Sponsored

Ford engineers confirm production Bronco will get 2.7L engine and 10R80 10-speed auto transmission

Mustang313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (s197)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

"Bronco R has played a key role in ensuring each and every production Bronco is tested and ready for whatever you may throw at it. We caught up with the Ford Performance engineers to get more detail on production parts like the 2.7L engine (made in Lima, OH), 10-speed transmission, and more!"

Nothing us B6G users don't know already but it does give more validation of the Bronco options leak showing 2.7L EB and 10R80.
Sponsored

Crimpcap

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model Y, Honda G1 Insight
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dammit......take my money already!!!:ROFLMAO:

Bronco_Mando

Badlands
First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ranger; MDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

"Bronco R has played a key role in ensuring each and every production Bronco is tested and ready for whatever you may throw at it. We caught up with the Ford Performance engineers to get more detail on production parts like the 2.7L engine (made in Lima, OH), 10-speed transmission, and more!"

Nothing us B6G users don't know already but it does give more validation of the Bronco options leak showing 2.7L EB and 10R80.
Awesome!!! BUT, will the 2.7 be matted to the seven speed??? Pretty please???

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford confirms that the Bronco R has a 2.7 ecoboost and a 10r80 transmission. He states both of these are factory options for the production Bronco. He goes on to say that larger motors will not be an option...

Edit: thanks @Administrator for merging threads, I didn't see it had already been posted. (y)

Last edited:

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford confirms that the Bronco R has a 2.7 ecoboost and a 10r80 transmission. He states both of these are factory options for the production Bronco. He goes on to say that larger motors will not be an option...

Larger motors as in the v8 will NOT be an option?

Sponsored

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M Coupe // Volvo P1800S // Caterham CSR 200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not familiar with the 2.7L ford engine but heard somewhere that in a different car it produces 325hp and 400ft.lb. Is that right?

Deleted member 3063

I’m not familiar with the 2.7L ford engine but heard somewhere that in a different car it produces 325hp and 400ft.lb. Is that right?
You are correct. My step son has one in a F150 and it's no slouch.

Jomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Awesome!!! BUT, will the 2.7 be matted to the seven speed??? Pretty please???
Should be. The 7-speed is good for 600+ N-m (442+ ft-lb) Significantly more than the stock Ecoboost 2.3 (310 ft-lb) or 2.7 (400 ft-lb).

Last edited:

Sponsored

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Edit: thanks @Administrator for merging threads, I didn't see it had already been posted. (y)
Where in the video does it say that the 2.7 v6 and the 10r80 transmissions will be options on the production Bronco?

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Where in the video does it say that the 2.7 v6 and the 10r80 transmissions will be options on the production Bronco?
He literally says, "Right now we're running the 2.7 ecoboost in this Bronco and it has the 10R80 10 speed automatic transmission that will be in the production Bronco. So powertrain wise it will be the same as what you have in a customer truck."

Shane

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser and 2001 F250 SD 4WD 7.3l
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m REALLY hoping for this. Been a fan of the 2.7 since I first heard about it years ago. Definitely one of Ford’s better designs, I believe, and perfect for my needs in my Bronco. Would have settled for the 2.3, but probably would have held out a lot longer, hoping for an upgrade down the road.
Thank you Ford. Thank you for this Bronco.

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Straight from the horse handler’s mouth... 2.7 Ecoboost engine confirmed to be in the production model of the new Ford Bronco. I didn’t see any mention of this yesterday and found the video while watching Eric’s RevMatch channel. Other mentions include software integrated suspension and torture tests.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Any speculation on what the mpg would be in a Bronco with the 2.7L? Or how much different the 2.3L would be in mpg?
Sponsored