Name

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A Defender? and your concern is reliability? lol.
Absolutely. I'm calling into doubt the assumption made by many that Bronco reliability > Defender reliability. Time will tell, but I have not heard of snapped tie rods, dropped valves, recalled roofs, melting cowl panels, etc. on Defenders. As of now, Defender has fewer recalls, so there's that.

And I do equate reliability with the issue the OP raised here. Being able to open and close a hood without ripping off other parts or cracking the windshield is a reliability problem, not just a cheesy plastic trim problem.
Sponsored

604BroncoWild

Wildtrak
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Aha. That explains why mine was like that when I picked up my Bronco from the dealership. Thought it was odd for transport damage to look like that.

Dealership warrantied but then took 2 months for them to get the part.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Absolutely. I'm calling into doubt the assumption made by many that Bronco reliability > Defender reliability. Time will tell, but I have not heard of snapped tie rods, dropped valves, recalled roofs, melting cowl panels, etc. on Defenders. As of now, Defender has fewer recalls, so there's that.

And I do equate reliability with the issue the OP raised here. Being able to open and close a hood without ripping off other parts or cracking the windshield is a reliability problem, not just a cheesy plastic trim problem.
My brother owned a Defender in Dubai and it was a nightmare. It had electrical gremlins and the transmission took a dump shortly after he bought it. Now I will admit it was a used one but still. I also think TFL had one and it ended up in the shop after just 100 miles.

Defenders do look great and I've seen some amazing looking setups but I trust them less than Ford and that's not saying much, lol.

Sponsored

lr48

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 1200
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I opened the hood today and changed my oil .... 1/2 hr later i go to close it and noticed it was binding on something ..... so this happened!!!

Ford Bronco Ford Friggin' Quality IMG_5741

can anyone help finding the p/n for this plastic crap??
I had the exact same thing happen on my Wildtrak the day after I got it from the factory. The dealer warrantied it and replaced everything, no more issues,

GT500

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
really makes me wonder how some of you guys gauge "quality" in cars.

I love my Bronco but I would never say this is a high quality, reliable vehicle by any means lol. The materials are cheap which I'm ok with since I can beat it up, replace it, etc... but to try to delude yourself into thinking this is a quality, reliable car made with high quality materials is pretty laughable.
My expectations aren't unreasonable, but when it won't start it hits rock bottom. Looking at about a $10k loss to trade it for something else after 7,000 miles.

pr0b

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I opened the hood today and changed my oil .... 1/2 hr later i go to close it and noticed it was binding on something ..... so this happened!!!

can anyone help finding the p/n for this plastic crap??
I had the same problem. Dealership replaced it under warranty
Sponsored