Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It appears you haven’t bought a Bronco….don’t, you’ll regret it
edit: we have plenty of whiners on here anyway.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Canadian5.0

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Haven’t been able to commit my hard earned dollars to a bronco so far , 2013 f150 5.0 , best truck I’ve ever had , Seen many new broncos on dealer lots and the sub par workmanship and quality is a head shaker , Unless ford gets back to what I believe was good quality vehicles I’ll stray to Toyota in a couple years .My 2017 mustang Gt and 2018 mustang Gt weren’t much better than what is being produced now , Definitely won’t be owning a Covid era built car , patience is a virtue

usarms

Big Bend
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford quality issues? BS. I have had a bunch of Fords and a new Bronco and they are generally heads above the pack. EVERY new car has issues especially a brand new one. If you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen!
So....If you're unhappy with your Bronco go trade it on something without recalls or issues. Good Friggin' Luck.

173,000-Plus Audi, Bentley Vehicles Recalled for Faulty Rearview Display, 74,000 Audi and VW SUVs Recalled for Damaged Engine Bearings, Nearly Every Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4xe PHEV Recalled for Overheating Battery Pack , 71,700 Kia Sportages Recalled Over Fire Risk, Another ‘Dai, Another Fire: 44,000 Hyundai Santa Fe Sports Recalled for Engine Fire Risk, Nearly 225,000 Volkswagen, Audi Vehicles Recalled Over Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Dodge Recalls 83,500 Journeys Over Dim Side Reflectors and the list goes on and on and on...

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dealer replaced mine for the same failure.
Yep, same for me. Happened this past summer at the dealership during an oil change. Warranty replacement

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
First I have heard of this one. I live in very hot climate with very hot sun. Bronco is garaged but out in the mostly 90 degree plus heat when I drive it. And the sun is brutal here in FL. No issues so far but will for sure watch out for it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

First I have heard of this one. I live in very hot climate with very hot sun. Bronco is garaged but out in the mostly 90 degree plus heat when I drive it. And the sun is brutal here in FL. No issues so far but will for sure watch out for it.
Me neither .... didn't have an issue until this happened and Arizona has pretty brutal sun too but today was close to being COLD!!

Then you read the threads @Dubsed and @Herbie posted earlier and you realize holy crap this plastic couldn't have been any cheaper!

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It makes me laugh when people say 90 plus degrees is "very hot." Come to Arizona and let me know how 122 degrees feels. 🤣

Last edited:

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford quality issues? BS. I have had a bunch of Fords and a new Bronco and they are generally heads above the pack. EVERY new car has issues especially a brand new one. If you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen!
So....If you're unhappy with your Bronco go trade it on something without recalls or issues. Good Friggin' Luck.

173,000-Plus Audi, Bentley Vehicles Recalled for Faulty Rearview Display, 74,000 Audi and VW SUVs Recalled for Damaged Engine Bearings, Nearly Every Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4xe PHEV Recalled for Overheating Battery Pack , 71,700 Kia Sportages Recalled Over Fire Risk, Another ‘Dai, Another Fire: 44,000 Hyundai Santa Fe Sports Recalled for Engine Fire Risk, Nearly 225,000 Volkswagen, Audi Vehicles Recalled Over Tire Pressure Monitoring System, Dodge Recalls 83,500 Journeys Over Dim Side Reflectors and the list goes on and on and on...
This is just disingenuous. Yes, many manufacturers have recalls and issues due to compromises in design, quality, or supplier selection, but that doesn't mean consumers should have to continue to bear the brunt of it, especially when Ford is making a killing on these vehicles. I just got my Wildtrak, but the windows are completely out of adjustment, and I have to mess with them about half the time to get them to go up, the interior plastics are pure shit, the speakers are hilariously bad, and it makes a ton of body noise when going over bumps with the Bestop on. I paid a $700 premium for the Bestop when ordering through Ford, and I didn't even get the luxury of a dealer installation.

My 2016 Mustang GT Premium has had two AC compressors, two AC condensers, two AC evaporators, a driveshaft, complete rear diff, headliner, door trim, HVAC blower unit/controller, APIM, plus the rear view camera recall (which still isn't fixed, although Ford announced the recall campaign a YEAR ago - it sits at the dealership waiting for parts and I have to go get it today because it's going to be cold tonight), and the driver's side valve cover has leaked off and on for five years, which the dealer has attempted to fix four times, under warranty. I'm going to end up fixing that by installing aluminum valve covers from the GT500, at my own expense.

It makes me laugh when people say 90 plus degrees is "very hot." Come to Arizona and let me know how 122 degrees feels. 🤣
But it's a dry heat! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

JR

Name

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a Bronco on order and have been shying away from LR in general because of reliability questions. But with the mounting Bronco problems I'm second-guessing that. I have no doubt the money spent on a Defender would provide quality materials at the very least.

Sponsored

330SMG

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 ,89 325i and 72 Dodge Charger SE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yup, I love my Bronco but I've never seen a vehicle thats above $50k with so much cheap, thin plastic on both interior and exterior.
Go look at a 3 series BMW the interiors are cheap plastics and faux wood. Most vehicles are made this way today.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I opened the hood today and changed my oil .... 1/2 hr later i go to close it and noticed it was binding on something ..... so this happened!!!

20221116_D1.jpg

20221116_d2.jpg

20221116_D3.jpg

can anyone help finding the p/n for this plastic crap??
I had this piece replaced by my dealer for a fitment issue and it did the trick. It takes them about 20 minutes you can just wait for it. I didn't have the problem of it catching on the hood however, and it looks like there is plenty of clearance. They don't seem to have any issue ordering the part, mine came in about a week.

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Mine has a torn front axle boot, from the fctory......makes me wonder. I think I'll spring for the extended warranty for the first time in my life......

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL! Ford is the king of recalls, more than any other manufacturer in '22. There is no excuse for the poor assembly. Covid is just the excuse they keep using which is BS.

soupcansam

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have a Bronco on order and have been shying away from LR in general because of reliability questions. But with the mounting Bronco problems I'm second-guessing that. I have no doubt the money spent on a Defender would provide quality materials at the very least.
I think it's important there to differentiate between quality and reliability. When I think quality issues, I think what OP posted about the bent plastic and "cheapness" of materials. Stuff that shouldn't happen, but can be easily fixed and replaced.

When I think reliability, I think engine and powertrain stuff and how long that lasts.

When you think of it like that, I think it depends on the version of LR you want to get. To me, the base Defenders are no where near the value of, say, a Black Diamond. Because, while the Black diamond has cheap materials, its still around the average price of a new vehicle (last I checked) while the defender is 10k or so more.

But if you're getting up into the 60-70k range for a Bronco, it might be worth considering a defender at that point. Because quality wise, you're going to get more luxury in a defender, but it may be a toss up between reliability of the defender and the bronco (just because neither have been around long enough to really know that for sure).

In general, my preference is to always stay away from LRs just because of their history and reputation of unreliability. The new defender might be amazing and could end up being super reliable, but company perception still matters in that price range.

If you want an offroad capable vehicle at that price point, I'd say a Lexus GX would be better in terms of quality and reliability. Especially since it has the V8 and the land cruiser 4WD system. And, since 2022, the infortainment had a massive upgrade.
Sponsored