Sponsored

Ford Financing rates - anyone know what Ford's current APR is for Tier 1 credit?

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably a dumb question, but what it top tier credit? I have some student loans, but other than that, no debt and cards are always paid off. Credit Score is roughly 718 and plan to put a little over half down. Not sure what the ball park APR will be
Sponsored

TravisD

Wildtrak
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
basic question but is there any benefit to taking a loan with Ford MC or other through the dealer? Like, will they give you a better deal on a trade in or throw in some parts? PenFed does have some great rates but its easy to move the loan if taking the dealer setup gets an advantage.

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well whatever it was it saved me a ton
I'm sure it did. My point was VW didn't offer YOU that rate, that was the "rebate" of the month for that vehicle. Going around telling others that manufacturer rates are great when the rate was subsidized is not telling the full story. MNFR rates actually suck in general. And for what it's worth, a lot of times MNFRs offer you either a great rate or a rebate, and which one saves you more really depends on a lot of factors.

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As several have said, you probably just need the mere threat of a 1.99% from somewhere/anywhere and your dealer will be able to get there. Also, I agree with James, don't haggle over a tenth of a percent. If that matters then you have bigger issues to tell your therapist about.

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Probably a dumb question, but what it top tier credit? I have some student loans, but other than that, no debt and cards are always paid off. Credit Score is roughly 718 and plan to put a little over half down. Not sure what the ball park APR will be
all depends on which bureau any particular institution uses. if you've ran your 3 bureaus and your lowest score is a 718, you're in decent shape and probably eligible for the best rates in most places. But every bank is different so generally top tier for auto loans (meaning no matter where you go you're never not getting the best offer) is about 740. Anything over that is just gravy for automotive purposes.

Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is a good score and if you are putting half down and can't get a rate of 1.99 or better then I would be shocked.

Kekov721

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just got an Explorer for my wife a month or so ago. The finance guy at Ford advised if you have good credit it is going to be better to go through the connections they have with local banks vs Ford financing, which was exactly the case.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm sure it did. My point was VW didn't offer YOU that rate, that was the "rebate" of the month for that vehicle. Going around telling others that manufacturer rates are great when the rate was subsidized is not telling the full story. MNFR rates actually suck in general. And for what it's worth, a lot of times MNFRs offer you either a great rate or a rebate, and which one saves you more really depends on a lot of factors.
Thank you for your insight I did not know that

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

basic question but is there any benefit to taking a loan with Ford MC or other through the dealer? Like, will they give you a better deal on a trade in or throw in some parts? PenFed does have some great rates but its easy to move the loan if taking the dealer setup gets an advantage.
trade deal is based on dealer, not financier, so no, a financier will not offer you anything other than a rate.

Now, a dealer might offer you some stuff for going with one place over another, but that's because they are boosting the bank offered rate and making money on the back end, of which they might be willing to offer you some of it to compensate.

Dealers boost every bank offered rate they can. It's one of the ways they make money (including but not limited to: gross profit and holdback payments [front end], protection, warranty, and boosted interest rates [back end], advertising budgets from manufacturers [hidden] and screwing their salesmen out of commision [PAC] and making you pay for their support staff [doc fee])

The duration of your loan determines how much they are legally allowed to add to the rate, it's one of many reasons why dealers are pushing longer and longer terms.

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does anyone know what Ford's current APR is for Tier 1 credit 60 and 72 months? My credit union (Penfed) is currently offering 1.99% (60mo) and 2.39% (72mo). I know rates can change, but that doesn't happen too frequently.
My local credit union was also offering 1.99% for 60 months (would have been 1.74% had I also opened a credit card), my dealer Town & Country in Charlotte was able to offer 1.84% yesterday for 60, 66, or 72 months. Ended up going with the dealer credit for ease of process and the fact that I don't need another credit card.

Sponsored

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A hefty down payment or trade can/will result in a tier bump or discount on LTV. Depends on the lender.

Squatchn'

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BaseSquatch, 2021 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just bought a new Explorer two weeks ago for my wife and I got 1.9% for 60 months through Ford.

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Check USAA. They are offering me 1.89% for 60 months, 2.29% at 72 months.

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Purchased my wife a Bronco Sport, with Ford credit, 0% interest for 48 months.

OP
OP
MorgansRun

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks