Sponsored

Ford engineers should just stop and ask why? It’s not hard.

79Crewzer

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘05 F250 Harley <40k miles, ‘18 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sometimes I ask myself why? And after only 1200 miles here’s the list

Why the triangle at corner of the rear window? Is it to annoy the rear passenger resting their arm on the window sill. So they just couldn't get the extra 2 inches in overall length to make it fit, got it.

Why have an analog and a digital speedo next to each other on the dash? DUMB. For those that like the vintage look you didn't fuss about window cranks not being an option. Still DUMB

Why have ECO mode REALLY when your driving a brick? Give me Sport mode. Go to Baja mode and select 2WD or 4A to do the same thing. Why?

Why did they let the left handed intern design the steering wheel button placement. All the Fords I own the volume/source buttons are on the right. Menu buttons on the left. Not the Bronco. Blah, Blah Radio on right menu on left except if you drive a manual then you want it the other way cuz your to busy shifting.

Why does the auto AC at 69 degrees blow twice as hard as 70 degrees regardless of heat load. This was not a sexual reference, cool Easter egg

Why does the auto AC decide from time to time to give you frost bite on your feet when the heat load is from the windows Why? Cold air sinks, Dah. Couldn't afford an air duct and two vents in a $50K vehicle.

Why did Ford put a cabin air filter in? THE ROOF COMES OFF, Hello. West coast forest fires, You folks need more help than just a cabin filter.

Why doesn't the owner manual tell you that if you unlock from remote and hold for three seconds the windows open? Page 78 owners manual It's was a secret, not any more. If one window is down just a little this feature doesn't work, Thanks Ford.

Why not allow the lock and hold remote feature close the windows? Blah, Blah kids stick their heads out the windows and the auto reverse feature isn't enough.

Why does the dash panel auto dim but the Sync touchscreen stays bright? dash and Sync should have a common light level input instead they are separate and work independently of each other.

Why when switching to a G.O.A.T mode then back to 2WD normal does the menu not revert back to My View, instead you have to toggle through the menu. Just more work

Why touching the brake pedal lightly doesn't deactivate the cruise like my F150 (brake lights) you actually have the apply some brake force to deactivate. You tailgaters out there really hate when I touch the brake to deactivate the cruise when I can just press a button on the wheel.

Why does adaptive cruise control continue if you open the door and lift your body weight off the seat and unbuckle the seat belt, shouldn't it shut off? Ford lawyers looking into this now, was asked to verify and sent video to unnamed person. Do it yourself, find one on dirt mountain to test it on.

Why are the window switches mounted on the console, just because Jeep does? The 1st generation window cracks were on the door. How do you close the rear windows when the front doors are off? Window cranks ;)

Why is it OK to have condensation inside the lens as long as it doesn't puddle or collect. Mine has fogging already and didn't even wash it yet. Page 95 owners manual

Why is the owners manual in the radio? What if I had a dead battery in the middle of an area with no cell service. "Hey Hun what fuse is the headlights? Let's check the Sync" Dumb example here, and yes it saves the trees and easier to update the manual.

Why are phone notifications so loud? You can turn them off but not quite them. Adjust the phone volume doesn't work on Android Auto.

Why does Ford think the fix for a poor windshield washer filler design is a tywrap to hold it in place. Mine was missing and filler neck fell off. Check yours out you have a clear or black tywrap? Over torqued bolt flexes little press lock fitting causing it to pop out, so tywrap it on.
Ford Bronco Ford engineers should just stop and ask why? It’s not hard. 20210908_074017

Ford Bronco Ford engineers should just stop and ask why? It’s not hard. 20210908_074104

Why didn't Ford put an engine cover over the motor? Your embarrassed to open the hood just looks like shit. Plastic intercooler piping.

Overall I’m happy with my Bronco I just need to stop asking why.
Sponsored

Last edited:

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why does adaptive cruise control continue if you open the door and lift your body weight off the seat and unbuckle the seat belt, shouldn't it shut off?
Pretty good list, except..... How in tf did you figure this out? 😂 :unsure:

Winkydee

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Ford Econoline Cargo Van
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why the triangle at corner of the rear window? Is it to annoy the rear passenger resting their arm on the window sill.

Why have an analog and a digital speedo next to each other on the dash? DUMB

Why have ECO mode REALLY when your driving a brick? Give me Sport mode.

Why did they let the left handed intern design the steering wheel button placement. All the Fords I own the volume/source buttons are on the right. Menu buttons on the left. Not the Bronco.

Why does the auto AC at 69 degrees blow twice as hard as 70 degrees regardless of heat load.

