Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Q5, 2017 GTI, 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did they push you to the switch too?

As much as I’ve been 100% all in on the 2.3/7spd, I finally argued myself into a corner and decided to go 2.7/10 spd on my 2 dr BD. I love “rowing the boat”, it gives you a fee of being in control, holding a gear just a bit longer so you don’t have a lag, dropping that gear hammering up a steep climb, I love all of it, no issues dding a manual.

What got me was the stipulations and restrictions.
- no mid/manual without going BL
- 400 torque limit
- none of the perks (trail turn, trail control)
- no public track record yet for the 7 spd
I’m not looking to go nuts in the power department, but 310hp/400tq out of the box, with 375-400hp/450-500 tq easily attainable and well within factory parameters is impressive.
I was looking forward to the 95:1 crawl ratio, but 80:1 is still ahead of a similarly prepped JLR. I’ve never needed trail turn assist, particularly on a 2 door, but it’s one more trick to add to the arsenal. And let’s be honest, I’m getting old and brittle, heated seats and remote start are a necessity in Michigan at this point (still don’t have my heated wheel ?)

All of that pointed towards the 2.7/10 spd.
Anyone else end up getting duped or was it just me?
Get a sports car with a manual trams, drive it on the track. Lots of fun shifting, heel/toe down shifts and other fun stuff. Great fun, I recommend a Porsche.

A Bronco is not that!
Sponsored

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in the D.I./P.I. Engine with the Manual Group.....

I will not have a D.I. Only Engine, so FoMoCo will need to add P.I. to the 2.3L before it's even a consideration.

As to why it will have to be a Manual, well, that a Very Personal & Sentimental thing that involves my youngest son, whom I lost several years ago.

I understand and accept that I may never get a Bronco, as FoMoCo may never offer one a configuration that is acceptable to me. Time will tell.

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Never wanted the manual. Been there done that, don't want to anymore.

BernR6

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mazda CX-5, 2018 Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Excellent, one less GenXer or Millennial that can't steal my Bronco...
GenXer here...I take offense. lol. I'm 42 and the tail end of GenX. Driving manual cars for 25 years. I think it's more the Millennial generation that didn't learn stick. That is all.

Sponsored

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am a GenXer and learned to drive stick on a 1974 Bug and a 1974 Dodge Ram, 3 on the tree, before I was 17 years old. (in 1986) We were poor and my dad bought $500 vehicles any chance he could get and then try and keep them running. I also didn't have much money 8 years ago and standard trans were cheaper. Nobody wanted them. My daughter drove nothing but stick from the age of 16 to 20. My daughter then taught her younger brother how to drive stick.

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
GenXer here... I've only owned one automatic transmission for myself, and that was enough. My wife only drives auto, so I can experience that driving thrill just about anytime I want. That's usually only when she's parked behind me in the driveway.

For me... manual only. I would have preferred more mid/high level options for manual, but since this could likely be my last new manual option purchase I'm going BL High or Lux.
I actually had an FE reservation on the first night, but cancelled and switched to BL as soon as I realized FE was auto only. And as it turns out the BL had everything I wanted from the Squatch package... I don't need or really want 35's.

Bummed that I can't get the V6, but if there wasn't a manual in the Bronco, I'd have a manual Taco TRD Sport Access Cab on order right now. And the V6 Taco has less torque and only 8 more hp than the EcoBoost 2.3L.

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Been watching "The Road Chose Me" channel on youtube. That guy has a lot of really good insights on overlanding. He just did a video on manual vs auto transmission. Based on that if I was traveling to exotic locations a manual would be a must as it is more repairable. I am not doing that though, so am going with the 2.7 automatic. If I was overlanding it would be the 2.3 manual.

UGABronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CT6, Cadillac CTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Im still battling. Part of me thinks that the way things are going, I might as well wait for the 22 Manual Sasquatch. And then the old, soft part of me thinks I should just get an OBX Sasquatch with that blue leather I like and spring for the V6. I go back and forth. Manual tranny with front and rear lockers on 35s is just so badass and what really initially sparked my interest in the Bronco. But the looks of the Bronco were also a big factor. uggh
Somebody please tell me that at 63 I'm not the very oldest person wanting a Bronco. Surely there's someone, somewhere older?

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Somebody please tell me that at 63 I'm not the very oldest person wanting a Bronco. Surely there's someone, somewhere older?
66 here and yes, I am getting a Bronco. When you're this old and moldy you have bigger balls to try the more challenging trails. I mean, we're closer to dying anyway, why not go with a smile on your face! ;) "Life's a bitch, then you die".

Sponsored

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Learned to drive a manual on a '49 Ferguson tractor, a '56 Ford F-500 and a '73 Chevy truck with a 3 on the tree. The '73 Chevy was by far the worst to drive of the three! I'd swear they just used a left over suspension spring for the clutch pedal in that thing.

Getting the A10 as I want the 2.7. Shoulder shot anyway, so rowing through gears probably isn't the best thing these days. I did have a manual rental in the UK last year, it was a bit of a trip shifting with the left hand, but got used to it suprisingly fast. That hard part was all those cars driving on the wrong side of the road :eek:

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
learned to drive a stick in a 1994 Z28, 6 speed in 1995...and why would I need to steal yours? I'll just drive mine lol.

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think the 2dr 2.7 will RIP and totally makeup for the manual experience, but then I get concerned with fuel capacity....
That’s the one hope I have, especially after a tune. That thing should be evil.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like someone is bitter that their parents didn't teach them to drive a manual transmission.
wrong, see my previous post.
Sponsored