Ford finally got me....

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So has anyone's opinion changed now that the 2.7L/Auto upgrade is $3500?
Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford Bronco Ford finally got me.... giphy

Yep, see my post above.
Got it. Yeah I'm back to the 2.3L/MT I think. I was going base 4dr, but now the difference in price is only $1100 between the base and BB if I get the MT. I'm not worried about DI 4cyl though - I just passed 100k miles on my Mazda6 with no issues. Run a catch can and use good full-synthetic oil. Should be good to go.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Got it. Yeah I'm back to the 2.3L/MT I think. I was going base 4dr, but now the difference in price is only $1100 between the base and BB if I get the MT. I'm not worried about DI 4cyl though - I just passed 100k miles on my Mazda6 with no issues. Run a catch can and use good full-synthetic oil. Should be good to go.
Thanks for the feedback on the catch can/good full synthetic oil. I was one that got scared off by the 2.3L catch can discussion + pairing that with a brand new never used manual tranny, I figured why not upgrade to the 2.7L for $1895? Well, that's changed, so now I'm back thinking longer extended warranty to ease my concerns with the manual. My preference from the beginning was manual, so I guess I'm back home. LOL

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the feedback on the catch can/good full synthetic oil. I was one that got scared off by the 2.3L catch can discussion + pairing that with a brand new never used manual tranny, I figured why not upgrade to the 2.7L for $1895? Well, that's changed, so now I'm back thinking longer extended warranty to ease my concerns with the manual. My preference from the beginning was manual, so I guess I'm back home. LOL
This is what happens when I venture away from my safe space. The universe goes off it’s axis and auto transmissions are being charged full price. I apologize. I’m going back to playing with my stick.
Ford Bronco Ford finally got me.... 1608675573471

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Heated seats are “Godsend” to us mere mortals. Imagine on a late fall or early spring chilly morning, cruising around heat blasting and seats set on high with no top and no doors.
Ford Bronco Ford finally got me.... 1608675808414

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Welcome Back Home! :cool:

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Heated seats are “Godsend” to us mere mortals. Imagine on a late fall or early spring chilly morning, cruising around heat blasting and seats set on high with no top and no doors.
Not flaming...

But have you ever owned a convertible automobile? I have two right now in my fleet, a BMW Z3 without heated seats and a BMW E46 with heated seats. I also have a Z4 Coupe with heated seats. For 14 years I had a Jeep Wrangler soft top base model without heated seats. And just to add more credentials, I'm a life-long motorcyclist since the age of 13 and rode my dirt bike for hours in the snow around our neighborhood and rode to the University of Maryland year round on my Seca 650, because parking sucks at the U of M College Park Campus. Finally, my genetics are that of a Norseman, being I'm of mostly Irish ancestry. Boil all that down to, I'm pretty much able to ignore cold and I've driven thousands of combined miles in open vehicles.

If you are out on a chilly autumn day in a Bronco with the tops and doors off, heated seats are really just not going to help much. The air turbulence is going to pull more heat from your body (and from the seats themselves) than can be added by the heating elements. You'd be much better off using a heated vest designed for motorcyclists. Or better, heated clothing, like a Milwaukee M12 heated jacket. The best cure I've experienced for driving open top in cool or cold weather was when I added the factory wind blocker to my E46 this past Fall. The change was so dramatic that I was able to drive in low 50-degree temps for over an hour, and did not have to use the seat heaters at all, just the HVAC system was all that was needed.

A fully open Bronco on a cool day of 55 to 65 degrees is going to be a turbulent and cold experience where heated seats are not going to help keep you warm. I've been caught in the summer in my Jeep with the doors and top off in the evening and night in high 60's low 70's temps wearing summer clothing and it was cold and uncomfortable for any drive times over 15 minutes. Heated seats are great, but they are not a Godsend.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for your honesty about occasional distraction that is what scares me when im at a light on my cycle ,and i dont scare easy!
No joke, you sit at a light, even on a big machine, and your can mirror watch the mouth breathing cage operators look down at their phone and once you are out of their direct line of sight, they forget about you and rely on peripheral vision which misses a rider. Invariably they will roll forward to close a non-existent gap by letting up on the brake. I am afraid to honk or twirl the twin up to get their attention as they are half likely to just jump and hit you harder. It is twenty times as bad with getting forced out of a lane from 30 years ago with cell phones distracting people. Ipod radios and screens make it worse.
A lot of people don't drive any more, they no longer practice good habits because they don't have to do so with the Nanny's and safety stuff that will protect them instead of others. So they drive, but they don't 'drive', no mental engagement

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
No joke, you sit at a light, even on a big machine, and your can mirror watch the mouth breathing cage operators look down at their phone and once you are out of their direct line of sight, they forget about you and rely on peripheral vision which misses a rider. Invariably they will roll forward to close a non-existent gap by letting up on the brake. I am afraid to honk or twirl the twin up to get their attention as they are half likely to just jump and hit you harder. It is twenty times as bad with getting forced out of a lane from 30 years ago with cell phones distracting people. Ipod radios and screens make it worse.
A lot of people don't drive any more, they no longer practice good habits because they don't have to do so with the Nanny's and safety stuff that will protect them instead of others. So they drive, but they don't 'drive', no mental engagement
Very well said.

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Gives the "Watch Out For The Other Guy" slogan even more relevance and importance now - and whether I am on my Harley or in my Jeep I am always always watching out for the other guy/gal and way too often having to make extreme evasive moves to prevent getting hit
Sponsored