Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
My dealer said they don’t know how much deposit will be as they haven’t heard update from ford as to whether it’s a general amount or a % of the build order
Sponsored

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
After receiving the email from Ford this afternoon, I emailed my dealer and asked if they were requiring anything additional down. Got this respons:

“We will not need an additional deposit, since you've already given $100 when you held one. When it gets closer to coming in, I will reach out to you. Now, I do want you to understand, when that time comes, you will need to get in here that day. The $100 that you gave, only holds it for one day. If you are unable to come in, that is when you will give more of a deposit and then you and I will work out the details of when you can come in. Usually, we require a $500 deposit to hold and that is only good for 48 hrs. That is our policy on anything, we have on the ground. I hope I was able to answer your questions. It is getting closer and we still don't have all the answers yet, but soon will. Have a great night!“

Have never ordered a car before. Is this normal?
appreciate any insight those more experienced can give me.

thanks!
I think I need to go to bed now....

ess2thebee

Black Diamond
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F-150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
After receiving the email from Ford this afternoon, I emailed my dealer and asked if they were requiring anything additional down. Got this respons:

“We will not need an additional deposit, since you've already given $100 when you held one. When it gets closer to coming in, I will reach out to you. Now, I do want you to understand, when that time comes, you will need to get in here that day. The $100 that you gave, only holds it for one day. If you are unable to come in, that is when you will give more of a deposit and then you and I will work out the details of when you can come in. Usually, we require a $500 deposit to hold and that is only good for 48 hrs. That is our policy on anything, we have on the ground. I hope I was able to answer your questions. It is getting closer and we still don't have all the answers yet, but soon will. Have a great night!“

thanks!
When I went in to buy my used Mustang, I was required to put a non refundable $1,000 deposit on the car to hold it for two days so I could go to the bank and get the purchase ordering/ financing squared away. I'm sure this is a pretty common practice.

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have two reservations but only got one email , I didn't get an email with any info on my second reservation from a separate dealer. This follows the order of the reservations, so I wonder if later reservations will get later emails?
I got the opposite, i have reservations one at 8:04 and one at 11:20 est. Only got one email for the second reservation. Both reservations are on the same ford account...

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was also told, as some has speculated, that Ford will start with the base and lower trim models, which makes sense. If anyone has any experience with OEMS, (I've been to more assembly plants than I care to remember), you'll understand they're not going to dive in with any complicated builds. Build the easy ones first @ base etc. Get they hang of things before they start with all the complicated builds.
They are testing the "complicated" builda now. To Ford a Wildtrak is also not much more complicated than a base.

You seem to also be forgetting.... The First Edition which they will build... First.

Anyway.... You seem to have all the information so maybe this message will be lost.

I am, genuinely curious, what your dealer wants you to order on Monday and what prices they have that seemingly no other dealer has.

Sponsored

ekim

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now, I do want you to understand, when that time comes, you will need to get in here that day. The $100 that you gave, only holds it for one day. If you are unable to come in, that is when you will give more of a deposit and then you and I will work out the details of when you can come in. Usually, we require a $500 deposit to hold and that is only good for 48 hrs. That is our policy on anything, we have on the ground.
Sounds scary to me. In many cases a dealer can't prep a car as quickly as they want you to take delivery. Also the whole notion of a deposit that only holds a car for 24 or 48 hours sounds pretty sketchy to me.

I'd shop around for a dealer that seems like more of a straight shooter if I got a note like that.

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

thanks!
My dealer knows better. They took a week to give me my wife’s explorer and that’s a week past when they said I would have it, so they better not try it. Plus I’ll be waiting on mine when it rolls in on the truck.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

thanks!
Sounds like a sweet deal...get your order ready to enter and put it in when your # is called, you don't have to put a downstroke!

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now, I do want you to understand, when that time comes, you will need to get in here that day. The $100 that you gave, only holds it for one day. If you are unable to come in, that is when you will give more of a deposit and then you and I will work out the details of when you can come in.

thanks!
Yes, this is completely normal for a shady dealership. It is called a high pressure sales tactic. Start researching other dealers to move your reservation.

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They are testing the "complicated" builda now. To Ford a Wildtrak is also not much more complicated than a base.

You seem to also be forgetting.... The First Edition which they will build... First.

Anyway.... You seem to have all the information so maybe this message will be lost.

I am, genuinely curious, what your dealer wants you to order on Monday and what prices they have that seemingly no other dealer has.
My dealer wanted me to come in next week to put in my order, but they’ve since retracted and said that it would be mid December.

Sponsored

DeMag1969

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Convertible Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When I went in to buy my used Mustang, I was required to put a non refundable $1,000 deposit on the car to hold it for two days so I could go to the bank and get the purchase ordering/ financing squared away. I'm sure this is a pretty common practice.
Not really worried about the $$, but the fact that they seem to imply that they will sell it to someone else if I don’t come in right away. At this point I’ll probably get a ticket driving to the dealer after they tell me it’s arrived. Just seems sketchy to me to say that.

ess2thebee

Black Diamond
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F-150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not really worried about the $$, but the fact that they seem to imply that they will sell it to someone else if I don’t come in right away. At this point I’ll probably get a ticket driving to the dealer after they tell me it’s arrived. Just seems sketchy to me to say that.
Definitely high pressure sales tactic. They want the sale ASAP.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thanks!
i wonder how FORD corporate would react if you reported this to them.
hmmm, penalties were mentioned in another thread

hammerdown

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVID
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford 150 Screw
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford has always required $1000 dep for an order. Been that way since before year 2000.
I ordered a 2006 Mustang GT in Dec 05. No deposit required. Got D plan on it too.

Dealer only had one request:

If you change your mind please tell me before build week so i can change car options.

I ordered 5 speed with spolier delete. He said those options didnt sell well on his lot, hed change it to an auto and slap spoiler back on.

Cfbeaver

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4, Tesla Model Y, 2021 Bronco 4D BLSQTCH
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have two reservations but only got one email , I didn't get an email with any info on my second reservation from a separate dealer. This follows the order of the reservations, so I wonder if later reservations will get later emails?
I also have 2 reservations and only got one email.....
Sponsored