Sponsored

Ford filling 2020 reservations - what does it mean?

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So what's your plan, out of curiosity. There's no way you're going to be able to sell a brand new Jeep in the next couple years and not take a hit?

I asked because I'm in a similar situation, but with a used Jeep. I struggle everyday not to invest any money into building it up because it was just more money that I'm going to lose on resale.

Now if you have enough money that you can keep both, I guess then it's a win-win but for most I don't think they can afford two brand new 55k vehicles
My plan is to cancel the Bronco order. Actually I asked my dealer to go ahead and cancel it today since I got my Jeep vin (I ordered on Friday....). At this point I'm honestly just exhausted by this whole process, I don't want to have to sit checking my email incessantly every scheduling period only for another letdown.

2 Years ago when I decided I would buy the Bronco (since it hadn't been revealed there was a caveat there at the time), I have been super excited for it. My 1996 Bronco held a lot of sentimental value too, so the heritage actually mattered to me. Between the delays, the reneging, and now scheduling walk in constrained builds in front of reservation holders, Ford has managed to burn down all the excitement and good will I went into this with.

So yeah, maybe someday I'll buy a bronco, but for me it's more important at this stage to get back to wheeling, and go explore the mountains with the top down.

edit: spelling
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bifftws

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Z06 corvette, 2021 Ranger, BMW 328i manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd seen it in a post before, but experienced it for myself when calling customer service to see if I had a VIN and date. I was told by the rep that Ford is trying to fill all 2020 reservations by Q2 of this year (can't remember if this was a matter of getting a build date or an actual delivery). My question -if true, does this mean dealer allocations aren't going to play a part when trying to fill these?
This is a blatant lie. Ford has openly said they are restricting allocations to small volume dealers and will build and ship late reservation and/or dealer stock before filling allocations of all reservation holders. Search all the Granger Ford threads. There is a very thorough discussion of this.

I am a July 15th reservation holder and have been told i will not get my Bronco until December or even next year as a 2023 model. Ford customer service is full of shit and are telling people what they want to hear to avoid complaints and bad press.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Jeeps have a reputation for holding their value and from what I can see, it's true. While the Bronco is still my first choice, I'm super excited for my Sarge Green Willys to come home. I have 2 adult children that might be interested in the Jeep, plus two other relatives that expressed an interest when that decision has to be made. If I end up loving the Jeep and not readyto part withit, I'm sure that I won't loose money on the Bronco either. I estimate that I have about 2 years to think about it.
Gotcha. Jeeps may hold their value, but doesn't mean someone is going to recover their out the door price.

I have already lost so much waiting for this stupid bronco that to take another 10k hit to sell a holdover vehicle might push me over the edge.

My plan is to hold out for a bit longer to see if I get a VIN. Once I get my Bronco, I'll keep my Jeep while I make sure the Bronco isn't a lemon. Then, whatever year that turns out to be, I'll see which vehicle will result in the largest resale hit and go from there.

The only thing that hopefully is going to save my butt is that I should be able to sell the Bronco if needed, pretty close to my OTD price.

I know the better financial choice is the cancel the Bronco and just keep the jeep. But I have 560+ days invested (about the same in hours on this board) to toss in the towel... stubbornness is the only thing keeping me in this Bronco game.

GoneAndDusted

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a blatant lie. Ford has openly said they are restricting allocations to small volume dealers and will build and ship late reservation and/or dealer stock before filling allocations of all reservation holders. Search all the Granger Ford threads. There is a very thorough discussion of this.

I am a July 15th reservation holder and have been told i will not get my Bronco until December or even next year as a 2023 model. Ford customer service is full of shit and are telling people what they want to hear to avoid complaints and bad press.
I have a July 15 reservation at a small volume dealer. They didn't know how many allocations they were getting this year when I updated my order to a '22. I was expecting a '23 at the earliest with the allocation changes. Then I received an email Monday saying my Bronco was scheduled for next week, and window sticker showed up this morning with a blend date of 2/8. This is for a 2 door Badlands with both Lux and tow packages.

OP
OP
jnew71

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a July 15 reservation at a small volume dealer. They didn't know how many allocations they were getting this year when I updated my order to a '22. I was expecting a '23 at the earliest with the allocation changes. Then I received an email Monday saying my Bronco was scheduled for next week, and window sticker showed up this morning with a blend date of 2/8. This is for a 2 door Badlands with both Lux and tow packages.
Did you check for status over the last couple of weeks only to be told no and just now got it?

Sponsored

GoneAndDusted

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you check for status over the last couple of weeks only to be told no and just now got it?
No. Monday's email saying my Bronco was scheduled for next week was the first email I received from Ford since I updated my order to a '22 back in October.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gotcha. Jeeps may hold their value, but doesn't mean someone is going to recover their out the door price.

I have already lost so much waiting for this stupid bronco that to take another 10k hit to sell a holdover vehicle might push me over the edge.

My plan is to hold out for a bit longer to see if I get a VIN. Once I get my Bronco, I'll keep my Jeep while I make sure the Bronco isn't a lemon. Then, whatever year that turns out to be, I'll see which vehicle will result in the largest resale hit and go from there.

The only thing that hopefully is going to save my butt is that I should be able to sell the Bronco if needed, pretty close to my OTD price.

I know the better financial choice is the cancel the Bronco and just keep the jeep. But I have 560+ days invested (about the same in hours on this board) to toss in the towel... stubbornness is the only thing keeping me in this Bronco game.
I'm being forced to make a decision. I have a high mileage Expedition that is our weekend and out of state vacation vehicle. While it's been an extremely reliable vehicle, I simply can't take the chance of being stranded somewhere hours or days away from home. All options are in the table including dropping the Bronco order and coming back to it a few years down the road.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Who, why...have you been told you may not get yours until December or 2023? It sucks I know. 2 door here and still waiting.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

TO ADD TO THE DISCUSSION:
If us early reservation holders get pushed again to MY23.....and have to re-order again....ANY GUESSES WHETHER FORD WILL AGAIN OFFER US PRICE PROTECTION? Or...will cost of goods and inflation cause Ford to not do it?

Sponsored

Bifftws

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Who, why...have you been told you may not get yours until December or 2023? It sucks I know. 2 door here and still waiting.
Yes I talked with Hunter at Granger about 3 weeks ago when I switched colors. He basically said 50-50 on whether I have a bronco in my garage by December 31st. Last year before they started getting trucks in I was 175 out of 1000+ on their allocation list. There are 800 people behind me. Some will jump over me as I have a 2 door basesquatch with the 2.7, so 4 doors soft tops without constrainst will move ahead of me in line. Still Granger will probably get less than 200 broncos this year. They are currently only getting 10-15 in per month. Hopefully that will increase as the year goes on. But with the # of Broncos sitting on Ice Mountain waiting to be completed and shipped I would say that is highly unlikely they will get more in.

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't mind me, I'm here for the queuing. I already have vehicles that can do what the Bronco does, I'm actually enjoying the experience. I'll get a Bronco, or I will not, not a problem, no devastating life changes.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There Things:

1. You can get a hard top Bronco only slightly after a 2022 soft top Bronco order.

2. Up to about $900 in price protection.

3. Swag and maybe Ford points.

Bifftws

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Most small dealers probably have small reservation #s so reservations holder could be high on the list the get their builds. Small dealerships like Granger who have huge reservation #s but small allocations can't get trucks in and most of their reservation holders are screwed with Ford allocation policies for small dealers.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered a soft top no tow package Bronco Badlands the first week of 2022 and was given a scheduled build date three weeks later.

Even if Ford wanted to change back to reservations over allocation, commodity constraints will never allow it to happen.
Sponsored