Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Must be funded by eliminating x-plan for 2021.
Does X-Plan affect dealer or Ford profit? or some of both? - As a conservationist, I am happy to see Ford taking this initiative. Makes the no x-plan discount a bit less painful, if that is where funding is coming from.
Sponsored

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford, I’ll donate another $100 to the fund if I can get that sticker for my new rig!!
B5F46E93-22DE-40D0-A690-B791189EA38D.png

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Can they re-open Tellico? Will the funds they put into National Forests just go into the government’s general fund or actually to maintaining trails and facilities for off-road use while controlling erosion and runoff?

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does X-Plan affect dealer or Ford profit? or some of both? - As a conservationist, I am happy to see Ford taking this initiative. Makes the no x-plan discount a bit less painful, if that is where funding is coming from.
X plan only usually effects Ford Profit. while Dealers are reimbursed less than the difference between X plan and MSRP, they get extra money from Ford as profit. In a Bronco case, where dealers may be able to sell at MSRP if customers dont shop around, their profits would be hurt by X plan. but at dealer like Granger that are selling at or below invoice to get volume, their profits would have been helped by X plan.

Reactions: jxc

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can they re-open Tellico? Will the funds they put into National Forests just go into the government’s general fund or actually to maintaining trails and facilities for off-road use while controlling erosion and runoff?
The funds appear to be going to other non-profits, not the National Park System. So in this instance they are targeted at the special interests of those non profits. So reforestation is the first one, and the second one so far is helping at risk youths get to the outdoors. More non profits will jump on surly as the program builds.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I believe this means we can write off our Broncos come tax time? /s

this is cool Ford is doing this. We do all need to help preserve our parks and trails if not we won’t be allowed to off road anymore.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bravo Ford, Bravo. We need more of this from not only companies but the general population. Trail closures are real and have been for decades. Be responsible out there when you go.

Sponsored

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
First thing I thought when I read this. Probably saved about 5 million with the X-Plan decision. I applaud them for doing something like this, but i'm sorry Humans come first. And when you just took that money away from the humans, I feel your priorities are off.

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First thing I thought when I read this. Probably saved about 5 million with the X-Plan decision. I applaud them for doing something like this, but i'm sorry Humans come first. And when you just took that money away from the humans, I feel your priorities are off.

If X plan costs you 2K (which it wont if you shop around) that would be an extra $40 a month a 5 year loan at 4% interest. If $40 a month breaks your ability to buy a NEW vehicle...you probably shouldn't be buying a new vehicle. Now, I am not a financial planner, but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night.

Just gonna leave this here. I have never met a bad tree, but I have met bad humans. :p

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Really??!! Humans saving a couple of bucks is more important than keeping our forests healthy?
I agree, someone’s priorities are off!

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Bronco Wild Fund to Support Outdoor Preservation, Public Access, Starting with National Forest Foundation and Outward Bound USA | Ford Media Center

1603202246475.jpg

• Ford is establishing Bronco Wild Fund, fulfilling its promise to help off-road enthusiasts enjoy the wilderness responsibly through preservation, education and access programs funded by a portion of the proceeds from every Bronco sold
  • Bronco brand’s endowment is targeted to raise up to $5 million annually for reforestation, trail management, outdoor adventure and scholarship programs through nonprofits dedicated to the preservation of our nation’s outdoors for generations to come
  • Bronco Wild Fund initially will support the National Forest Foundation, the exclusive nonprofit working to support America’s 193 million acres of national forests, and Outward Bound USA, a leading educational nonprofit teaching teamwork and character development through challenging outdoor experiences
DEARBORN, Mich., Oct. 20, 2020 – Ford today announced creation of the Bronco Wild Fund, which will support the responsible enjoyment and preservation of the great American outdoors.

A special endowment will be funded by a portion of the proceeds from Bronco®two-door, four-door and Bronco Sport SUV sales, as well as Ford licensed merchandise. The fund’s goal is to raise up to $5 million annually and today pledged to plant 1 million new trees by the end of 2021.

