Sponsored

Ford Extended Warranty - Zeigler v. Flood?

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any advantages to getting the ESP right away or waiting until 1-2 years to get it?
Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any advantages to getting the ESP right away or waiting until 1-2 years to get it?
The coverage is the same, you just pay $100 more after 1 year or 12,000 miles. A benefit is that the first day rental (if purchased) starts immediately. If you buy it tonight you can avoid a price increase. Net you might save $300.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the heads up on the price increase tomorrow. Cashed in 161000 points which dropped my warranty down from $1500+ to $700. Went with Flood.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So is everyone going with PremiumCare vs ExtraCare
I went ExtraCare. I couldn't justify the extra $600. By the time anything that covers dies I could probably find a lot of used stuff online if it breaks. But mostly I didn't want to spend the extra $.

Sponsored

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I went ExtraCare. I couldn't justify the extra $600. By the time anything that covers dies I could probably find a lot of used stuff online if it breaks. But mostly I didn't want to spend the extra $.
Yes, me too, in that I'm bouncing between the two! Hopefully I'll decide soon! I'm going to wait for Granger's pricing, and I'll check with my local Ford dealership.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It appears you can modify the plans purchased from Flood as long as you’re under 3/36K. Personally I wouldn’t buy anything under the platinum. I’m not worried about the powertrain, I’m worried about the 12” screen, safety systems, and the MIC 2.0 hardtop.

I just purchased mine from Flood, 8/100K with light, key, and first day rental for $1955. Zeigler was still $50 less, but for whatever reason I prefer Flood.

Last edited:

JDoc92

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So what’s the thought on 3rd party warranties? I work for a certain large commercial insurance company that also sells many F&I products at dealerships including extended warranties. I can get at cost so for example on an 8 year 100k mile plan I can get for 39% below Flood’s price. Only downside I see is $15k limit on my company’s for the life of vehicle versus a limit of the value of vehicle per visit (big difference) of Fords.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So the prices from Flood's website will be what a local dealership would offer, would you know?

Many dealers will tell you Floods prices aren't real and there is no way anyone could sell it at that price. They are lying.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So what’s the thought on 3rd party warranties? I work for a certain large commercial insurance company that also sells many F&I products at dealerships including extended warranties. I can get at cost so for example on an 8 year 100k mile plan I can get for 39% below Flood’s price. Only downside I see is $15k limit on my company’s for the life of vehicle versus a limit of the value of vehicle per visit (big difference) of Fords.
I’ve heard good things about the mechanical coverage offered by progressive, they offer a similar coverage for the outboard on my boat that I purchased. I purchased a third party warranty on my diesel truck in 2008, they did pay all the claims but always sent out an adjuster to verify the claims. When I worked as a consultant in dealerships absolutely everyone said only buy factory warranties because of difficulties getting paid, approvals, etc. Third party was another layer of pain in the ass for the service writers to deal with. Factory warranties seldom send out an adjuster or cause issues for the dealership.

Sponsored

JenB

Badlands
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep LJ, 2021 4DR Badlands, 2023 DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just for reference, when I bought my Bronco a warranty was offered to me @ $3,500 for 8 years and 100,000 miles. I got them to go down to $2500. Flood still blows them away.
I have to admit, when I bought my Ford F-150 Tremor, the finance guy offered me a plan for 5k, I said no thanks. He dropped it to 3k and I thought, wow, this must be a racket. Thanks to this forum I found the info about Flood—when I picked up my Bronco (different dealer) I asked if he could match Flood. He said no way he can match Flood, that they are selling below wholesale and some Ford dealers were considering legal action against them. Appreciate the heads up about the price increase, just went online and bought my policy, including the key service —lost my Porsche key fob in a snow drift (long story) and replacing it was expensive and painful!

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Am I the only one who logged in to check the price increase this morning? It’s still showing the yesterday prices.

Murraydog11

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I went with Flood. My dealer's extended was 4,900.00. Flood with no deductible, and bulb coverage, was less than half. It was an almost 60K vehicle. I think it's worth it.

OP
OP
TX-Hans

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I ended up going with Zeigler since its price was a couple hundred lower than Flood for the package I put together. I did try to keep the business with my local dealer, who tried, but they couldn't get close on the price.

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs