Sponsored

Ford filling 2020 reservations - what does it mean?

GoneAndDusted

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most small dealers probably have small reservation #s so reservations holder could be high on the list the get their builds. Small dealerships like Granger who have huge reservation #s but small allocations can't get trucks in and most of their reservation holders are screwed with Ford allocation policies for small dealers.
I was 5 of 7 allocations in '21, and they received 3 Bronco's for '21. When I updated my order for '22, they had no idea how many allocations they were getting for '22.
Sponsored

rws

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GTI, 2018 Silverado 1500 LT Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

TO ADD TO THE DISCUSSION:
If us early reservation holders get pushed again to MY23.....and have to re-order again....ANY GUESSES WHETHER FORD WILL AGAIN OFFER US PRICE PROTECTION? Or...will cost of goods and inflation cause Ford to not do it?
If it gets to that point... I will be abandoning my hopes of owning a Bronco and move on, quite reluctantly for sure, but as others have said, life is too short and I've run out of "re-orders" that I'm willing to do. I'll choose another vehicle and move on, and yes every time I pass a Bronco on the road... a little bit of "wish that was me" will pop into my mind.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm being forced to make a decision. I have a high mileage Expedition that is our weekend and out of state vacation vehicle. While it's been an extremely reliable vehicle, I simply can't take the chance of being stranded somewhere hours or days away from home. All options are in the table including dropping the Bronco order and coming back to it a few years down the road.
Right there with ya. I can trick out my Wrangler, and even put a rebuilt engine in it and still be ahead of the game compared to the 60k price tag of the Bronco.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered a soft top no tow package Bronco Badlands the first week of 2022 and was given a scheduled build date three weeks later.

Even if Ford wanted to change back to reservations over allocation, commodity constraints will never allow it to happen.
I understand your point, but could still wish that they would use those limited commodities to build reservations orders before new dealer or walk-in orders; which according to a number of posts on this forum has not been the case.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have a July 15 reservation at a small volume dealer. They didn't know how many allocations they were getting this year when I updated my order to a '22. I was expecting a '23 at the earliest with the allocation changes. Then I received an email Monday saying my Bronco was scheduled for next week, and window sticker showed up this morning with a blend date of 2/8. This is for a 2 door Badlands with both Lux and tow packages.
You are lucky.
Sponsored