Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Rick Astley pretty much hit the nail on the head w/ all his points.

I'm pretty sure no, not every member here would enjoy that.

The segment of Bronco owners that will be washing out their interior is lower than you may think. There's far too much expensive tech at risk that would quickly eradicate any measure of utilitarian, nostalgic memories you have of older trucks.
Moreover, many forum members have discussed adding supplemental sound deadening to their hardtops. Vinyl flooring would quickly contradict any measure of that effort.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer vinyl flooring and cloth seats; but I'm not going to throw a wet blanket on this forum assuming everyone else would want the same.
id rather have the vinyl seats than the flooring, not a big fan of cloth
Sponsored

deejaybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

ford I hope you’re listening to us!!!! have a 100% washout interior for all trim levels would be awesome for us outdoor enthusiasts. i’m pretty sure every member here would enjoy having marine grade vinyl or leather seats and the washout mats at least as an option or standard for all trims. HEAR ME OUT!!!!:)
It's called the up sell :LOL:

All weather seat covers and floor mats will work just fine for me.

Last edited:

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same topic but not really:

Does "Washout Interior" mean I can leave it outside in the rain with the roof off?? haha

Really wanna roadtrip this bitch, but without the top? Doubt I'm roadtripping for a week & it doesn't rain once...

What to do with the roof during a roadtrip hmmm
Hitch carrier?

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I cant even understand why there is carpet on any of the broncos except the high end sports and maybe the first edition and big bend. There is nothing rugged about carpet except that blue stuff on the patio.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
id rather have the vinyl seats than the flooring, not a big fan of cloth
You know what, your arguments and unreasonable rants have won me over. I now agree with whatever point it was you're tying to make!

Was this thread ever going anywhere but this? I endorse you using any interior you get as wash-out interior. Take this as a legally non-binding endorsement.

Other people have had great success cleaning out their off road vehicles no matter the interior and you can do the same!

A video with pro tips is linked: How to wash out inside of your car

And my favorite tools for interior cleaning Here

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncoj11

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You know what, your arguments and unreasonable rants have won me over. I now agree with whatever point it was you're tying to make!

Was this thread ever going anywhere but this? I endorse you using any interior you get as wash-out interior. Take this as a legally non-binding endorsement.

Other people have had great success cleaning out their off road vehicles no matter the interior and you can do the same!

I wasn’t really trying to argue with you man l I was just stating my preference, and like I said in my initial post- I think it would be a pretty good idea for ford to at least make the wash out interior and vinyl seats AVAILABLE for all trims. wasn’t trying to be an ignorant asshole or anything, i’m sorry if I came off that way.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I cant even understand why there is carpet on any of the broncos except the high end sports and maybe the first edition and big bend. There is nothing rugged about carpet except that blue stuff on the patio.
Tell that to the carpet in my bathroom ?

/S

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

You might as well write those off as flood damage. One of the Bronco pics shows a garden hose on the floor with a trickle of water coming out. That's my idea of a hose out interior.

Ipe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350, Expedition, Defender, JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've got a fairly spendy F350 Platinum diesel. Its an awesome truck. My wife keeps looking for a cappuccino maker because she claims it has everything else. I love everything about it except one thing: It has carpet on the floors :rolleyes:

My prior super duty was a Lariat that I ordered from the factory they way I wanted it. I got the Platinum off the lot. In the Lariat I specified the vinyl floor and it was the best thing ever. Winters here are road salt, sand, snow, and other assorted crud. The vinyl was easy. The carpet in the Platinum is a pain in the butt, nearly impossible to keep clean, and just plain sucks even with the all weather floor mats.

I honestly cannot comprehend the logic in specifying carpet in a truck unless the customer demands it. The same holds for the Bronco. Even if you never wheel it you're bound to track dirt, sand, snow, and mud into it. I'm torn between the Badlands and the Wildtrack. Vinyl flooring availability could be the deciding factor.
Sponsored