Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Made the switch early July. No further word from Ford..... Really don't want to wait until 2023, so sucked it up. Hopefully all the aftermarket boys are watching and coming up with tops better than what Ford will someday..
Sponsored

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think we can safely assume that the first decent aftermarket hard top solution for Bronco is going to sell very well.
Hopefully. My ideal scenario would be to switch from hard to soft (already did that) and then have a 3rd party manufacturer produce a hardtop that has a 2 part center so we can fit both rows in the trunk.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Easiest way for Ford to get more soft top orders: Lock us into a price, or at least an estimate, for the cost of purchasing a hard top (modular or MIC) later.

People are also wondering how long we will have to wait until the tops are available to order from the parts counter. How soon after MY23 production begins will mod tops be able to be ordered as an accessory item?

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I refuse! If I wanted a soft top I’d buy a real convertible. And probably be cheaper. I will not sacrifice what I want and spend $55k for something that isn’t exactly what I want. I’ve had a VIN since April….so build it don’t build it, but I will not change it.
Can I get an "Amen" !?

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I refuse! If I wanted a soft top I’d buy a real convertible. And probably be cheaper. I will not sacrifice what I want and spend $55k for something that isn’t exactly what I want. I’ve had a VIN since April….so build it don’t build it, but I will not change it.
VIN since April and it's not built!?

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I read this. But yet my dealer has not reached out to me once about changing. So if I wasn't on this forum, I'd barely know about switching.

So like others have said. This probably means they didn't get the numbers they were hoping for. But if dealers aren't pushing it, they aren't going to get those numbers.

Why would they... For every reservist that does NOT switch, That's one more stock model they can sell with an ADM.

Dealers literally have incentive not to have you switch.

Shifty

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah my wife's project manager on billion dollar weapon systems for this great country so know a little about project management. And it's been a hundred years since our last epidemic it's probably not in the program management institutes study guide! With all the reviews online, and the vehicles off-road prowess, pretty sure the program manager should feel pretty good about themselves. Things happen. But as I said we're all welcome to our thoughts and opinions and I certainly respect yours and I get your point.
I think what people are upset about has nothing to do with the pandemic or even the delay. It’s the communication, or lack there of.

This is the worst I have ever seen. I think their intentions are good, but really really bad execution. Someone earlier mentioned this should be a HBS case study, I don’t think it’ll get to that, but I’m already using it as a case study for our business.

Ford can do so much better, ford needs to be better than this!

Last edited:

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Ford extends deadline for Soft Top with Hardtop Hardware Prep Kit to July 23 (From July 16) 4F058158-0C08-4655-8136-0FA6B9FAA750

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think we can safely assume that the first decent aftermarket hard top solution for Bronco is going to sell very well.
I’m kinda surprised there aren’t any Best Top moles on the forum with updates on their hard top options. That might make this choice easier

Sponsored

Caiden16

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I changed to the old soggy bottoms top from Ford and on that note changed the color to what I really wanted. I have to say that the mic top doesn’t look that swell either and I have a feeling will start to turn birdshit white after being sun bleached. I will get the painted top whenever and if it costs 5 grand I’ll tell my wife I paid 2 grand.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I changed to the old soggy bottoms top from Ford and on that note changed the color to what I really wanted. I have to say that the mic top doesn’t look that swell either and I have a feeling will start to turn birdshit white after being sun bleached. I will get the painted top whenever and if it costs 5 grand I’ll tell my wife I paid 2 grand.
That feeling of uneasiness was one of the factors of switching to soft top for me. I hope webasto figures it out and cranks out perfect hard tops for all. I just have 0 faith lol.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dealer told me I couldn’t change my color or anything else because I would be pushed to end of the line. Is this true??

I have a 4 door FE in rapid red reserved and I want to switch to cactus grey and a soft top after seeing it in person
I asked this specific question of my dealer (my cousin). She said "It does not change your position. You can change options up until a couple days before they pull your order for scheduling." Sounds like your dealer maybe just doesn't want to deal with any hassle with changes.

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My dealer told me I couldn’t change my color or anything else because I would be pushed to end of the line. Is this true??

I have a 4 door FE in rapid red reserved and I want to switch to cactus grey and a soft top after seeing it in person
You're dealer isn't being honest. You can definitely change the color. FE is still hardtop only though.

There's really no end of line for FE anyways. You'll get it this year no matter what.
Sponsored