Sponsored

Ford Extended Warranty - Zeigler v. Flood?

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes, it adds way more to the High Tech and Electrical group which is where some of the big dollars are.
Thanks! I'm probably going with the Premium then! Thanks everyone for the assistance!!

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Granger is looking into selling the plans at a significant discount...
I think I'm going with Flood! Do you think Granger will best Flood or Zeigler?

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was going to wait closer to the 3 year line, but with the price increase and seeing some of the failures that have been going on, I decided to pull the trigger tonight before Ford ups the price as well. Went with 7yr/100K/$100 deductible. I pretty reliably drive 15K/year, so that worked out best - huge jump to the 125K...

Also had 62K in points, so saved $310 there that I would have let sit around for a while.

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I believe @Zach@Granger said they would beat Flood's prices. The details should be out this month.
Actually, I think I’m going to wait for Granger…where I got my Bronco! They were super!!

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I believe @Zach@Granger said they would beat Flood's prices. The details should be out this month.
Yes, we're working on getting it finalized. As always things take longer than we anticipated. We like to do cheap though 😜

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think $50 deductible is the sweet spot. I posted up in another thread that the difference in deductible eats up the initial price difference pretty quick, and that the $50 was better than $0 until there are seven warranty occurrences. Here is my other post:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/extended-warranty-pricing.30853/page-2#post-1047818

Zeigler is $1905 for what I want, Flood is $1955. I’ll probably go with Flood tonight. FYI, using FordPass points is great, but if you cancel within the 30 or 60 day period the FordPass points are forfeited. I’m considering selling my truck and getting back in line, so I’ll probably keep the points for the next Bronco purchase.

Last edited:

TK-421

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, we're working on getting it finalized. As always things take longer than we anticipated. We like to do cheap though 😜
Thanks, Zach. Very much looking forward to getting a BD and warranty from Granger.

Sponsored

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think $50 deductible is the sweet spot. I posted up in another thread that the difference in deductible eats up the initial price difference pretty quick, and that the $50 was better than $0 until there are seven warranty occurrences.

Zeigler is $1905 for what I want, Flood is $1955. I’ll probably go with Flood tonight. FYI, using FordPass points is great, but if you cancel within the 30 or 60 day period the FordPass points are forfeited. I’m considering selling my truck and getting back in line, so I’ll probably keep the points for the next Bronco purchase.
I'm confused - if you are going to sell it in 30-60 days, why get the warranty? What am I missing? I know it is transferable, but if you are expecting to cash out, then that is not relevant. If you aren't and expect to use it as a draw for purchase, you need to get that amount as a premium to cover your cost.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm confused - if you are going to sell it in 30-60 days, why get the warranty? What am I missing? I know it is transferable, but if you are expecting to cash out, then that is not relevant. If you aren't and expect to use it as a draw for purchase, you need to get that amount as a premium to cover your cost.
If it doesn’t sell for a premium I’ll just keep it, in which case I’ll save $200+ on the warranty. Option B is to raise the price accordingly to cover the warranty for the buyer if it sells. I’m happy to keep the Bronco for myself, but if someone else wants it $20K over MSRP worth I’ll get back in line. At this point it’s so new I’m not attached to it, once I have 1000 miles on it I’m sure I’ll feel differently.

Last edited:

fuesting

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would anyone happen to know if I can buy a warranty before taking delivery of my vehicle? I'm in production now. Thanks

Happy

Black Diamond
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ5, Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The application requires your VIN
Sponsored