Sponsored

Ford + Google = No Thank You. Ford Navigation to be Powered by Android Starting 2023

TXNavy

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon XLT 1500 4x4, Jeep Liberty Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just going to leave this right here if you haven't seen it.

Sponsored

Misterbear

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Black Diamond, Jeep Wrangler X
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does anyone know if the Bronco has a sim card? Hopefully not, some vehicles do. I'm one of those that has stopped pairing my phone with my vehicle. As long as the Bronco doesn't have its own sim card, and you don't pair your phone with your Bronco, Google nor Ford shouldn't have access to any vehicle data, at least not until you bring your Bronco in to a dealer, correct me if I'm mistaken.
eSim. That's how you get Connected Navigation and 4G/LTE hot spots by subscription and free trials. Fortunately, this monstrosity isn't due until the 2023 model year unless they force a software update on the previous years, but that's not likely. Technology changes rapidly enough that they may need new hardware to implement the unholy union.

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think a lot of people will live to greatly regret the amount of data that is collected on them. The data can be used for many purposes not in a person's interest. Why didn't you get that vehicle/ business/ house loan? Why didn't you get that job? Maybe your choices in vehicles, forums, vacations, politics, residences, etc. didn't match up with what that bank or company believes. The credit rating companies are just the tip of it. Theres a lot of rigging in just about every part of our society. Making more data available about you that you dont control can harm and you'd never know the real reason. Doesn't matter if its unfair, improper, or illegal, it's already happening. I'll never believe in just resigning to it and giving up. Btw this isn't a dystopian view, I'm fairly sucessful and optimistic about the future, but I believe in trying to be aware of things that can trip a person up unecessarily and avoid those. There are many ways to minimize the personal data that's collected on you.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don’t want any of their services, that’s the point. I don’t shop at Sephora because I’m a dude and I don’t use Facebook because I’m under 50 years old. I similarly don’t use google because the alternatives are better.
DDG for the win!

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't have a Google account, and never have. (I hate Google) There are digital footprint scrubbing services that will help remove your data from a lot of places. If you want to see how deep your net presence is google your name, mine doesn't come up at all, but my wife's (she surf's a lot, and doesn't opt out) sure does. I am very computer literate, I built IT systems and programmed them for years as a side business. I use a VPN on both my home system and cell phone to kill tracking bots and change my IP address, and mask my Browser by encrypting its SNI as well as its DNS transport signature. These are common sense measures you can take to insure you are not being tracked or followed. Am I paranoid? no, but I value my privacy, and do what I can to secure it as much as I can and still enjoy the tech.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RedHotFuzz

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think a lot of people will live to greatly regret the amount of data that is collected on them. The data can be used for many purposes not in a person's interest. Why didn't you get that vehicle/ business/ house loan? Why didn't you get that job?
We're already seeing that in our society, and it's terrifying. How many people are being fired for their political and/or religious beliefs? Or denied financing? Or seeing their businesses destroyed? Or are harassed, threatened, attacked by the public at large? Imagine if/when a company like Google or Facebook decides to start forcing their own ideology on the masses? Where your fate is left to a single mouse click "Yea/Nay" from some ideologue on a coastal tech campus? Where the CEOs don't dare enforce a doctrine of fairness for fear of their activist employees rising up against them?

In the early days of Google, I was a huge fan. After seeing what they've become, I've become the opposite. We are far too willing to let our every move be tracked and assessed by Big Tech for "free services."

I'm not in favor of any of these profit-via-data companies being systemically embedded in the vehicles I drive. I see Ford forming an exclusive partnership with Google to be a big mistake. Both for Ford and for its customers. What's next, Facebook-powered Chevrolets?

Misterbear

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Black Diamond, Jeep Wrangler X
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It won't matter if you have a Google account. You'll want to be very aware of what's in the user agreement. The stereo has always connected capability even if your not subscribing to use it. You want to link your phone and everything on it to the Google data scraper? They have no reputation for using your information honestly or ethically. Don't think others won't figure out how to hack into this. Did you read about how they hacked a Tesla? In fact you will already be driving around a non-secure data scraper before Google gets their hands on it in 2023.

WadeWolf76

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Wrangler JK Willy's, 67 Ford Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Wow.. this thread is amazing.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
why does this matter when most peeps use apple carplay anyway?

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm wondering what people are doing that they feel such a need to hide theirs tracks? :unsure:
It's less about hiding my tracks as opposed to giving my information away to a corporation for nothing in return.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I could spend hours complaining about how terrible Google Maps on Android Auto is.

Honestly I'm not excited for this -- all I can think of are the DOUBLE DIN 6.8" TOUCHSCREEN STEREO ANDROID 6.0 MP3 WMA FLAC EBOOK L@@K **FREE SHIPPING**US WAREHOUSE** garbage you'd find on eBay.

Every few years, Ford chooses a new core for Sync. Microsoft, Blackberry(ish), and now cost-effective Android.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Could not care less. What are they going to do? Laugh at me for making to many stops at the strip club?
Sponsored