North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ok, it's been a while, but do any of you insiders have any insight on the status of this new supplier?
Here are a few tidbits posted over the last couple of months. @D2dhanover, have you heard or seen any updates?
Where was it confirmed. All the ones I’ve seen in testing were fiberglass
So for starters I’ve heard rumors Webasto is preparing for production of the Soft Top. I’m not sure if Haartz is having a hard time with demand or that was the conversion of the existing contract for Hard Top production just so they can at least do something still.

As for the Mod top I know the process is definitely a bit different, it’s thicker and overall better. The physical design is identical to the current Hard Top apart from the materials, finish and of course removable windows on both two and four door units and then the center hatch on two doors.

I wish I could provide absolute conviction that the Mod Top will turn everything around but it’s impossible to say. They know they need to get it right. Though as far as I’ve been able to find out the issues rely mainly with Webasto as the design involved an entirely new process for them and it was their first go at it. Granted this was designed by Ford as you said, Webasto was struggling to achieve it while saying they’d be able to every chance they got. Also what I’ve heard is that at the time they started doing this, their headquarters were the first to shut down for Covid at the beginning, their tooling supply comes from wuhan and the manufacturing of the tooling assemblies came from Italy. All terrible blends of issues.
Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately I have no further updates on this. I have heard Webasto is working on expansions but unsure on if that’s directly related to Bronco
Thanks for all the info man! Unfortunately I can’t wait on the Ford Solution. ADV hardtop it is for me 😎😎😎

Stu baby

Outer Banks
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Audi
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So is Webasto making the MOD top or have they got a different supplier

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Wolfpack

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Bronco XLT 5Spd, 2002 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Wow this thread stokes some memories. Still not one Mod top delivered to a customer. And we're looking at late availability with the first ones probably going to the Heritage. Never heard who was going to produce the Mod top.