Sponsored

Ford engineers should just stop and ask why? It’s not hard.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why does the auto AC at 69 degrees blow twice as hard as 70 degrees regardless of heat load.
There's something about 69 and blowing twice as hard that just doesn't feel wrong to me, at all.
Sponsored

goalie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why not allow the lock and hold remote feature close the windows?
I can answer this one. BMW's have the same situation and I knew someone at BMW so I finally asked. Its because in the US we have too many litigigious people. Its really that simple. In europe BMW windows do work that way, its disabled in the US because they are concearned someone will raise the windows remotely and get hurt and sue BMW for thier own stupidity.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Why does adaptive cruise control continue if you open the door and lift your body weight off the seat and unbuckle the seat belt, shouldn't it shut off?
I’m not sure I can legally ask how you know this. :LOL:

Ford Bronco Ford engineers should just stop and ask why? It’s not hard. 1631071894017

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm on the shitter with a phone that has 4% battery life, but I wanted to post so I can come back and answer just about every single question you have with real, valid reasons.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Phone notification volume is probably tied to your phone like the other versions of sync. Turn your phone volume down if you want them quieter.

Also I can't believe you're complaining about NOT having a cheap unnecessary piece of plastic covering the motor. Those things are so damn pointless.

Sponsored

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Air quality has been consistently terrible out here in the west with the more frequent and increasingly large wildfires happening year round. I don't know why anyone would be upset that there is a cabin air filter when their top is on...
Every day we are wheeling I am amazed at how little dust actually gets inside the cabin. That filter is working it’s butt off here in Moab!

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The answers are in RED

Sometimes I ask myself why? And after only 1200 miles here’s the list

Why the triangle at corner of the rear window? Is it to annoy the rear passenger resting their arm on the window sill.

Look at the bottom of the doors. Now tell me If you think that the window is perfectly square. If the window edge at the rear corner was square, then you wouldn't be able to roll the window down all the way.

Why have an analog and a digital speedo next to each other on the dash? DUMB

I wanted a tachometer, personally.

Why have ECO mode REALLY when your driving a brick? Give me Sport mode.

Modes are overrated. Plus, more plebs like to have a mode to make them think that they're getting better fuel economy.

Why did they let the left handed intern design the steering wheel button placement. All the Fords I own the volume/source buttons are on the right. Menu buttons on the left. Not the Bronco.

Ford shouldn't have put them on the wrong side to begin with. Elbow up on the window sill, right hand shifting or just straight chilling. Wanna turn up the volume? Your left hand is almost always on the steering wheel with the thumb within easy reach of the buttons. It's honestly one of the things that annoy me the most, having the audio controls on the right in my '20 F-350.

Why does the auto AC at 69 degrees blow twice as hard as 70 degrees regardless of heat load.

Because NICE

Why does the auto AC decide from time to time to give you frost bite on your feet when the heat load is from the windows Why? Cold air sinks, Dah.

Spreads the air throughout the cabin better. Remember how the rear vents are under the seats for the back seats (the actual outrage here)? They only work when you have the HVAC set to the floor.

Why did Ford put a cabin air filter in? THE ROOF COMES OFF, Hello.

To protect the blower motor. I can't tell you how many blower motors I've replaced from dust intrusion.

Why doesn't the owner manual tell you that if you unlock from remote and hold for three seconds the windows open? Page 78 owners manual

That's the beauty of having a digital manual, it can always be updated OTA for features that have been overlooked. It's an all-new vehicle, not every single aspect will be perfect.

Why not allow the lock and hold remote feature close the windows?

Liability issues. But I am pretty sure that you can enable that using ForScan.

Why does the dash panel auto dim but the Sync touchscreen stays bright?

Make sure you check the brightness settings in Sync...

Why when switching to a G.O.A.T mode then back to 2WD normal does the menu not revert back to My View, instead you have to toggle through the menu.

Why touching the brake pedal lightly doesn't deactivate the cruise like my F150 (brake lights) you actually have the apply some brake force to deactivate.

Use the cancel button? Personally, I hate it when I accidentally tap the brake pedal and it deactivates cruise control.

Why does adaptive cruise control continue if you open the door and lift your body weight off the seat and unbuckle the seat belt, shouldn't it shut off?

You mean you never wanted to commit insurance fraud before?

Why are the window switches mounted on the console, just because Jeep does? The 1st generation window cracks were on the door.

How the hell are you supposed to roll down the back windows from the front seat if you have just the front doors off?

Why is it OK to have condensation inside the lens as long as it doesn't puddle or collect. Mine has fogging already and didn't even wash it yet. Page 95 owners manual

Modern headlights come with breathers so they can vent to atmosphere, specifically so they won't puddle up.

Why is the owners manual in the radio? What if I had a dead battery in the middle of an area with no cell service. "Hey Hun what fuse is the headlights? Let's check the Sync"

I'll take, "Things that you'll never experience for $600, Alex." I don't see what's so bad about ditching a notoriously large item from the glove box. Also, it allows for OTA updates for added or missing information, like previously stated. Also, it saves money.

Why are phone notifications so loud? You can turn them off but not quite them.

Turn down the notification volume on your phone.

Why didn't Ford put an engine cover over the motor? Your embarrassed to open the hood just looks like shit. Plastic intercooler piping.

I'd be more embarrassed if it did have a cover. It makes nothing more attractive, adds cost, adds another part you have to take off when you work on it, and adds weight.

Overall I’m happy with my Bronco I just need to stop asking why.

Every vehicle has quirks. Learn to live with them, and you just might come to like them.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm on the shitter with a phone that has 4% battery life, but I wanted to post so I can come back and answer just about every single question you have with real, valid reasons.
Completing your bowel movement would be more productive.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs