Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 TJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The more options the better. That being said I’ll never own anything but cloth unless it has heated AND cooled. The top and doors are off my Jeep 5 months a year and anything but cloth kills me. My wife’s 2018 rogue has really nice cloth seats. Cloth doesn’t mean trash like it used to.

But I do understand wanting the wash out interior, so yes, the more options the better.
Sponsored

OP
OP
broncoj11

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The average new car is almost 40k these days

For 30k we should be happy the seat isn't a milk crate duct taped to the floor

30k isn't what it used to be, and leather on a 30k car is pretty far from what actual leather is
not really. all of the other cars my wife and I are considering are in the same price range and come with leather seats or vinyl.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

2020 F150 XL standard Black Vinyl Floor Covering

OP
OP
broncoj11

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

30k isn't what it used to be, and leather on a 30k car is pretty far from what actual leather is
actually the avg cost of a small suv(2dr bronco) is about 26k and the avg cost for an rey sized suv(4dr bronco) is 33k.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
i don’t think vinyl seats and wash out flooring is very lux. especially if we’re paying at least 30k ya know? making them an option is the least they could do. that’s about all id add to the base any besides the sasquatch pckge
It isn't luxury. And the off road focused Broncos are not luxury vehicles.... They have added purpose-built off road gear for the purpose off road focused cars.

That there is cheaper floors and carpet in the base model is indicative of that.

Very seldom do manufacturers tell you what grade of carpet they use. Although in modern vehicles the floor is dead-mouse-fur then they change the quality of the floor mats by the trim/model when they want to go upmarket.

Having two entirely different set of parts, including the water incursion protection in the switchgear for the wash-out isn't cheap to pull off even at FoMoCo volumes. No reason whatsoever to have the wash-out interior for the on-road focused models.

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncoj11

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It isn't luxury. And the off road focused Broncos are not luxury vehicles.... They have added purpose-built off road gear for the purpose off road focused cars.

That there is cheaper floors and carpet in the base model is indicative of that.

Very seldom do manufacturers tell you what grade of carpet they use. Although in modern vehicles the floor is dead-mouse-fur then they change the quality of the floor mats by the trim/model when they want to go upmarket.

Having two entirely different set of parts, including the water incursion protection in the switchgear for the wash-out isn't cheap to pull off even at FoMoCo volumes. No reason whatsoever to have the wash-out interior for the on-road focused models.
i thought the bronco in general was aimed to be more of an off road vehicle? I could be wrong though

OP
OP
broncoj11

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Average pickup is 41k?

C'mon man that shows you right there that all their information is outdated badly or at a minimum it's misleading

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
i thought the bronco in general was aimed to be more of an off road vehicle? I could be wrong though
They could have aimed it at flying into the sun. Doesn't mean that everybody will be flying theirs into the sun.

Take the Prius for example. That car has functioning turn signals and is legally allowed to occupy the rightmost lane of freeways. Do you see a Prius doing either of those things on the roadways? No. Hyper-mill away and conserve the blinker fluid!

The vast majority of these sales will be for the appearance of a desired lifestyle by the owner. Having the pre-release forum crowd be nearly 95% vocal about off-roading does not move the needle at all for the actual population base which will buy Bronco (or Bronco Sport). This forum, if every single current member converted their transaction into ownership, would still represent about 1% of global Bronco owners within 3 years.

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm curious now because I've not seen a whole lot of details on this. Is this "rubberized" as in a Line-X type spray in coating?

I've wanted a Badlands since reveal night and "washout interior? Awesome". But I've not really put a whole lot of thought into how that's accomplished.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I would say just shut up and buy some rubber floor mats, but Ford did make the doors removable. So, it does seem like there should be some sort of option to deal with this (removable carpet sections?) on all trims.

KindaOrange

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None... hurry up Ford!
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same topic but not really:

Does "Washout Interior" mean I can leave it outside in the rain with the roof off?? haha

Really wanna roadtrip this bitch, but without the top? Doubt I'm roadtripping for a week & it doesn't rain once...

What to do with the roof during a roadtrip hmmm

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Rick Astley pretty much hit the nail on the head w/ all his points.

i’m pretty sure every member here would enjoy having marine grade vinyl or leather seats and the washout mats at least as an option or standard for all trims. HEAR ME OUT!!!!:)
I'm pretty sure no, not every member here would enjoy that.

The segment of Bronco owners that will be washing out their interior is lower than you may think. There's far too much expensive tech at risk that would quickly dissolve any measure of utilitarian, nostalgic memories you have of older trucks.
Moreover, many forum members have discussed adding supplemental sound deadening to their hardtops. Vinyl flooring would quickly contradict any measure of that effort.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer vinyl flooring and cloth seats; but I'm not going to throw a wet blanket on this forum assuming everyone else would want the same.

Last edited:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Dang I bought my new car this year for 14k.
Sponsored