Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

"Expect your dealer to request a deposit."

We've heard from some no deposit beyond the $100. I've heard as much as $5k deposit from Midway Ford in Miami. Who knows what kind of funny business we'll be hearing about come December.
my dealer said $500- $100 deposit

Curly

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04' Jeep Liberty, 79' Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Base
Right on. I’m interested as to what will happen Monday too. Let us know!
I was also told, as some has speculated, that Ford will start with the base and lower trim models, which makes sense. If anyone has any experience with OEMS, (I've been to more assembly plants than I care to remember), you'll understand they're not going to dive in with any complicated builds. Build the easy ones first @ base etc. Get they hang of things before they start with all the complicated builds.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So they WILL be expecting an additional deposit at order time.
I spoke with my dealer. They are just using the $100 from the reservations we made as deposit. Check with your dealer.

Sponsored

Kuze

Wildtrak
First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G63
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Honestly, any amount of deposit would be fine because my thought is that it won't allow the dealership or Ford to do something weird with your reservation.

moresmoke

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Chief
Your Bronco Model
Base
It sounds like $1k means little to you and if you loose it, no big deal. I'm sure that's not the case for many here. Non refundable would have me ordering an Explorer or F-150 instead.
How do you loose the deposit? Only if you walk away from the purchase. If you think you might walk away, you shouldn’t be placing a special order. If the dealer can’t deliver, you will be refunded the deposit. When you place the order, you have a contracted price from that point forward. The only thing that will be up in the air is a trade value if you have one.

Y‘all need to remember that the deposit is regulated by the State in many places. It will not be a one size fits all.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interest is like .01% so really will be losing $1.33, that's just unacceptable!?
if you invest in the Thrift Savings Plan aka TSP, the last monthly update was 12%, so 12% of 500$ is quite a bit more than 1.33$

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
if you invest in the Thrift Savings Plan aka TSP, the last monthly update was 12%, so 12% of 500$ is quite a bit more than 1.33$
So they are outperforming the s&p? Better keep this info to yourself!

DeMag1969

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Convertible Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

After receiving the email from Ford this afternoon, I emailed my dealer and asked if they were requiring anything additional down. Got this respons:

“We will not need an additional deposit, since you've already given $100 when you held one. When it gets closer to coming in, I will reach out to you. Now, I do want you to understand, when that time comes, you will need to get in here that day. The $100 that you gave, only holds it for one day. If you are unable to come in, that is when you will give more of a deposit and then you and I will work out the details of when you can come in. Usually, we require a $500 deposit to hold and that is only good for 48 hrs. That is our policy on anything, we have on the ground. I hope I was able to answer your questions. It is getting closer and we still don't have all the answers yet, but soon will. Have a great night!“

Have never ordered a car before. Is this normal?
appreciate any insight those more experienced can give me.

thanks!

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So they are outperforming the s&p? Better keep this info to yourself!
they did for the C fund (it was updated just today, compared to 1 year ago)
Sponsored