Sponsored

Ford Files Trademark for “Excursion” Nameplate.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought about this later on and started thinking about the good ol' 2500 Suburban, which is gone now also. The 3/4 ton set up was considered by many to be the consumate trailer tow vehicle. I can only imagine that if there were a market, GM would pull that rabbit back outta the hat, and I haven'y heard a peep....not that I frequent the trailering circuits much.
Sponsored

topher3134

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Wherever the Army takes me, middle east right now
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250 Superduty FX4, 2012 F150 FX4, 2007 Wrangler unlimited Sahara
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I thought about this later on and started thinking about the good ol' 2500 Suburban, which is gone now also. The 3/4 ton set up was considered by many to be the consumate trailer tow vehicle. I can only imagine that if there were a market, GM would pull that rabbit back outta the hat, and I haven'y heard a peep....not that I frequent the trailering circuits much.
My grand parents still have their excursion from the last year of the 7.3. Great truck. We had some 8100 suburbans on some early deployments. I would think most current F250 buyers dont really need the pickup bed and it would be better suited to another row of seats and some big cargo area. With a tremor pakcage they could be used in the sandy parts of usa for tow vix to get their buggys and side by sides out to the desert.

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
My grand parents still have their excursion from the last year of the 7.3. Great truck. We had some 8100 suburbans on some early deployments. I would think most current F250 buyers dont really need the pickup bed and it would be better suited to another row of seats and some big cargo area. With a tremor pakcage they could be used in the sandy parts of usa for tow vix to get their buggys and side by sides out to the desert.
working in a business that deals with construction crews, excursions would be very welcomed. Get the whole crew in one vehicle with the equipment trailer. Good to go.

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

working in a business that deals with construction crews, excursions would be very welcomed. Get the whole crew in one vehicle with the equipment trailer. Good to go.
See that’s the only issue, the bare bones Work Truck trims are still super expensive. With the exposition starting at what? $50k? $55k? I can’t imagine where the excursion would start.

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
See that’s the only issue, the bare bones Work Truck trims are still super expensive. With the exposition starting at what? $50k? $55k? I can’t imagine where the excursion would start.
expedition starts at $56k
F250 realistically starts at $50k for the 7.3 4x4 (6.2 is worthless just get a f150)
So a expedition would be around $62-65k for a 7.3 4x4. Yes a lot of money. But not much more than a 250

Sponsored

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

A while back, in one of the "Full Size Bronco or GTFO" type threads, there was discussion of the Bronco "family." In that thread (and I don't remember which one it was, so don't ask), I had made a semi-smartassed comment that if they decided to make a new FSB, they could add it to the Bronco family as the "Bronco Excursion." I wonder if that's what they're thinking about doing with this trademark.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A while back, in one of the "Full Size Bronco or GTFO" type threads, there was discussion of the Bronco "family." In that thread (and I don't remember which one it was, so don't ask), I had made a semi-smartassed comment that if they decided to make a new FSB, they could add it to the Bronco family as the "Bronco Excursion." I wonder if that's what they're thinking about doing with this trademark.
OOOHHHH YYEEEAAAHHHH! In 2 or 4 door. Removable top would be nice but I could live with multiple sunroofs especially if at least 1 opened. Would be pretty sweet if a 2 door had around 4+ feet of cargo area and removable rear seats so one could fully camp inside it or actually squeeze a fair amount of cargo in it. Make it fairly capable but no real need to go super hardcore since it wont fit on any tight trails unless modified with atleast 6 inches of lift, and builders will do that anyways. So just give it as good a stuff as you can get in an f250 with maybe a next size larger tire. That would be the halo bronco excursion that i go in to drool over and end up leaving in a regular bronco. the soccer moms can get the bronco sport.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Holy crap i just remembered that the super dutys are aluminum, that means an aluminum excursion, which would be absolutely insane if there was a a 2 door version. Those things would still be kickin around offroading well after 2060 sure by the then the are 40 years old there will be alot of patched frames and flakey paint. I would have loved for the new bronco to have been all aluminum. I hate it when good vehicles rust.

OP
OP
FirstOnRaceDay

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Holy crap i just remembered that the super dutys are aluminum, that means an aluminum excursion, which would be absolutely insane if there was a a 2 door version. Those things would still be kickin around offroading well after 2060 sure by the then the are 40 years old there will be alot of patched frames and flakey paint. I would have loved for the new bronco to have been all aluminum. I hate it when good vehicles rust.
at minimum the new bronco will have aluminum doors, hood, and roof. So it’s just the quarter panels after that. We shall see.

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
at minimum the new bronco will have aluminum doors, hood, and roof. So it’s just the quarter panels after that. We shall see.
Unfortunately its not the roof and hood... or even the doors so much that are the issue. It's the rockers, sills, floor pans and other panels that require cutting/welding to replace.
That being said, it will be interesting in a few more years to see how the Al F150's fare against steel body competitors.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah its the body shell that catches the mud, salt, sand, and water. All natural predators of steel. Honestly it would be better if it was the other way around. Steel panels on a aluminum body shell. Everything that gets whacked could take it and everything thats hard to replace dont rust. But I would rather it be all aluminum except the diffs.
Sponsored