First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a Bronco on order and have been shying away from LR in general because of reliability questions. But with the mounting Bronco problems I'm second-guessing that. I have no doubt the money spent on a Defender would provide quality materials at the very least.
The Bronco is a great vehicle overall, I've had zero issues the first 7 months of daily stop & go city driving. I had it in for the windshield sealant recall, and at the time they replaced the cowl trim piece shown in this thread. What vehicle doesn't have cheap plastic on it? I was involved in a mishap at an automatic car wash a few days ago, forgot to put my Mazda6 (Ford product actually) in neutral and hit the Audi in front. My Mazda had zero damage not even a mark, but I had to make an insurance claim for the Audi because the cheap ass plastic front fascia was damaged. My Mazda is plastic too of course, but it survived and the Audi's didn't. Expensive European cars give you more luxury if that is what you are looking for, otherwise its the same construction and plenty of plastic! The Bronco like any vehicle with a removable roof has unique challenges and there are compromises compared to a fixed roof. Could it be better, sure, but after 7 months it still makes me smile when I get in and hit the start button. The other day I was behind a Porsche Cayenne. It crossed my mind, would I trade for that $80,000 jelly bean? No way!!! and I drive just a lowly Base model.
Sponsored

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
LOL! Ford is the king of recalls, more than any other manufacturer in '22. There is no excuse for the poor assembly. Covid is just the excuse they keep using which is BS.

Some of the best vehicles have had plenty of recalls. The only recall on my 22 so far has been the windshield sealant, big deal I guess it gives the haters something to complain about. Covid is blamed for supply chain issues, who is blaming it for recalls some joker on the Internet? I haven't heard any official communication from Ford blaming recalls on Covid.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Now you have Ram-Air induction!!

Seriously, WTF...

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I probably played my violin too much. But I got my Bronco and had check engine light right off dealer lot. Waiting on new turbo now. Not a good impression for being a first time Ford customer.

usarms

Big Bend
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have had a bunch of Fords. I had a Mustang GT that I put 69K on in 15 months and never changed the oil. Drove the piss out of it and the only thing that broke was a power door lock motor. My Focus I used as a truck. I put so much ammo in the back that the front wheels would spin. Basically drove it with amost no maintenance. At over 100K I gave it to my niece and she drive it thru college. Same thing. I've had my Bronco since last December and love it. I recently had it in for service. The only issues were the common mirror issue and the window rattle at half mast. Warranty covered both. I have had over 50 cars registered to me personally and driven literally 100s of cars I used as demos as the buyer and used car manager for a 3 manufacturer dealer group. Almost 40 years. LR were one of the makes we would not retail as used cars because of the cost to get them ready and after sale issues. Yep, I had those for demos too. Nice to ride in but I wouldn't buy one. I hear a lot about "quality" of the Bronco. Most of the things complained about are just BS. I don't like the plastic, no rear seat adjustment, tires pick up too many rocks, should have heated steering wheel std etc, etc. If you don't like it why did you buy it? Did the dealer hold you down at gun point? It's not a Mercedes, a BMW, a LR, a Lexus or thank goodness not a Dodge or Chevy. If you didn't get it yet why don't you cancel the order? If you're not aware that the dash and door panels are plastic you must live in friggin' cave. I've said this before and I'll say it again you couldn't give me the Bronco's main competitor Jeep Wrangler. After three of them I can testify they are nothing but crap. Go ahead, buy a LR or a Wrangler and let me know how that works out for you... Those of you that think $50K is a lot of money just look around. $50K may seem like a lot to you but it's not. Everything in that price range also is plastic inside too. I have an Aston Martin and there is no plastic inside and it has everything you can dream up in a car. Even the kick panels are cover in leather as well as the entire dashboard and seats. I could but three Bronco First Editions for the same price. The Bronco is a good deal for what they offer in that segment.

