Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have one that I bought from Emblem City. I hastily installed it before deciding to go another route. I am planning on removing it - and hopefully keeping the tabs intact. I will happily sell for a deep discount to recover some funds and include a new piece of 3M.
DM me. Definitely interested.
Sponsored

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Chevy Nova SS, 2021 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I did mine, and a big thanks to Rem234 for putting it out there. Why Some are in pieces, and others are whole is beyond me. My accent color is Red, so that is why mine is like it is.
Ford Bronco Ford Emblem painting DIY IMG_5408.JPG
Ford Bronco Ford Emblem painting DIY IMG_5435.JPG
Ford Bronco Ford Emblem painting DIY IMG_5438.JPG
Ford Bronco Ford Emblem painting DIY IMG_5439.JPG
Ford Bronco Ford Emblem painting DIY IMG_5457.JPG
Ford Bronco Ford Emblem painting DIY IMG_5491.JPG
Ford Bronco Ford Emblem painting DIY IMG_5489.JPG

Did the Horse and added a "smaller" Bronco badge to fit on the other side.....
Ford Bronco Ford Emblem painting DIY IMG_5509.JPG

Tunnaman88

Badlands
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Rogue/Dodge Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did mine, and a big thanks to Rem234 for putting it out there. Why Some are in pieces, and others are whole is beyond me. My accent color is Red, so that is why mine is like it is.

Did the Horse and added a "smaller" Bronco badge to fit on the other side.....
how did you do the red background on the script badge and bronco?

sage729

Big Bend
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Big Bend soft top, Area 51, non SAS, mid pack
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Stickerfab.com has vinyl stickers for the emblem and other Bronco specific items. I'm looking at the red letters/matte black oval for my A51 BB.

Bad_Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Chevy Nova SS, 2021 Ford Bronco WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

how did you do the red background on the script badge and bronco?
Scanned the horse on the laser, and cut it 1/16" larger on 1/8" abs. Made the Bronco badge smaller from the original size to work on the back door and did the same. Painted them, and glued them together.

Sponsored

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just called https://www.oemfordpartsdirect.com/, and they gave me the following as the correct tailgate Ford oval. I ordered one for $46.07, and the Gloss Black Bronco. I really like OP’s paint scheme, but want to try one with the chrome->gloss black and the blue->CO.
LJ6Z7842528B​
Emblem​

OP
OP
Rem234

Rem234

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Veloster N, 11 Buick Regal, 02 Lesabre
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just called https://www.oemfordpartsdirect.com/, and they gave me the following as the correct tailgate Ford oval. I ordered one for $46.07, and the Gloss Black Bronco. I really like OP’s paint scheme, but want to try one with the chrome->gloss black and the blue->CO.
LJ6Z7842528B​
Emblem​
I'm sure that color pattern will look good. I did the CO on the outside to try and make the badge as small and inconspicuous as possible. If it were not for the holes and the recess I would have just left it off.
Why didn't you just remove and paint the one on your Bronco?

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure that color pattern will look good. I did the CO on the outside to try and make the badge as small and inconspicuous as possible. If it were not for the holes and the recess I would have just left it off.
Why didn't you just remove and paint the one on your Bronco?
Mostly bc I don’t have my Bronco yet, and was hoping to get the badge to have it ready. I’m also curious about painting one Ford oval each way to see which I like best.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wanted to completely remove the Ford emblem, however there is a recess in the tailgate and two holes under it so I decided to paint it to match instead. I thought I would share the process in case anyone else wanted to do something similar. There are two clips and some 3M adhesive holding the emblem on. Once you get it off you have to drill out the sonic welded posts to get the blue pieces separated from the chrome. Then just some light surface prep and you can spray with adhesion promoter, primer, paint, and clear coat. The Cyber orange is a tri-coat paint so there is an orange base coat, then a transparent top coat with all the yellow metal flake in it, followed by the gloss clear. I used some JB weld for plastic to secure every thing back together. Then installed with new 3M adhesive. As You can see in the photos I did break one clip taking it out so I just put 3M tape in that area as well. Turned out really nice and better than just covering the middle with a sticker since all the chrome is gone.

Last week I also removed the Bronco and used the adhesion promoter, primer, black paint, and clear coat on it. Then after a wet sand and polish I reinstalled it with new 3M adhesive as well.

PXL_20210815_214339991.jpg
Many Thanks to @Rem234 for the inspiration on this one! I've been bored witless as I wait for my ARB, Rockslide Engineering and winch pieces to do any kind of project to keep me busy. I finally remembered that I wanted to do this (I had already removed, painted and reinstalled my Bronco in black)

I went with the "opposite" effect - used my car color in the large 'field' and made the prior silver rings and script in black, in keeping with my Ox White and Black theme. It was great to know where the clips were exactly, and what direction they compressed, as I was able to use my plastic trim tools from above and below (after using floss to loosen the adhesive).

My only issue came in that I thought I had JB Weld, but only had 2 tubes of the same part, but no second part hardener, so I used gorilla glue. That was a mistake as I forgot how long it would take to set, and that it would expand a bit, which it did a little around the thin ring and come through the front. Had to sand it down as best as I could without affecting the paint, since it was now glued together. Three coats of the Ox White and Black and then 4 clear coats and 1000 grit wet sanding, add the adhesive back and here it is...

Ford Bronco Ford Emblem painting DIY IMG_6866

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Many Thanks to @Rem234 for the inspiration on this one! I've been bored witless as I wait for my ARB, Rockslide Engineering and winch pieces to do any kind of project to keep me busy. I finally remembered that I wanted to do this (I had already removed, painted and reinstalled my Bronco in black)

I went with the "opposite" effect - used my car color in the large 'field' and made the prior silver rings and script in black, in keeping with my Ox White and Black theme. It was great to know where the clips were exactly, and what direction they compressed, as I was able to use my plastic trim tools from above and below (after using floss to loosen the adhesive).

My only issue came in that I thought I had JB Weld, but only had 2 tubes of the same part, but no second part hardener, so I used gorilla glue. That was a mistake as I forgot how long it would take to set, and that it would expand a bit, which it did a little around the thin ring and come through the front. Had to sand it down as best as I could without affecting the paint, since it was now glued together. Three coats of the Ox White and Black and then 4 clear coats and 1000 grit wet sanding, add the adhesive back and here it is...

Adds a classy look. I like the reverse painted idea here.

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Nice work and exactly how I would do it. This is a reply I made earlier in this thread.

Ford Bronco Ford Emblem painting DIY 72FAE019-3DF4-4D32-8FB7-60C5A254AA7B

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Scanned the horse on the laser, and cut it 1/16" larger on 1/8" abs. Made the Bronco badge smaller from the original size to work on the back door and did the same. Painted them, and glued them together.

Ford Bronco Ford Emblem painting DIY 2872198B-C6EE-4CE7-89DD-1BBAFB826E38
That looks incredible!!! Would you consider making these available for sale??

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford Bronco Ford Emblem painting DIY 614B2DCF-6D7D-4DE4-99BF-4ECAE2037EC8

Cactus gray!!

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

I like this, this is definitely the way I'll do mine when it arrives.

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Love this. Totally deemphasizes the logo. So sick of cars putting badges everywhere. Bronco on front is enough imo. The rest should be clean.
Sponsored