“The Bronco Wild Fund will help Bronco owners and off-road enthusiasts connect with the outdoors on a deeper, more personal level – ultimately enabling them to become responsible stewards of our nation’s treasures,” said Mark Grueber, Bronco brand marketing manager.

Connecting with and inspiring people into the wilderness, responsibly

Bronco Wild Fund will work through a series of strategic alliances with nonprofits selected for their preservation efforts of America’s outdoors and their encouragement of responsible stewardship through improved access and education.

The first two nonprofits to reach those objectives are the National Forest Foundation, which will receive support to help with its reforestation of America’s national forests, and Outward Bound USA, which will receive funds to provide access for young people to learn and grow through outdoor experiences in some of our country’s great wilderness spaces.

Future preservation initiatives will include financial support for reforestation and trail maintenance programs, forest health, fire mitigation and restoration work. The fund will provide additional support through equipment donations to various forestry agencies across the U.S., while outdoor access programs will focus on education and scholarships, outdoor learning and environmental stewardship.

To learn more about the Bronco Wild Fund, go to www.broncowildfund.com.

National Forest Foundation

The National Forest Foundation, created by Congress in 1992, is the only nonprofit solely dedicated to protecting and promoting America’s 193 million acres of national forests and grasslands. A primary effort of the organization has been ongoing reforestation for post-forest fire restoration and reforestation in other areas of natural disturbance. The foundation launched the 50 Million for Our Forests campaign to raise funds by 2023 to plant 50 million trees across the National Forest System. Along with helping the foundation reach its goal faster by planting 1 million trees, Bronco Wild Fund will contribute to ongoing reforestation efforts.

Bronco enthusiasts can participate in forest stewardship efforts directly through programs to help plant a tree for every $1 donated. Ford dealers can support the foundation through volunteer and engagement efforts organized by Bronco Wild Fund. Additional sustainability programs will be announced later this month.

“We are proud and excited to receive this incredible support through the Bronco Wild Fund for our 50 Million for Our Forests campaign,” said Mary Mitsos, president and CEO, National Forest Foundation. “Their backing will help restore forests damaged by severe wildfires and help protect our nation’s water supply, air quality and sequestering carbon. Through this alliance, we’ll also help people reconnect with the wild in a responsible manner to encourage stewardship of our public lands and help protect America’s national forest resources.”

Outward Bound USA

Offering programs to access some of our country’s great wilderness, Outward Bound USA is a world-recognized nonprofit on a mission to change lives through challenge and discovery. Founded in 1941, the organization pioneered outdoor adventure learning around the world and now operates in more than 30 countries.

In the United States, Outward Bound delivers expeditionary learning programs in and out of the classroom that build character, leadership that results in effective teamwork and a respect for the environment. Bronco Wild Fund will donate $50,000 to Outward Bound USA in 2020 to create unique Bronco-inspired backcountry expeditions to provide access to outdoor learning experiences that teach responsible enjoyment and care for the environment and public lands. The fund has allocated $250,000 for Outward Bound USA scholarships for 2021.

“We are thrilled to work with Ford to create special opportunities for young people to learn and grow through outdoor adventures that they will carry with them for a lifetime,” said Josh Brankman, executive director, Outward Bound USA.

Outdoor enthusiasts can engage with Outward Bound USA and regional Outward Bound Schools to promote nature-based learning and community service through future programming.

Iconic Bronco brand returns

Since 1965, Bronco has always stood for off-road innovation. The original Bronco SUV helped change the off-road space with its agility and sports-oriented off-road 4x4 capability, and enabled Ford to be the first American manufacturer to reference “sports-utility vehicles,” or SUV.

Bronco is the new outdoor lifestyle brand from Ford with an all-4x4 family of vehicles including Bronco two-door, first-ever Bronco four-door and smaller Bronco Sport models – all engineered with Built Wild™ Extreme Durability Testing, Capability and Innovative Design principles.
You know what they should do? Charge $100 to join, and give us an N plan for "Nature" plan since they took the X plan. I love this and I am glad they did it. Just think if they did this in the beginning, how many people would have save their money on the mustang club and given it to Ford for this.