Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma Off Road,
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@ fordmotorcompany Please help me understand the logic behind buliding and shipping Broncos every day ( over 14,000 in march) while mine and 1000’s of others sit for MONTHS waiting for chips. Chips that aren’t an issue for the assembly line to continue. All without any explination or what the plan is. This is unacceptable from a consumer standpoint. I’m angry.
Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@ fordmotorcompany Please help me understand the logic behind buliding and shipping Broncos every day ( over 14,000 in march) while mine and 1000’s of others sit for MONTHS waiting for chips. Chips that aren’t an issue for the assembly line to continue. All without any explination or what the plan is. This is unacceptable from a consumer standpoint. I’m angry.
I know it doesn't make sense but if they put chips in the Broncos sitting at Ice/Dirt Mountain and ship them out, then take the ones rolling off the line and put them on Ice/Dirt Mountain the vicious cycle just keeps going and going. I don't see it ending anytime soon because of the war in Ukraine because they are a huge supplier of neon gas which is used to make chips. Plus they make a ton of wiring harnesses there.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't see it ending anytime soon because of the war in Ukraine because they are a huge supplier of neon gas which is used to make chips. Plus they make a ton of wiring harnesses there.
Word on the Street is that many of the semiconductor Fab plants have a long supply of neon (some up to 1 year’s worth) due to their normal contingency plans already in place pre-war, and GM’s European operations are more hampered by the war than Ford, because some of GM’s wiring harnesses for its European plants are sole-sourced from Ukrainian suppliers.

I don’t know whether that is partially or wholly true, but that’s what I have heard? Nevertheless,
I’d love to get some feedback, either pro or con, if you or anyone else has more specific information. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just heard about the neon shortage and wiring harness shortage in the Ukraine from watching All Terrain Nations YouTube channel.

Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Most likely about 1500 units of March production numbers were Bronco’s that were completed that had been on hold…considering the most they have been able to build up to this point was 13,500 back in January. Assuming 13,500 is max production, quick cleanup of Bronco’s on hold resulted in the other 1,500, adding up to 15,000. This will continue this month most likely. Units on hold are not completed therefore not counted in production numbers until complete. I have seen lots of posts in the last few weeks of releases from hold.

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I understand the frustration .... Dirt Mountain, been there, done that.
It was by far, the worst part of the whole waiting experience.

The reality of it is, they will not stop the assembly lines except as the last possible resort.
I can't fathom the cost to Ford for stopping that plant.

If they have incomplete Broncos waiting, those Broncos will wait until there are excess "parts", IE; more parts than the line needs at that point in time.

Whatever it takes to keep the lines running.

I know it is of no consolation, but there it is.

Sponsored

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Right. Ford can’t figure out anything post production. It’d been shown many times and not just with bronco. After the assembly line they have no ability to plan and apply recourses regardless of part supply. They are completely lost once the vehicle rolls off the assembly line. It doesn’t make a lot of sense because it’s an investment for ford with no return. They will work through it because of this but their operations to not factor post production work. Get a clue ford hire a post production manager and team and get better.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just heard about the neon shortage and wiring harness shortage in the Ukraine from watching All Terrain Nations YouTube channel.
Can you recall which video, and maybe an approximate timestamp? 🤔

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hold your breath... @Ford Motor Company will be here momentarily with all the answers you want and more. (Don't forget, you get 3 wishes, so have your other 2 ready! - I would suggest Tow and Lux packages delivered.)

Dumpster Fire.jpg

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi! Ford Here, here to explain to you the wonderful world of chips!

CHiPs_title_screen.jpg

CHiPs was an American crime drama television series created by Rick Rosner, that originally aired on NBC from September 15, 1977, to May 1, 1983. It follows the lives of two motorcycle officers of the California Highway Patrol (CHP). The series ran for 139 episodes over six seasons, plus one reunion television film in October 1998. CHiPs episodes were usually a combination of light comedy and drama. A typical episode would start with Ponch and Jon on routine patrol or being assigned to an interesting beat, such as Malibu or the Sunset Strip. In roll call briefing, Sgt. Getraer would alert his officers to be on the lookout for a particular criminal operation, such as people staging accidents as part of an insurance scam, or punks breaking into cars. A few interesting, unrelated vignettes often transpired during "routine" traffic enforcement.

A light-hearted subplot would also be included, such as Harlan trying to hide a stray dog from Getraer at the office. A more serious theme, such as Ponch trying to keep a kid from his old neighborhood out of a potential life of crime, might also be included. After a few failed attempts to apprehend the gang that had been menacing L.A.'s freeways, the episode would invariably culminate in Ponch and Jon leading a chase of the suspects (often assisted by other members of their division), climaxing with a spectacular series of stunt vehicle crashes.

The show then typically featured a dénouement of Ponch and Jon participating in a new activity (such as jet skiing or skydiving), designed to showcase the pair's glamorous Southern California lifestyle. Often, Ponch would attempt to impress a woman he had met during the episode with his athletic prowess or disco dancing, only to fail and provide Jon, Getraer, and others with many laughs. As the preliminary end credits would start, the image would freeze multiple times, showing various characters laughing or otherwise enjoying the social scene.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Most likely about 1500 units of March production numbers were Bronco’s that were completed that had been on hold…considering the most they have been able to build up to this point was 13,500 back in January. Assuming 13,500 is max production, quick cleanup of Bronco’s on hold resulted in the other 1,500, adding up to 15,000. This will continue this month most likely. Units on hold are not completed therefore not counted in production numbers until complete. I have seen lots of posts in the last few weeks of releases from hold.
“Lots” is a relative term….10? 20? 50? You do realize what has been shipped the past week is a drop In the bucket when compared with the thousands that are on hold or awaiting shipping.
Mine, for example, was supposedly built (missing chips added) over 2 weeks ago and at the time those broncos (on the forum) with the same status as mine (awaiting shipping) totaled 36. Now the total is over 70, so the numbers are going in the wrong direction
It’s a mess and and will remain so for months to come. I will hit 3 months at the mountain next Tuesday.
The better question to as ford is….why did you continue to build thousands of broncos without chips knowing full well they would be stuck in lots for months, and months? They’ve paused the line before in 2021 when they didn’t have parts or MiC tops.
It’s bullshit. No two ways around it.
Sponsored