Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dream build from what I’ve been given is a BD Sasquatch V6.
But wife wants the 12 inch screen and some tech. I would love to have heated seats, heated steering wheel , and remote start as one package.
To get a “cold weather package” you have to get lux. Which means you have to go badlands.
And spend thousands on other stuff I don’t want.
It’s unfortunate, but business as usual by ford. I guess. I’m buying a bronco no matter what. But I wish I wouldn’t get killed for what I want
Sponsored

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But wife wants the 12 inch screen and some tech. I would love to have heated seats, heated steering wheel , and remote start as one package.
To get a “cold weather package” you have to get lux. Which means you have to go badlands.
It’s unfortunate, but business as usual by ford. I guess. I’m buying a bronco no matter what. But I wish I wouldn’t get killed for what I want
Sounds like your getting the BL w/ the lux package then. Have to keep wifey happy

OP
OP
RLW

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel your pain but don’t all car manufacturers do the same thing?
Sort of
But not really
Jeep has a cold weather package.
Heated seats, steering wheel, and remote start. So thought ford would do similar. But I was wrong. Oh well!

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I feel your pain but don’t all car manufacturers do the same thing?
Yes and no. All manufactures do the package deal to some extent, but not the same way. A lot actually have just a cold weather package as its own thing, not locked into 2 other more expensive packages. If all you want is heated seats and steering wheel and remote start, other manufacturers can be a few hundred bucks in one package, and typically available on most or all trims. Even on the wrangler, can get cold weather package on a Sport S for $700 with manual trans(no remote start) or just under $1000 for auto(with remote start). If you want just those 3 items on a bronco, you have to go up to at least outerbanks trim or higher, and have to add $3500 package to get all 3.

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope you like the Halloween themed black and orange interior instead of that beautiful black/gray/blue MGV from Black Diamond

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You don’t have to get lux to get heated seats and remote start. You do if you want the heated steering wheel though.
True, if you can live without the heated steering wheel it's bit cheaper, but even just the seats are locked in the mid package, if that's literally all you want youre still forced to pay more to get other stuff and then left without the heated steering wheel to match for the extra cost. And why separate them in the first place? A heated steering wheel is such a trivial small piece to lock in a $3500 package on its own with the heated seats in the lower package. And if you prefer the manual trans they made it even more difficult, as you cant even get mid package on anything except the badlands. There's just so much about ford packaging of packages that's just off putting.

jswan

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like your getting the BL w/ the lux package then. Have to keep wifey happy
Ugh! I don't understand you guys that are a slave to a "wife". Do what you want! Your life is short. She isn't in control of what you want. Wake up.

Sponsored

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, Ford is stealing tens of thousands from me too, by just offering the Bronco at all. But what can we do, not buy it?

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love the heated steering wheel in my wife’s Explorer. Hers is an XLT, my F150 XLT it was not available. So far I have survived, but I would pay for it as a stand-alone. No matter how you slice it, each manufacturer packages options in ways someone doesn’t like. I am all in on BD and can also live without the hot wheel. The winch /camera issue killed any thought of high or lux for me anyway. I will end up with a winch. My wife does not like being stuck (and neither do I). ??

Reactions: RLW

BigCatKale

Everglades
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Everglades / 2021 Kia Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Who really needs all this extra shit?

So many 1st world problems...:unsure:
Nobody 'needs' it. Nothing wrong with 'wanting' it either though.

This will be my DD as well as trail rig for now and I have 3 kids and my wife works at times that may make the family hauler available. I am paying extra for 'wants' because it make my life easier. It's why they call it a Lux package and not a Necessities package I wager. ?