Why does the auto AC decide from time to time to give you frost bite on your feet when the heat load is from the windows Why? Cold air sinks, Dah.

Why did Ford put a cabin air filter in? THE ROOF COMES OFF, Hello.

Why doesn't the owner manual tell you that if you unlock from remote and hold for three seconds the windows open? Page 78 owners manual

Why not allow the lock and hold remote feature close the windows?

Why does the dash panel auto dim but the Sync touchscreen stays bright?

Why when switching to a G.O.A.T mode then back to 2WD normal does the menu not revert back to My View, instead you have to toggle through the menu.

Why touching the brake pedal lightly doesn't deactivate the cruise like my F150 (brake lights) you actually have the apply some brake force to deactivate.

Why does adaptive cruise control continue if you open the door and lift your body weight off the seat and unbuckle the seat belt, shouldn't it shut off?

Why are the window switches mounted on the console, just because Jeep does? The 1st generation window cracks were on the door.

Why is it OK to have condensation inside the lens as long as it doesn't puddle or collect. Mine has fogging already and didn't even wash it yet. Page 95 owners manual

Why is the owners manual in the radio? What if I had a dead battery in the middle of an area with no cell service. "Hey Hun what fuse is the headlights? Let's check the Sync"

Why are phone notifications so loud? You can turn them off but not quite them.

Why does Ford think the fix for a poor windshield washer filler design is a tywrap to hold it in place. Mine was missing and filler neck fell off. Check yours out you have a clear or black tywrap?

Why didn't Ford put an engine cover over the motor? Your embarrassed to open the hood just looks like shit. Plastic intercooler piping.

Overall I’m happy with my Bronco I just need to stop asking why.
well that settles it, I'm canceling.

Sponsored

95FordBroncoguy

Big Bend
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 FSB on 1 tons, 97 PSD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The rear window “triangles” are there to cover the area of the glass that’s not technically there. The glass is missing the bottom corner to allow the window to go the whole way down into the door, if it was square, they would run into the inner door where the “wheel arch” is.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Why did they let the left handed intern design the steering wheel button placement. All the Fords I own the volume/source buttons are on the right. Menu buttons on the left. Not the Bronco.
I can't answer all of them, but I can address this one. This is actually a smarter way to do it, especially in a car with a manual as an option. Statistically, the most frequent things you're doing with your steering wheel controls is turning the volume up and down, muting, etc. Which means, that your left hand is the one that's guaranteed to be on the wheel all the time. Thus, put those controls near the hands that can do that work more often. Also means that you can still drive the car (if it's a manual) while controlling the radio, etc.

VW did this with their ergonomics and it took me about 6 months of owning mine to realize the genius behind it, and just how stupidly everyone else was doing it. Another fun fact? in a vw/audi, everything that's a driver alert that can be safely ignored, is in the right cluster with the speedo, things like the tpms, traction control, DRL indicator, stuff like that. Everything that's a concern with the engine that should be addressed asap, is in the left cluster with the tachometer.

95FordBroncoguy

Big Bend
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 FSB on 1 tons, 97 PSD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I can’t wait for my Dirt Mountain Bronco so I can ENJOY IT, I’ve worked hard and waited just like many others here. Every vehicle has its faults, if it’s just that unbearable, move on and let the next guy who has been drooling over one and saving/scraping every penny have a chance.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why when switching to a G.O.A.T mode then back to 2WD normal does the menu not revert back to My View, instead you have to toggle through the menu.
My 2019 Super Duty does this with tow mode when hooked up then for a period of time not towing anything. Wish it would default to My View so I don’t have to toggle. It’s annoying.

Haven’t gotten around to checking manual if there’s a setting change or not.

Sponsored

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why doesn't the owner manual tell you that if you unlock from remote and hold for three seconds the windows open? Page 78 owners manual

My Mustang is the same way I wondered why not roll up seems more useful to me if it starts raining or forgot to roll them up. I don't think it is in the manual at all just saw it on some YouTube videos

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My Mustang is the same way I wondered why not roll up seems more useful to me if it starts raining or forgot to roll them up. I don't think it is in the manual at all just saw it on some YouTube videos
My guess is it’s a perceived safety issue. Kids or dogs in vehicle with auto up could be hazard. 🤷

OP
OP
79Crewzer

79Crewzer

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘05 F250 Harley <40k miles, ‘18 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The rear window “triangles” are there to cover the area of the glass that’s not technically there. The glass is missing the bottom corner to allow the window to go the whole way down into the door, if it was square, they would run into the inner door where the “wheel arch” is.
I guess it’s better to have the widow go all the down then

Bled656

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f150 ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My new f150 is like this now…
Sponsored