Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"Still, Jeep says that fewer than 5 percent of new Wranglers leave its Toledo, Ohio, assembly plant bound for U.S. showrooms with the manual transmission."

Really easy market research for them....although I think they will have a higher percentage of manuals, and would have had a lot higher rate if it was offered with the 2.7.
Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The good news is that the reason given is NOT an engineering problem with pairing the 2.7 with the Manual but rather a marketing decision.

Importantly they do not rule out a 2.7 with manual in the future.
A money decision really rather than marketing or if they could engineer it. They could have the one-off pieces to make one fit machined by the end of the week if they really wanted to. But to invest in castings, development, durability testing, etc. would require real money against the very likely possibility it would not turn a profit.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the manual is being offered to the “traditional” User who wants to do “technical” things off-road with a “creeper” gear then why not offer manual with the 2.7 only and not the 2.3?

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
"Still, Jeep says that fewer than 5 percent of new Wranglers leave its Toledo, Ohio, assembly plant bound for U.S. showrooms with the manual transmission."

Really easy market research for them....although I think they will have a higher percentage of manuals, and would have had a lot higher rate if it was offered with the 2.7.
If the 2.3/manual pairing sells well the 2.7/manual offering in the future has a better chance.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ha, exactly. "Why won't a manufacturer build me something they can't really sell and still keep the price at like 38k??"
You mean "under 30k" because it should also be free or Ford should pay us to drive exactly what we want...

Ford Bronco Ford explains why no manual with 2.7L Bronco sarkastodon.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

tenor.gif

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The crappy thing is, is that If you want Ford to build the 2.7 with the manual you need to show them by buying the 2.3 with the manual. Many of us aren't willing to give up the V6 just get a manual. So, a 2.7/manual won't ever happen.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I feel like the marketing/sales decision made the engineering issue a non-factor. No point in engineering them to be compatible when you have no plans to combine them from the start. Plus it looks better to say "No one wants it" than "We could do it, but we won't".
I work in the auto industry and the demand for manual transmissions is very low.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The crappy thing is, is that If you want Ford to build the 2.7 with the manual you need to show them by buying the 2.3 with the manual. Many of us aren't willing to give up the V6 just get a manual. So, a 2.7/manual won't ever happen.
True. I want a manual...but the 2.7 is more important to me. I am sure there are others in that boat.

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As of today (seems to change everyday) I am set on the 2.3L manual while making plans to purchase a 2023 model with the 2.7L manual.

Hopefully, I will be surprised by the 2.3L and have no need or desire to swap to the 2.7. I keep recalling how much fun I had in my 2003 350z when it first came out and it had 287 HP and 274 lb-ft. 270 and 310 should be plenty to bring a smile to my face in the 2.3L.

Sponsored

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think Ford is fully expecting there's going to be a substantial uptick in manual take rates because the 2021 Bronco is basically made-to-order only. The dealer orders will tell the real story...and thus the self-fulfilling prophecy will continue.

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
for a company that sells the mustang i simply dont believe this

imagine not wanting a 4wd mustang off road car that could be tuned to 400hp with a stick

People should keep begging and i bet the next run of broncos will have manual

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

TL;DR - It wasn't worth the cost to offer because "take-rates for models with manual transmissions is relatively low"
Yeah that's what happens when you consistently restrict it to the less desirable options.

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

As of today (seems to change everyday) I am set on the 2.3L manual while making plans to purchase a 2023 model with the 2.7L manual.

Hopefully, I will be surprised by the 2.3L and have no need or desire to swap to the 2.7. I keep recalling how much fun I had in my 2003 350z when it first came out and it had 287 HP and 274 lb-ft. 270 and 310 should be plenty to bring a smile to my face in the 2.3L.
I agree about the 350Z.

I bought and restored a 2003 350Z two years ago, it is currently my daily driver (not that I drive with Covid). Did you attend in ZFEST in Orlando back in the early days of the 350Z? Going to the ZDAYZ event in NC next week! I will be going to the Bronco East event the next week to finally see the new Bronco.

I am getting a FE with the 2.7L Auto. I will miss a manual; however I think the fact that ford provided a manual at all and fixed the Squash package is awesome for the community. Developing a manual for the 2.7L does not make financial sense for Ford at this time, hopefully down the road.
Sponsored