Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I didn't receive an email even checked my junk mail weird ?
I would try going here and Models & Specs checking "Get Updates."

Ford may be emailing only people who specifically requested updates, then cross-referencing that list with the list of reservations to personalize each message (they did a mail merge). It's worth a shot.
Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First Editions will likely be built first or close to it. Mainly because they know they need to build 7500 of a nearly exact configuration.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
So this is a good message from Ford, but contradicts the process they outlined to the dealers, which was widely reported here, that dealers would be allocated a certain number of Broncos to fill their reservations, and that dealer could influence which order their reservations get filled. Hopefully, they stick to reservation order nationally, not by dealer.

Secondly, it's great you will be able to configure and save the configuration to send to your dealer...closes the window for mistakes based on a phone conversation.

Third, with that deposit language, they are just letting the holders know that dealers may charge an extra deposit. It is up to the dealer. I am at Stephen's and they said the $100 is good for them to order, so not really a problem. I kind of hope the other dealers who are out there charge a bigger one...maybe I'll move up in line of people balk at a bigger commitment.
No offense, but it simply states that your time stamp will stay with your order. There is no indication how that time stamp will be used. It can be relevant to only orders at your dealership or applied to all 165K. The statement is in the paragragh regarding the dealer process and not the following paragragh on deliever sequence.

Lanman12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Swede
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer confirmed they will require a $500 deposit. I’m fine with that.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Whoohooo! I got an e-mail from Ford, I'm SOMEBODY!!!!

(Anyone remember this scene from Steve Martin's 'The Jerk'?)

Ford Bronco Ford email update -- reservations, ordering, mid-October Build & Price The Jerk

Last edited:

Sponsored

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My dealer confirmed they will require a $500 deposit. I’m fine with that.
I totally get the deposit, and I wouldn't be offended at all if my dealership asked for one - even a non-refundable one. It would help weed out the people who are just screwing around, have no intention of buying, and whose "orders" could affect a dealership's conversion percentages and totals, potentially impacting current and future allocation (if I understand that piece correctly).

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
if you invest in the Thrift Savings Plan aka TSP, the last monthly update was 12%, so 12% of 500$ is quite a bit more than 1.33$
You are talking apples to oranges here. If you are having to use tax deferred retirement funds buying your Bronco you shouldn’t be buying at all

hamerrr

Big Bend
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
kia sorrento
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just heard from my dealer, they're requiring $1000 total deposit. So another $900 on top of the reservation deposit. I think I'm ok with that.

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Two things caught my attention with this letter. One is the additional deposit. Two is agreeing on the purchase price. "Then, December through January, your selected dealer will be reaching out to schedule an order consultation when you will place your order for production and finalize your purchase price." So does this mean that the price we will pay for the Bronco will be locked in at time of order?

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Two things caught my attention with this letter. One is the additional deposit. Two is agreeing on the purchase price. "Then, December through January, your selected dealer will be reaching out to schedule an order consultation when you will place your order for production and finalize your purchase price." So does this mean that the price we will pay for the Bronco will be locked in at time of order?
At least with the reputable dealers, I would sure assume so. There's no sense of having a build and price that doesn't actually "price". I could see some of these other dealers then doing the "mandatory undercoating" type charges.

Chris

Sponsored

WNC_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4,2017 Honda Civic LX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Texted my dealer and asked about the deposit.

They said on any order they ask for $500. I am ok with that.

Ken Wilson Ford in Canton,NC if anyone is wondering

BMG40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just heard from my dealer, they're requiring $1000 total deposit. So another $900 on top of the reservation deposit. I think I'm ok with that.
Curious - is it refundable? If so I’d be ok with it.

WNC_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4,2017 Honda Civic LX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Curious - is it refundable? If so I’d be ok with it.
Mine said yes its refundable

They also told me(not sure how accurate) that there are 185K reservations right now and Ford will only be making 125K Broncos in 2021 model year,they rest will be 2022's
Sponsored