Sponsored

Ford engineers should just stop and ask why? It’s not hard.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have 3 boys, all adults now.
Well, I have several kids too, not adults yet. I don't watch them like a hawk 24/7 to ensure they don't do something not smart. I also expect that when they are in my yard/driveway/garage, they can be reasonably safe. I also don't really give a shit what you think about it.

wally

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would be more than happy to have those issues!!!

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Then take it the fuck out 🤣

I'll keep mine. Alaska roads are dirty.
I just reverse spray mine with shop air. If it eventually gets a hole in it, then I'll replace it.

Lol. Cars never had cabin filters until 20 years ago. Like air doesn't enter the cabin from holes in the body. I mean mice get inside the cabin all the time. Mice are slightly bigger than air molecules.

Bet you a dollar no Bronco will float. It's not air tight.

What a joke.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Takin a piss 😂
Those two little triangles on the rear window help to divert piss, when you dangle at 75mph. It's an aerodynamic effect achieved by creating a vortex in the rear passenger compartment. The Ford engineers did stop to ask "why?" "Why would anyone want piss in their backseat?" The answer is, clearly, "they wouldn't." So, they created a system where one could set cruise (or whatever it is these days), drop trou, hang brain, and piss like a damned racehorse...and still nary a drop hits the back seat. You've got to be aware of road speed, though. At about 47mph, the vortex begins to collapse, creating a vacuum, which actually pulls the urine into the rear passenger compartment. This is all clearly detailed in the hardcopy version of the manual.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Lol. Cars never had cabin filters until 20 years ago. Like air doesn't enter the cabin from holes in the body.
I mean, cars didn't used to have airbags or crumple zones either...so...

Also, modern cars are sealed up tight enough that they have exhaust vents (with filters 🤯) so air has somewhere to go.

Like that's cool if you hate filtration and personally prefer all that crud in your ducting, blower motor, and cabin, but every time I change my filter I'm glad to have it. Do I survive in my older vehicles? Yes, obviosuly. Do I mind replacing the $20 filter in my new ones once a year? Of course not.

Last edited:

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the bronco soft top.

u better just stick to your Jeep then…
Well, you're one of the few I've heard that statement from about liking the bronco soft top.

By the way, my jeep isn't going anywhere. Bronco 4dr BL soft top will be my wife's DD but I'll be removing the factory top for the bestop asap. Soft top was not our original plan.

Sponsored

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sometimes I ask myself why? And after only 1200 miles here’s the list

Why the triangle at corner of the rear window? Is it to annoy the rear passenger resting their arm on the window sill.

Why have an analog and a digital speedo next to each other on the dash? DUMB

Why have ECO mode REALLY when your driving a brick? Give me Sport mode.

Why did they let the left handed intern design the steering wheel button placement. All the Fords I own the volume/source buttons are on the right. Menu buttons on the left. Not the Bronco.

Why does the auto AC at 69 degrees blow twice as hard as 70 degrees regardless of heat load.

Why does the auto AC decide from time to time to give you frost bite on your feet when the heat load is from the windows Why? Cold air sinks, Dah.

Why did Ford put a cabin air filter in? THE ROOF COMES OFF, Hello.

Why doesn't the owner manual tell you that if you unlock from remote and hold for three seconds the windows open? Page 78 owners manual

Why not allow the lock and hold remote feature close the windows?

Why does the dash panel auto dim but the Sync touchscreen stays bright?

Why when switching to a G.O.A.T mode then back to 2WD normal does the menu not revert back to My View, instead you have to toggle through the menu.

Why touching the brake pedal lightly doesn't deactivate the cruise like my F150 (brake lights) you actually have the apply some brake force to deactivate.

Why does adaptive cruise control continue if you open the door and lift your body weight off the seat and unbuckle the seat belt, shouldn't it shut off?

Why are the window switches mounted on the console, just because Jeep does? The 1st generation window cracks were on the door.

Why is it OK to have condensation inside the lens as long as it doesn't puddle or collect. Mine has fogging already and didn't even wash it yet. Page 95 owners manual

Why is the owners manual in the radio? What if I had a dead battery in the middle of an area with no cell service. "Hey Hun what fuse is the headlights? Let's check the Sync"

Why are phone notifications so loud? You can turn them off but not quite them.

Why does Ford think the fix for a poor windshield washer filler design is a tywrap to hold it in place. Mine was missing and filler neck fell off. Check yours out you have a clear or black tywrap?

Why didn't Ford put an engine cover over the motor? Your embarrassed to open the hood just looks like shit. Plastic intercooler piping.

Overall I’m happy with my Bronco I just need to stop asking why.
Yeah you sound happy geez

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, you're one of the few I've heard that statement from about liking the bronco soft top.

By the way, my jeep isn't going anywhere. Bronco 4dr BL soft top will be my wife's DD but I'll be removing the factory top for the bestop asap. Soft top was not our original plan.
No actually I have read quite a lot of people that actually have the bronco and like their soft top…

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
" Why have ECO mode REALLY when your driving a brick? Give me Sport mode. " 🤣 :rolleyes: 🤪 So true!!

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I mean, cars didn't used to have airbags or crumple zones either...so...

Also, modern cars are sealed up tight enough that they have exhaust vents (with filters 🤯) so air has somewhere to go.

Like that's cool if you hate filtration and personally prefer all that crud in your ducting, blower motor, and cabin, but every time I change my filter I'm glad to have it. Do I survive in my older vehicles? Yes, obviosuly. Do I mind replacing the $20 filter in my new ones once a year? Of course not.
If you are comparing passive safety devices that are designed to save lives to air filtration for mechanical devices longevity, well then I can only laugh. The majority of cars I've owned had no HVAC filter and the blower motors lasted the life of the vehicle. My fancy BMW E90 is on it's 3rd blower motor and the system has a charcoal activated cabin airfilter (because the blower motor needs a charcoal filter - lol). Come on man. It's a money grab.
Sponsored