me at the beginning of the week that they were only going to require the $100...... Cause it does help them! Ford should set a policy for all store to follow.
Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If they don't own up to the b&p in mid October like the email says Ford will take a ton of shit for that. More than the last time they pushed it back.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hope they require an additional deposit, will knock off those who arenā€™t serious but are clogging up the queue for those of us who actually want to buy a Bronco

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That clears up and confirms A LOT that we've been hearing.

Curious how this will work though:

"Be sure to save your configuration from Forā€Œdā€Œ.ā€Œcom to share with your dealer."

I read somewhere that we couldn't do this.
This is coming directly from Ford and their latest plan. I'd follow this instead of something that only became true because it has been repeated many times.

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got my confirmation e-mail Mon 7/13/2020 10:27 PM and it lists "Date reservation placed: 07/14/2020"
I got my FE in at 7/13/2020 10:20PM Eastern and my reservation says 7/14 as does my 2nd reservation (Badlands) that I actually made the morning of 7/14, but about 25,000 lower on the reservation #

Sponsored

focaloca95

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Ram, 2023 Bronco Sport Heritage Limited
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was quoted $500 for deposit from dealer
I'm totally okay with $500. I think it will weed out folks still hoping to win big on a scratch-off or sell a kidney in Honduras. I get it, I remember going to a dealership when I was 18 making $4.35/hour as a cashier and thinking if I could also mow like 10 yards a month I could buy a Ford Ranger b/c the monthly was going to be "just $290", but when they rolled in the entire cost, I got back in my dad's Buick Regal and drove home. I'm thinking dealers will be more likely to work with those that remain b/c their risk of being penalized for not sealing the deal will be minimized.

Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Probably a really dumb question but how do I find my ā€œtime stampā€. I reserved the evening of the 13th, received a confirmation email from my dealership just after midnight(14th), and then received my fomoco confirmation email at 5 am on the 15th. Is the time stamp the time one of those emails was sent to me? Thanks in advance

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm totally okay with $500.
They made the Mach-e reservations $500 right from the start. Surprised they didn't do that with the Bronco out of the gate.

Sponsored

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they don't own up to the b&p in mid October like the email says Ford will take a ton of shit for that. More than the last time they pushed it back.
Has there been any other time specifically put out via Ford directly to reservation holders that didn't say "mid-October"? Not looking for Twitter chatter :)

ctel23

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I hope they require an additional deposit, will knock off those who arenā€™t serious but are clogging up the queue for those of us who actually want to buy a Bronco

I'm with you 100%. I've been beating this drum since we learned of Ford's non scientific formula being used to determine who receives and when delivery will occur.

Reactions: RG7

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Has there been any other time specifically put out via Ford directly to reservation holders that didn't say "mid-October"? Not looking for Twitter chatter :)
Just when Mike Levine opened his mouth ?

FrogGrabber

Black Diamond
First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: 2012 Wrangler, 2015 JKUR, ā€˜70 Jeepster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What time zone? I got my confirmation e-mail Mon 7/13/2020 10:27 PM and it lists "Date reservation placed: 07/14/2020" I'm in So Cal and figured it was a time zone difference. I wonder what my date stamp is.
Iā€™m central time.

ctel23

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
At the end of the day the email, like most of what we hear from Ford, is specifically vague!
Sponsored