Sponsored

Ford engineers should just stop and ask why? It’s not hard.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you are comparing passive safety devices that are designed to save lives to air filtration for mechanical devices longevity, well then I can only laugh. The majority of cars I've owned had no HVAC filter and the blower motors lasted the life of the vehicle. My fancy BMW E90 is on it's 3rd blower motor and the system has a charcoal activated cabin airfilter (because the blower motor needs a charcoal filter - lol). Come on man. It's a money grab.
All of these trivial topics that get beaten to death are pretty useless except for a good laugh. I think some spend way too much time here and take things way too seriously.
Sponsored

Bled656

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f150 ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2021? Wife's 2020 is like the OP stated, radio buttons on the right. Bronco is reversed from the 2020 F-150
Yes 2021, i’m glad is the same on the bronco otherwise i’d be pushing the wrong buttons

ScoutandBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 International Scout, 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fortunately, I ordered the optional 8 year old to operate the electronics....
But due to unprecedented times and high demand, the children are delayed and not expected until model year 2025.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I can answer this one. BMW's have the same situation and I knew someone at BMW so I finally asked. Its because in the US we have too many litigigious people. Its really that simple. In europe BMW windows do work that way, its disabled in the US because they are concearned someone will raise the windows remotely and get hurt and sue BMW for thier own stupidity.
Certain Fords can already do it. The base requirement is the car needs auto-up and auto-down on all four windows, for the sake of the pinch sensing. Through Forscan, I can get "Global Open" and "Global Close" options in my Windows menu, but my car lacks the wiring necessary to perform it.

As far as steering wheel button placement, I far prefer stereo controls on the right. On the dashboard, the instrument cluster is on the left, radio on the right. Steering wheel buttons should match.
I get so much muscle-memory-confusion switching between my Flex and my work Silverado -- Silverado has audio controls on the rear of the wheel, where the paddle shifters are in the Ford. I keep downshifting when I mean to change tracks.

Last edited:

Aardvark53

Base
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, nice list. I only wish I had a Bronco to make al list of crazy things that boggles the mind. Good luck figuring all that out.

Sponsored

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why did Ford put a cabin air filter in? THE ROOF COMES OFF, Hello.
My other car is a convertible. At one point, I had to drive from SF to LA contemporaneous to some forest fires. Putting the top up and having that cabin air filter was what made the air breathable.

Why not allow the lock and hold remote feature close the windows?
Also for that car, the owners manual goes on and on about how you can one-touch raise the driver's-side -- and *only* the driver's side -- window, because they didn't want to risk someone getting their arm crushed. Like the Bronco, the windows are frameless and thus have different structural designs to a typical car window. Translation: the motors are stronger and there is an increased risk of crushing.

Now imagine that you have parked your Bronco and turned away to walk into your house. But your 3-year-old kid reaches in through a window to grab a stuffed animal off of their car seat. And without looking, you use the key fob to close the windows.

There are other solutions to that problem besides simply not having the feature... but risking amputation is generally not one of them.

Why are the window switches mounted on the console, just because Jeep does? The 1st generation window cracks were on the door.
If the front doors are off, and the back doors are still on, how do you control the back windows from the driver's seat? Admittedly not a frequently-anticipated scenario, but if you have a genius solution in mind Ford might listen. Also, having the four window switches on the driver's door forces a lot more wiring to go through that one connector. And if it's sold in the UK then they also need to have different L/R front door variants by region. So I can think of a lot of reasons for the designers not wanting to put those switches there.

All that said, I appreciate you posting your frustrations. It reveals some of the quirks, and also highlights by omission that you didn't encounter *worse* frustrations.

TimmH

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Phone notification volume is probably tied to your phone like the other versions of sync. Turn your phone volume down if you want them quieter.

Also I can't believe you're complaining about NOT having a cheap unnecessary piece of plastic covering the motor. Those things are so damn pointless.
If it's like past systems I have had, you can adjust the volume of different processes during the process. This can be difficult on like messages that are but a second or so long, but essentially if your on a call or receiving a text, while that sound is coming through the system, adjust the volume and it should save to whatever you set it at.

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why doesn't the owner manual tell you that if you unlock from remote and hold for three seconds the windows open? Page 78 owners manual

Why not allow the lock and hold remote feature close the windows?

My Mustang is the same way I wondered why not roll up seems more useful to me if it starts raining or forgot to roll them up. I don't think it is in the manual at all just saw it on some YouTube videos
This is a safety issue, where a person or pet could be caught in the closing window. Most auto makers have automatically retracting windows, and not the other way around, for the same reason.

My 4Runner key fob would lower the rear window, but not raise it, for this reason as well.

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

and good reason for the digital manual. This will be an easy addendum on what not to do. Hope is it not just a description but includes illustrations or since it is digital a nice video clip would help.
of what, a guy jumping out the car as it drives away?

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Those two little triangles on the rear window help to divert piss, when you dangle at 75mph. It's an aerodynamic effect achieved by creating a vortex in the rear passenger compartment. The Ford engineers did stop to ask "why?" "Why would anyone want piss in their backseat?" The answer is, clearly, "they wouldn't." So, they created a system where one could set cruise (or whatever it is these days), drop trou, hang brain, and piss like a damned racehorse...and still nary a drop hits the back seat. You've got to be aware of road speed, though. At about 47mph, the vortex begins to collapse, creating a vacuum, which actually pulls the urine into the rear passenger compartment. This is all clearly detailed in the hardcopy version of the manual.
i almost pissed myself reading this...

Sponsored

ehssey

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why did I waste 5 minutes reading this? :D

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I mean, cars didn't used to have airbags or crumple zones either...so...

Also, modern cars are sealed up tight enough that they have exhaust vents (with filters 🤯) so air has somewhere to go.

Like that's cool if you hate filtration and personally prefer all that crud in your ducting, blower motor, and cabin, but every time I change my filter I'm glad to have it. Do I survive in my older vehicles? Yes, obviosuly. Do I mind replacing the $20 filter in my new ones once a year? Of course not.
Here in lies the problem with putting something in print. Sometimes people don’t get the tone of the person making a comment. It’s simple sometimes people are just joking . here I will give you a sign 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My 2015 ford has volume on the left and cruise on the right.

My wife's 2015 ford has volume on the right and cruise on the left.