Sponsored

Ford filling 2020 reservations - what does it mean?

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds a lot like a customer service rep who wanted to get off the phone and thought this response was the fastest means to do so.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd seen it in a post before, but experienced it for myself when calling customer service to see if I had a VIN and date. I was told by the rep that Ford is trying to fill all 2020 reservations by Q2 of this year (can't remember if this was a matter of getting a build date or an actual delivery). My question -if true, does this mean dealer allocations aren't going to play a part when trying to fill these?
The current allocation formula does not use the number of reservation at each dealer as part of deciding to build a Bronco for that dealer. I think that should answer your question on how hard they are trying to service the reservationists.

OP
OP
jnew71

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds a lot like a customer service rep who wanted to get off the phone and thought this response was the fastest means to do so.
Only others on here have been told the same - saw it in a thread, but can't remember which one. She said to call back next week - you are probably correct, but her response was scripted

Kristi

Black Diamond
First Name
Kristi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MDX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I ordered a Jeep on Friday. That's how much confidence that I have of seeing my order fulfilled before the end of 2023.
out of curiosity, what bronco specifics did you order? 4/2 door? hard/soft top? trim package?

Sponsored

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I ordered a Jeep on Friday. That's how much confidence that I have of seeing my order fulfilled before the end of 2023.
Same. Life is too short to wait this long on a vehicle, and I’ve already waited longer than I should have.

GoneAndDusted

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd seen it in a post before, but experienced it for myself when calling customer service to see if I had a VIN and date. I was told by the rep that Ford is trying to fill all 2020 reservations by Q2 of this year (can't remember if this was a matter of getting a build date or an actual delivery). My question -if true, does this mean dealer allocations aren't going to play a part when trying to fill these?
I have a 7/15 reservation at a small town dealer back home. I was 5 of 7 allocations in '21, and being a 2 door order, got pushed to '22. That dealer received 3 in '21.

When I updated my order for '22, I honestly did not expect to get scheduled in '22 due to the allocations given to smaller dealerships.

And today, I just received an email saying my Bronco is scheduled to be built next week.

Abramsman1

Raptor
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I am extremely hopeful this is true because as a 7/14 res 2dr Wildtrak i still have no VIN or even as much as a preview and i was allocation #1 at my dealership which has already delivered 2 orders so that tells me allocation doesn't mean much, it's what you order and if ford can build it they will, if not, better luck next batch of emails. I hope to see mine before the summer at least but if not it has to be before winter 2022 i can't survive another PA winter with my mustang daily.

babraunagel

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dont know if it holds any water but I've heard nothing but crickets since my 7/14 0600 reservation and early orders in January 2021 and again in October 2021 after being pushed to a 2022. This was even being as an allocation of 13 out of 23 at the dealer I chose....never even was a 'previewing' candidate...

Fast forward a couple weeks ago I drop the tow and PPF...........dealer then texts me their allocations were increased for 2022. Next week I'm previewing for the first time with a projected schedule date. Next week Ford relays a VIN has been created and Bronco rep tells me the 'projected schedule date' had been confirmed.

Who knows how this works anymore but I'm just glad I'm in the mix after seeing so many people walk in without a reservation and get a build date with the same build I made back on 7/14/20.

We'll see how many times the 'scheduled date' gets pushed further down the line.....
Happy for you -- exciting!

My reservation is 2-hours before yours, no tow, no PPF. No preview, no VIN, no build date.

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The OP said "by" Q2. 🤪🤪

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Same. Life is too short to wait this long on a vehicle, and I’ve already waited longer than I should have.
So what's your plan, out of curiosity. There's no way you're going to be able to sell a brand new Jeep in the next couple years and not take a hit?

I asked because I'm in a similar situation, but with a used Jeep. I struggle everyday not to invest any money into building it up because it was just more money that I'm going to lose on resale.

Now if you have enough money that you can keep both, I guess then it's a win-win but for most I don't think they can afford two brand new 55k vehicles

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So what's your plan, out of curiosity. There's no way you're going to be able to sell a brand new Jeep in the next couple years and not take a hit?

I asked because I'm in a similar situation, but with a used Jeep. I struggle everyday not to invest any money into building it up because it was just more money that I'm going to lose on resale.

Now if you have enough money that you can keep both, I guess then it's a win-win but for most I don't think they can afford two brand new 55k vehicles
Jeeps have a reputation for holding their value and from what I can see, it's true. While the Bronco is still my first choice, I'm super excited for my Sarge Green Willys to come home. I have 2 adult children that might be interested in the Jeep, plus two other relatives that expressed an interest when that decision has to be made. If I end up loving the Jeep and not readyto part withit, I'm sure that I won't loose money on the Bronco either. I estimate that I have about 2 years to think about it.
Sponsored