Last edited:

Sponsored

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have had a bunch of Fords. I had a Mustang GT that I put 69K on in 15 months and never changed the oil. Drove the piss out of it and the only thing that broke was a power door lock motor. My Focus I used as a truck. I put so much ammo in the back that the front wheels would spin. Basically drove it with amost no maintenance. At over 100K I gave it to my niece and she drive it thru college. Same thing. I've had my Bronco since last December and love it. I recently had it in for service. The only issues were the common mirror issue and the window rattle at half mast. Warranty covered both. I have had over 50 cars registered to me personally and driven literally 100s of cars I used as demos as the buyer and used car manager for a 3 manufacturer dealer group. Almost 40 years. LR were one of the makes we would not retail as used cars because of the cost to get them ready and after sale issues. Yep, I had those for demos too. Nice to ride in but I wouldn't buy one. I hear a lot about "quality" of the Bronco. Most of the things complained about are just BS. I don't like the plastic, no rear seat adjustment, tires pick up too many rocks, should have heated steering wheel std etc, etc. If you don't like it why did you buy it? Did the dealer hold you down at gun point? It's not a Mercedes, a BMW, a LR, a Lexus or thank goodness not a Dodge or Chevy. If you didn't get it yet why don't you cancel the order? If you're not aware that the dash and door panels are plastic you must live in friggin' cave. I've said this before and I'll say it again you couldn't give me the Bronco's main competitor Jeep Wrangler. After three of them I can testify they are nothing but crap. Go ahead, buy a LR or a Wrangler and let me know how that works out for you... Those of you that think $50K is a lot of money just look around. $50K may seem like a lot to you but it's not. Everything in that price range also is plastic inside too. I have an Aston Martin and there is no plastic inside and it has everything you can dream up in a car. Even the kick panels are cover in leather as well as the entire dashboard and seats. I could but three Bronco First Editions for the same price. The Bronco is a good deal for what they offer in that segment.
This wreaks of "my opinion is superior to everyone else"

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have had issues with Fords- seems more than with other brands. It's the luck of the draw though- that you could get a bad one or one with a defect or two. My current Bronco with defective driveshaft and the windshield recall. I had 2 Ford Pick ups way back with tranny issues- mainly excessive back lash. And my latest 2018 Mustang GT had the "piston rattle" and oil consumption- that the dealer brushed off as the "normal" tick noise covered with a bulletin. And a 2016 Camaro with the bad 8 speed automatic had a horrendous shuddering and slipping condition where the tach would go up and down with the tranny slipping in 8th gear. At least GM tried to fix it with a new torque converter but it spent more time in the shop than I drove it, until I got sick of it and traded it in. I also had a bad shock in a Dodge, loose bolts in a few others but that was small stuff.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a Bronco on order and have been shying away from LR in general because of reliability questions. But with the mounting Bronco problems I'm second-guessing that. I have no doubt the money spent on a Defender would provide quality materials at the very least.
A Defender? and your concern is reliability? lol.

usarms

Big Bend
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This wreaks of "my opinion is superior to everyone else"
I think I just may have more experience than many so take it as you will. I ahve also worked in every department in a car dealership so I do know what I am talking about not just blowing smoke.

Sponsored

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think I just may have more experience than many so take it as you will. I ahve also worked in every department in a car dealership so I do know what I am talking about not just blowing smoke.
It's okay to be a Ford fanboy and also be critical of the brand and models when they fall short of expectations. The Bronco far exceeds expectations in some areas but also comes up woefully short in others.

There is no debate - the plastic cowl is complete trash and Ford should have done better. Your experience does not alter that fact.

cyoungk

Big Bend
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
really makes me wonder how some of you guys gauge "quality" in cars.

I love my Bronco but I would never say this is a high quality, reliable vehicle by any means lol. The materials are cheap which I'm ok with since I can beat it up, replace it, etc... but to try to delude yourself into thinking this is a quality, reliable car made with high quality materials is pretty laughable.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

really makes me wonder how some of you guys gauge "quality" in cars.

I love my Bronco but I would never say this is a high quality, reliable vehicle by any means lol. The materials are cheap which I'm ok with since I can beat it up, replace it, etc... but to try to delude yourself into thinking this is a quality, reliable car made with high quality materials is pretty laughable.
This is the only correct opinion.

cyoungk

Big Bend
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is the only correct opinion.
I've driven a Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Toyota and Tesla... I'd say build quality and material quality is subpar all of those with my Bronco. AND THATS OK. I didn't buy a Bronco for its top notch leather seats, I bought it because I want to throw my shit around, bump it around, replace parts, customize it, and have fun with it.

OP
OP
buzpro

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Went to the dealer today and had the part ordered .... covered by warranty .... thanks to all who armed me with the right information to approach the dealer.

Part will be here in a week. Thank you for all your input, even the homers.

My ONLY gripe is that just like many other threads on this forum, some opinions tend to direct the discussion side ways and into other areas. If everyone tries to stay on topic these threads can be shorter and more informative than argumentative. Just mi dos centos.
Sponsored