Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ugh! I don't understand you guys that are a slave to a "wife". Do what you want! Your life is short. She isn't in control of what you want. Wake up.
...in the divorce proceedings, she gets the house and your Bronco. Well played. ;)

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You guys getting the upscale packages just because your wife wants them...will she be the primary driver, will you only have one vehicle?

If the answer is "no" to either question, then just man up and say you're gettin them because you want them. It's okay. My wife drives my vehicle maybe once a month or less. She knows "my vehicle, my choices". Her vehicle is loaded to the max, because that's how she wanted it. And I pay for it, because "happy wife, happy life"...

...but I don't option my vehicle for no one but me.

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dream build from what I’ve been given is a BD Sasquatch V6.
But wife wants the 12 inch screen and some tech. I would love to have heated seats, heated steering wheel , and remote start as one package.
To get a “cold weather package” you have to get lux. Which means you have to go badlands.
And spend thousands on other stuff I don’t want.
It’s unfortunate, but business as usual by ford. I guess. I’m buying a bronco no matter what. But I wish I wouldn’t get killed for what I want
SAS an OBX with Lux and take out the Carpet....

Reactions: RLW

Buckin Bronco

Badlands
First Name
ChoSunJuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeep gets you on the engine. If not the 2.0 turbo its 5k for the diesel with other changes to the build .. or accept the unknown reliabilty of the belt driven e-torque ... body colored top and fenders not available on all trims .. reliable standard V6 pentastar now only on the Gladiator .. they all have something to get us to spend more money ... ??‍♂
I just priced out a 2021 Wrangler Rubicon and selected the 3.6 Pentastar with a 6sp manual.

The turbo, E-Drive and diesel were all optional engine choices.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just priced out a 2021 Wrangler Rubicon and selected the 3.6 Pentastar with a 6sp manual.

The turbo, E-Drive and diesel were all optional engine choices.
For manual Yes .. Automatic No .. Also if you go with the 8HP75 Trans it goes to the additional $4k diesel engine automatically. I never checked manual tho ..

Ford Bronco Ford got me, again 1606068745021

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dream build from what I’ve been given is a BD Sasquatch V6.
But wife wants the 12 inch screen and some tech. I would love to have heated seats, heated steering wheel , and remote start as one package.
To get a “cold weather package” you have to get lux. Which means you have to go badlands.
And spend thousands on other stuff I don’t want.
It’s unfortunate, but business as usual by ford. I guess. I’m buying a bronco no matter what. But I wish I wouldn’t get killed for what I want
Fully agree with you. Perhaps too many "Series" and the separation of Tech, having to go up in Series to get, paying thousands for items you don't need....not sure what to say, poor planning? I am staying BD and there are things I would like, such as the 12" screen....but I am not going to waste $$, I can use that $$$ on accessories I really want.

Sponsored

Buckin Bronco

Badlands
First Name
ChoSunJuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For manual Yes .. Automatic No .. Also if you go with the 8HP75 Trans it goes to the additional $4k diesel engine automatically. I never checked manual tho ..

Ford Bronco Ford got me, again 1606068745021

Well, that would be engine/transmission combination, not engine choice.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i have never laid eyes on a bronco inreal life but i am certian 1000% the camera issue is going to be an easy fix , at leat it will be for me so dont get all excited about the little things?
I thought the same thing, but watching the Ford SEMA q&a, they had no answer and seemed to really pause on that question. I was on the fence anyway, for a host of reasons. What I really want is the camera, heated wheel and adaptive cruise. What I really like is the BD SQ. My favorite interior, avoid the color keyed handles and flares and hits the sweet spot on price. I had to make some compromises, so the camera issue just pushed me in a direction.

Last edited:

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I feel your pain but don’t all car manufacturers do the same thing?
Ford has done some major dickhead moves here by locking out certain big “wants” unless you pay big bucks for the upper tier mechanicals. Then you still cannot access the goodies at once. They’ve been locked into Lux.

there will be a crappy radio like in my 2012 SEL Edge or a crazy expensive B&O. Nothing in between. That’s a douche move.

the reat of the Lux package is debatable as to”luxe.”

Adaptive Cruise Control; B&O Sound System with 10 speakers including a subwoofer; Evasive Steering Assist; heated steering wheel; universal garage door opener; 2 additional front row smart-charging USB ports; Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System; and wireless charging pad

I dont want the evasive steering. Adaptive cruise is a nice idea but overpriced here. The rest of it? It’s Alexa for a Garmin, a Qi pad, a few plugs and A garage opener. For thousands of dollars?

then, locking a warmed steering wheel in Lux is a royally dickhead move. Ford is in Michigan. It’s godamned cold in Michigan. To put the warmed wheel in the Lux, accessible only via top end models, is truly being an asshole of a company.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, that would be engine/transmission combination, not engine choice.
Not sure what your point is .. however Jeep chose not to offer it any longer, I choose not to buy it .. sounds like choices to me ..

Buckin Bronco

Badlands
First Name
ChoSunJuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure what your point is .. however Jeep chose not to offer it any longer, I choose not to buy it .. sounds like choices to me ..
My point is you can get the V6 in a Wrangler, not just a Gladiator like you said.

You came back with "not with an automatic". That's a different story.

Engine can be had.

Hope this clears it up for you.
Sponsored