Sponsored

Ford Extended Warranty - Zeigler v. Flood?

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The bulbs in the LED housings are not necessarily serviceable, so if an LED fails they would have to replace the entire light.
ohhhh crap! I have a base - I was going to buy LED bulbs for the rear - I cant find what I have in the front I think its LED but dont know if its "sealed"
Sponsored

BostonSasquatch

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Lux Badlands with hardtop and Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have 9 months' ownership and 17,000 miles on my Badlands Sas Lux. Can I still get extended warranty? Would I have to pay a premium or suffer reduced coverage?

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have 9 months' ownership and 17,000 miles on my Badlands Sas Lux. Can I still get extended warranty? Would I have to pay a premium or suffer reduced coverage?
The cost is $100 more between 12,000 and 36,000 miles than under 12,000.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would say go lower on the deductible. After 2 visits at $200 you are at the same price as the $50. On the good side you can modify your plan up until the 3/36 warranty expires. If I start racking up a bunch of miles I’d upgrade to 125K or 150K. Here is what I posted in the other thread:

Doing some quick math, the $50 deductible is where I land. Here are the prices for the 8 year 100K plans from Flood. 8/100 is the sweet spot for me, the 125K plan price jumps $700 on the $50 deductible plan. These prices do not include the LED or key coverage.

$0 Deductible $2060,
$50 Deductible $1755, $1855 after 2 visits, $2055 after 6 visits
$100 Deductible $1605, $1805 after 2 visits, $2205 after 6 visits
$200 Deductible $1470, $1870 after 2 visits, $2670 after 6 visits

I’m paying a little more up front for the $50 deductible gambling that I’ll have more than two but less than seven warranty visits from 36K to 100K miles. I’m also gambling that I’ll have more than $1855 worth of covered repairs, but in today’s world the radio screen or safety system could potentially cost that much.

I ended up buying first day rental for the extra $50. It may be $50 wasted because most of the time I wouldn’t need a rental. I purchased it because I want to be covered if we take a trip and something happens.

For anyone buying, absolutely get the additional lighting coverage for $70. The LED headlights and other LED’s aren’t covered by the standard warranty, and they are expensive.
Do you happen to know how well the extended warranty covers a manual transmission? For example, sometimes even the standard warranty has low coverage on items such as clutch replacement. I'll have to read through the small print before deciding to buy the extended.

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do you happen to know how well the extended warranty covers a manual transmission? For example, sometimes even the standard warranty has low coverage on items such as clutch replacement. I'll have to read through the small print before deciding to buy the extended.
Generally, warranties do not cover wear items (think brake pads) Clutches are wear items, I would be amazed if clutches are covered...

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Generally, warranties do not cover wear items (think brake pads) Clutches are wear items, I would be amazed if clutches are covered...
Yep, my economy car has a manual transmission, and even though the vehicle has a standard 100,000/10yr drivetrain warranty, the clutch only came with a 1 year warranty. So maybe the extended won't cover clutch at all.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As said above, clutch isn’t covered due to being a wear item. The internals on the transmission are covered, so that cold weather grinding/rattling we are hearing. The premium maintenance plans do cover the clutch and brakes. The main reason to get the extended warranty on these trucks is all the electronics that are very expensive to repair.

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bought mine from granger on their site and it took me 5 minutes to buy it. Showed up on my ford app in 15 days. Great product Zach
wait do you mean the FordPass Connect app?
Is Granger a dealer?

I havent used it yet , but I thought it just turned on and off the Bronco or something like that.
Theres a place in it for ESP info?
And 3rd party ESP will show up there too?
To do what, make it easy for check in at Service?

too many questions.... but thanks sounds interesting

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
wait do you mean the FordPass Connect app?
Is Granger a dealer?

I havent used it yet , but I thought it just turned on and off the Bronco or something like that.
Theres a place in it for ESP info?
And 3rd party ESP will show up there too?
To do what, make it easy for check in at Service?

too many questions.... but thanks sounds interesting
Yes they are a dealer. They post on here. They have a link that will take you to their esp warranty and make you purchase. On the app there is a warrant page which will show your purchase.

Sponsored

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Granger pricing looks good unless you add the First Day Rental coverage. They're at $110 vs Flood's $50 cost there. That more than covers Granger's lower price on Premium Care vs Granger. Adding Lighting+Key+First Day Rental ends up at Granger $10 more than Flood, so pretty much a wash.

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Purchased my 10yr/125kmi Ford PremiumCARE Warranty from Granger. They had the best deal. Very easy purchase and very happy with Granger. Warranty made sense for me because I'm retiring and want the peace of mind in the years/miles ahead.

Mike Kleen

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG Base MIC
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have 11k miles on my base, picked up last August. I believe the dealership wanted beteen 2500-3000 for extended warranty. I got 5y/100k for like $875 last week w Granger. It was on my Ford account in 24hrs. Sounds like some others are similar, but @Granger Ford is super active and responsive in the forums and they seem like good people.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Purchased my 10yr/125kmi Ford PremiumCARE Warranty from Granger. They had the best deal. Very easy purchase and very happy with Granger. Warranty made sense for me because I'm retiring and want the peace of mind in the years/miles ahead.
I would have zero piece of mind with a ford warranty since the first thing they do is try to find a reason not to cover it.

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would have zero piece of mind with a ford warranty since the first thing they do is try to find a reason not to cover it.
I've owned Ford vehicles for the past 30 years and I've never had an issue with warranty work...not a single issue.
Sponsored