mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Someone i really looked up to said to me when i was young everyone should a convertible once in their life,im going to add convertible with a stick ?
Sponsored

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also think we here on this forum are vastly overestimating the demand for manuals based on our smaller sample of Bronco buyers here. We probably only represent 2000 or so actual Bronco purchases of the hundreds of thousands they're planning to sell. There's probably a higher percentage of off-road enthusiasts here than of the total buyer population too.

Consumer demand has been trending towards automation and safety features, both of which are benefitted by the automatic transmission. I think we're also underestimating how much time, research, prototyping and testing goes into decisions like this in large organizations like Ford. I would absolutely order a manual with the more powerful engine, given the option. I think it's pretty cool that they're offering it at all. I'm also pretty psyched about the GOAT modes and you give those up for the manual too.

N3T

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 e320 wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm also pretty psyched about the GOAT modes and you give those up for the manual too.
Wait, what? I thought GOAT modes affected engine programming, traction control/abs/nannies, AND trans shift points. We still have two out of three with the manual.

Ford Bronco Ford explains why no manual with 2.7L Bronco 012E9F36-44BD-4F1B-BCA3-0BB940B6474C

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad to hear you are new to and open to getting the manual. We need more people new to manuals willing to experience them, because that's what it is, an experience. My daughter told me yesterday they were looking to get a manual sports car. Made me feel like I raised her right.

I hope you really enjoy the manual. For me personally, driving an auto is monotonous. The manual adds to it in a way that's hard to describe, but seems to make the drive worth doing. I'm just not interested in an auto and probably will never own one unless health concerns require it.
I've been practicing in my friends Subaru Impreza hatch and it's no sports car just has the base engine. It's been a lot of fun just being able to shift the gears and felt fast. I don't know if I'm one of the people to say manuals only for cars or sports cars. I've seen some of the Bronco running around with the manual and it still looks fun. I wasn't fortunate enough to grow up around people with manuals but I'm glad I"m starting now.

I'm just bored with auto nowadays, I'm just wanting to get behind the wheel of my friends Impreza it's just so much fun. He looks at it this way, you're doing a thing which is the driving that's it. There's no time to do anything other than drive. I feel like I'm not doing much behind the wheel of an auto, compared to a manual.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've been practicing in my friends Subaru Impreza hatch and it's no sports car just has the base engine. It's been a lot of fun just being able to shift the gears and felt fast. I don't know if I'm one of the people to say manuals only for cars or sports cars. I've seen some of the Bronco running around with the manual and it still looks fun. I wasn't fortunate enough to grow up around people with manuals but I'm glad I"m starting now.

I'm just bored with auto nowadays, I'm just wanting to get behind the wheel of my friends Impreza it's just so much fun. He looks at it this way, you're doing a thing which is the driving that's it. There's no time to do anything other than drive. I feel like I'm not doing much behind the wheel of an auto, compared to a manual.
I started on a manual at 12yrs old and my high school car was a '71 MACH 1, so I've been spoiled. I commute on a motorcycle to fight the boredom.
I hope you get and are happy with the manual. It is a different state of mind.

Sponsored
OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Well, your ability to drive a manual makes you a member of the exclusive club that only about 15% of American drivers belong to!??

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, your ability to drive a manual makes you a member of the exclusive club that only about 15% of American drivers belong to!??
I'm hoping to see or convince more people take the plunge into a manual for their Bronco in the mean time before we start making our orders. There's a lot of cool people in the manual club, let's get this group even bigger ?

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Awesome. I plan on taking my boys out with me. They are both in elementary school. Introduce them to off roading

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
I also think we here on this forum are vastly overestimating the demand for manuals based on our smaller sample of Bronco buyers here. We probably only represent 2000 or so actual Bronco purchases of the hundreds of thousands they're planning to sell. There's probably a higher percentage of off-road enthusiasts here than of the total buyer population too.

Consumer demand has been trending towards automation and safety features, both of which are benefitted by the automatic transmission. I think we're also underestimating how much time, research, prototyping and testing goes into decisions like this in large organizations like Ford. I would absolutely order a manual with the more powerful engine, given the option. I think it's pretty cool that they're offering it at all. I'm also pretty psyched about the GOAT modes and you give those up for the manual too.
I agree a lot with a lot of this.

I've been saying for a long time on this forum that Ford got caught flat footed by the Bronco's MT take rate.
It's simply off the charts compared to not only anything in the SUV/ Truck category, but even high end sports cars.
+30% MT Bronco sales is crazy.
The car industry now averages 5% MT sales.
The 2020 Corvette doesn't even have a MT transmission anymore!
And nobody cared!

Easy prediction:
If Ford sees MT sales in the Bronco stay steady after the 2021MY sucks up what could potentially just be pent-up MT SUV demand, the 2.7L 7M will happen by 2023MY.

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 2020 Corvette doesn't even have a MT transmission anymore!
And nobody cared!
We cared enough not to buy one even though we could afford the C8 corvette

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
We cared enough not to buy one even though we could afford the C8 corvette
I respect your decision. You have the money to buy whatever drives "right" to you.

But let's be clear for the peeps here, the mid engine C8 outperforms just about everything on the planet by an amazing amount.
Everything in it's price class is crushed.
A key part of that performance is the paddle shifted Auto transmission.
Chevy looked at the sales #s and got a homerun with the no MT C8.

* I know you didn't argue this, just saying* Ford really wasn't being dumb for not even starting work on a 2.7L capable 7M.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... “The manual in the 2.3 was paired up with what someone would want to do in the rock-crawling world, and that creeper gear is fantastic, so it’s well-tailored to that engine and that particular application.”...
Soo in the applicaiton where torque is so important they were willing to crank up the gearing to make it happen, it was important to use an engine that ... produced less torque.

Total BS answer.
Sponsored