Sponsored

Ford Files Trademark for “Excursion” Nameplate.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
https://carbuzz.com/news/a-new-ford-excursion-could-be-in-the-works

Ford field the nameplate “Excursion” with the trade mark office. With sales of SUVs way up. FCA coming out with the Grand Wagoneer. Expedition sales nearly doubled for 2019. And gas floating round the mid to low $1/g mark, it makes sense for Ford to bring back the big suv.

I personally would love to see a large superduty, 7.3 solid axel 10 speed auto. gimmi
Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn't Ford already have that trademark?
I wonder if a change in EPA standards allowed them to bring the Expedition back?

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Doesn't Ford already have that trademark?
I wonder if a change in EPA standards allowed them to bring the Expedition back?
its a 10 year cycle for trademarks, so if they trademarked it in 1997/1998 it would have expired In 2007/2008. Ford probably said they didn’t want to waste money on a trade mark they wouldnt use again.

as for the epa standards, f250 Powertrain meets standards. and could be exempt from light duty standards for having a GVWR over 8,500lbs

Ford Expedition is 7,500 F250 is 10,000 meaning excursion should be close to 9000

FastM400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator L, Wrangler JKU, Noble M400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thanks for posting this, I read it yesterday, would be nice to have an excursion as an option, right in time for me to feel like my navigator was getting a little long in the tooth.

Im hoping a new excursion could be brought out quickly, Get a new f250 frame and add some seats, poof, new vehicle...I kid but I would be interested in seeing how long any of you think it would take for a new one to hit the market.

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for posting this, I read it yesterday, would be nice to have an excursion as an option, right in time for me to feel like my navigator was getting a little long in the tooth.

Im hoping a new excursion could be brought out quickly, Get a new f250 frame and add some seats, poof, new vehicle...I kid but I would be interested in seeing how long any of you think it would take for a new one to hit the market.
probably not long. I image since the new Expedition Max is the same size as the old Excursion now. All they would do is take that body and slap it on a F250 chassis, change up the bumper and lights. Done.

and the way ford has been the last few years, once the trade mark hits, one year later is the announcement. Year after that reveal. (Give or take) see Mach E and Bronco And soon Mach 1.

Sponsored

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hold up. That could distract me from a bronco. Imagine an Expedition with the underworks of a Tremor.... :eek:

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hold up. That could distract me from a bronco. Imagine an Expedition with the underworks of a Tremor.... :eek:
would be something like 148” wheelbase 240” long. 80” wide. 82” tall. 35” tires. 9500 GVWR 10,000 lb towing cap. 7.3 gas or 6.7 diesel 10 speed auto. (14mpg) solid axels and lockers all around.

Because I want to take the whole squad, towing a tree over this mountain, threw the Forrest with my middle finger to the EPA because MERICA!

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

May be its here
34tUD.jpg
I'd think a Super Duty based Excursion would come out of the Kentucky plant..... unless they are running out of capacity maybe???

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
esentation-bank-of-america-merrill-summit-2019-jpg.jpg
Bronco Excursion? Well we know they had identified opportunity for a large rugged vehicle.
Personally I don't need a large vehicle, so "The Bronco" is the one for me.

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd think a Super Duty based Excursion would come out of the Kentucky plant..... unless they are running out of capacity maybe???
definitely running out of room. Expedition, navigator are way up. F250-600 are way up too. And the vans.

the Ohio Plant makes the chassis cabs and cut aways and larger trucks.
They already maxed out Ohio.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oh man supercharged 7.3 tremor excusrion with something in the differentials. Maybe have the f250 sized cab with a roof bulge above the second row just a few inches to make camping in the back nicer. Id like to see a sunroof package over all seating areas so when you lay down in back you can watch the stars. Tow package and dual battery option with power points in back. Maybe sliding and folding captains chairs in the second row with a ford accessories fridge freezer tucked between em. That be a pretty serious rig that you could justifiable chargd a bundle for. The bigger it is the more they can accessorize it. Just as long as it isnt top heavy like the transits. The best offroad package would be nice if it was flared a touch wider than the super dutys. That would also allow for a next size up tire swap over the f250s without lift. Has my dream reached $
100k yet?

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
love the f600! Perfect for tow truck or dump truck or large utility truck. But keeping the GVWR low enough to not need a CDL
Sponsored