Sponsored

Ford has a reason for offering so many gray variations, and two reds.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Keep in mind this forum is a small fraction of the total reservation holders and I believe it was stated about only half have placed a reservation. Those ordinary people will probably buy the usual colors and Bronco will follow the same pattern as the rest of the market.
Totally agree, brother.

Just looking at the 7M take rate on this board should disabuse anyone of the notion that an Enthusiast site is the median number.

N3T

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 e320 wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Keep in mind this forum is a small fraction of the total reservation holders and I believe it was stated about only half have placed a reservation. Those ordinary people will probably buy the usual colors and Bronco will follow the same pattern as the rest of the market.
You can bet your bottom dollar (but not the top one, it’s apparently easier to spend) that all of Ford will be watching the results of 165,000 custom orders and what it means for color selection, accessories, trim selections, options within trims, etc etc etc.

We are part of one of the greatest live marketing research groups of all time. Go Bronco!

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

OP is right, vehicle sales by color by year...

1602561738202.jpeg
And on the leasing theory, it kicked off in volume in the 90’s—look when the shift to vanilla happened ...

So dealers are thinking I have to sell something unique twice or I can sell something anyone will settle on twice.

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Everyone should order BLACK, it’s what Henry would want.
Seriously, though I agree that the analysis gets screwed up because of the offerings.
If you look at the current color offerings, when Ford analyzes the data they are going to say black, white, gray/silver, blue, and red sell really well. No joke Ford, that covers every darn option except for the Cyber School.
There should be 2 reds, 2 blues (differentiate not LB and VB) black, white, silver, gray, GREEN, TAN/Earth, and either a Orange (Real orange) or Yellow (Springtime or Meadowlark type yellow).

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/10/12/most-popular-car-colors/

Nearly 77% of car colors ordered are White, Black, Gray or Silver.
  1. White, 23.9%
  2. Black, 23.2%
  3. Gray, 15.5%
  4. Silver, 14.5%
  5. Red, 10.3%
  6. Blue, 9%
And, with black interior. Looking back my experience's have been most dealer ordered vehicle will be one of the top four, with black interior. As stated, I think also it's because people will except those colors before they would go through the process of making a special order. Plus, I willing to bet there are a great number of folks out there they don't realize they can special order the exact vehicle color, and options they want.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People very rarely order cars anymore. The dealers do and their aversion to risk i.e. sitting on inventory that potentially may not move as quickly is much higher. Hence, more safe bets.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think it’s reflective of “people are willing to buy those colors” so dealers will put them in inventory, versus those are the colors that people really want.
It’s more of “I’m not offended by this color” and a low risk for inventory.
This here is the reason we don't see "exciting" colors on most cars.

I do agree Bronco could've used more vibrant colors, but I'm sure we will as the colors cycle over the years.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Id just like to see the color choices on special-ordered cars by the individual customer, instead of the dealers.

Sponsored

SillySpider

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Rubicon / 2017 JK Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dammit... I'm getting Cactus grey... which is attractive as a grey, but I really like color variation. I actually really liked Cyber Orange until my wife talked me out of it. If I could have any color, it would be either a more amber variation of the color, like an ale color or something like golden ginger metallic. I drove a golden ginger metallic CJ-5 in high school. I love that color. I photoshopped the bronco in my sig to more or less reflect that color. I have a feeling most people are ready for colorful cars again. You see how few "rental car silver" Broncos are being made? -what might have once been the ultimate "safe" color? If dark brown or tan interiors were shown more often, I think they'd be popular again too. People get tired of the same thing over and over again after a while. Also, I bet there would be a strong niche market for 2 door small trucks. But no one makes them now, so we'll never know until it happens again, or if it happens again.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If Space White was added to 22MY I wouldn't be angry if my build was delayed. love, that color.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I ordered Velocity Blue. That being said, I like White a lot. If Ford had a pearl white like the F150 has, I'd have bought that for sure. I just don't care for the Oxford White since it looks like a fleet vehicle.

kylesredapple

Base
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
77 F150 4x4 SB, 16 f150, 15 powerstroke,94 Honda A
Your Bronco Model
Base
I saw a hypercolor purple
Ford Probe and a lime green fox body in the same day last week. pretty bitchin for 1990 something...

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs