Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Huh ?

Where I live we only have 3 or 4 days per year that get above 75F. No such thing as a “sweaty taint” around here. On the other hand, heated steering wheel and heated mirrors are really nice when it is 40 below. And we get a lot of those days.
As I said on another thread, it seems that Ford catered their options to those that live in Northern latitudes. I'm glad that you find those available options pertinent. For those who live in the South, they are worthless. A cold weather package should have been made available on all trims for those that value those options.
Sponsored

bokirby

Big Bend
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 435i Xdrive
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don’t see the color thing happening, they’ve already sent out paint sheet samples with all the corresponding vehicles. They build what sells, but why offer guard green in the new F-150 and not bronco. as well as kodiak brown in the bronco sport and f-150 but not the bronco? Both of those colors would fit this vehicle very well imo!

Elwood

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The desk in my home office
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t see the color thing happening, they’ve already sent out paint sheet samples with all the corresponding vehicles. They build what sells, but why offer guard green in the new F-150 and not bronco. as well as kodiak brown in the bronco sport and f-150 but not the bronco? Both of those colors would fit this vehicle very well imo!
I cannot agree with this enough.

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've always found this to be nonsensical, there must be a reason that is escaping me. Of all the people who opt for a manual, how many do so because it's cheaper vs. an enthusiast looking for a more engaging drive? I have to imagine it's more of the latter, and if that's true, of course they want the more powerful engine? Evidence points to that assumption being wrong, and I'm willing to trust major manufacturer's market research, but it's just struck me as such an odd decision. The Genesis G70 did the same thing and it really sucks..
I think there's more people saying they want or would but a manual but at some point or another don't end up with a manual. Even BMW, the ultimate driving machine has in the past few years low take rates for manuals. In 2019 more people purchased electric vehicles than manuals. When it comes to sale numbers, they aren't going to build it if people don't buy it. The manual take rate for the Mustang is around 50%, for the Mustang it's not going anywhere.

At this point in time I think people either buy the manual for the engagement or for the purest factor. I want the manual for the engagement and maybe if enough people purchase a Bronco with the manual, Ford at some point down the line will offer another manual with a bigger engine.

350DGRZ

First Edition
First Name
Nilo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 FX4 Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey all, am I the only one that would like to see the rear window retract into the tailgate?
Especially now that we know the rear quarter windows come out.
No you're not. I favor that because you can then use the tailgate for sitting, etc. If they do stick with the swing gate, at least make it swing towards the street and not the curb.

Sponsored

nelsk

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think there's more people saying they want or would but a manual but at some point or another don't end up with a manual. Even BMW, the ultimate driving machine has in the past few years low take rates for manuals. In 2019 more people purchased electric vehicles than manuals. When it comes to sale numbers, they aren't going to build it if people don't buy it. The manual take rate for the Mustang is around 50%, for the Mustang it's not going anywhere.

At this point in time I think people either buy the manual for the engagement or for the purest factor. I want the manual for the engagement and maybe if enough people purchase a Bronco with the manual, Ford at some point down the line will offer another manual with a bigger engine.
This is the old joke that enthusiasts bitch and bitch wanting brown manual wagons but when push comes to shove, they objectively are not out there buying enough *new* cars to make a material difference in sales, otherwise of course they'd be making them! We know the take rates are not high, I'm still wondering why of the people who DO take them, they must lean heavier towards the crowd of drivers actually looking for the experience, and not to save a few bucks. So why do manufacturers insist on coupling a manual with the lower powertrains when it just naturally makes sense that the same people who actually opt for a manual are also likely someone to want a higher end powertrain?

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the old joke that enthusiasts bitch and bitch wanting brown manual wagons but when push comes to shove, they objectively are not out there buying enough *new* cars to make a material difference in sales, otherwise of course they'd be making them! We know the take rates are not high, I'm still wondering why of the people who DO take them, they must lean heavier towards the crowd of drivers actually looking for the experience, and not to save a few bucks. So why do manufacturers insist on coupling a manual with the lower powertrains when it just naturally makes sense that the same people who actually opt for a manual are also likely someone to want a higher end powertrain?
Completely agree, how can they say they want people to buy them or want to cater to the people that want manuals and give it to the lower power train? My guess at least with the Bronco, part of the work was already done. The 2.3L is currently in the Mustang Eco Boost and was in the Focus RS and both had a manual. So it's not like they had to build from the ground up a manual with a different engine. I'm no expert but that's my educated guess.

There's a problem in the car market when people don't want to buy new claim to take the depreciation hit which I get but, manufacturers aren't going to contunue to offer something, whether it's a manual or a certain car/body model if no one buys it. The wagons for example, the enthusiast/automotive journalist car that seems to be always on the edge with the manufacturers that still offer them in North America. You can't go buy a used wagon or car with a manual and think it will help that stick around. My hope is enough people (including me) purchase the Bronco with a manual, to send a message to Ford to either keep that manual around or offer another manual in a bigger engine.

Hamhands

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Please make Race Red available in base, please make locking differentials a stand alone option available on base. And honestly, I am expecting 25-30 MPG , there is no reason you can't make that happen with the 2.3 or 2.7.......especially with a granny gear+6 in the manual with 4 low to get all the hard work done when necessary, thanks.....BTW my huge 2006 GMC Yukon Denali with a huge NA V8 gets 14.8 mpg it has over 250 thousand miles on it as well.....that's why I expect 25-30 mpg from a brand new 4 banger.....at least, no excuses

Hamhands

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I average around 24 highway and 20 combined in my F150 with the 2.7EB and the 10AT. I don't see the Bronco doing any better, even with a manual. Heck, some manuals these days are getting worse efficiency than automatics with 8+ gears. Not sure on the 2.3 since I'm not interested in that motor.

Aerodynamics are going to be your enemy with MPG. Toss the same engines in a car and you'll see better MPGs due to lower clearance and better aerodynamics. Air can do a lot to hinder MPG when it's hitting a wall and buffeting under the vehicle. Trucks and this type of offroad vehicle share that burden.

I'm not concerned about MPG with the Bronco since it'll be a fun vehicle for us, but I'll be pleasantly surprised if it gets over 20MPG combined.
You sound like a FORD rep making excuses. It's nice to know you are happy with 20 MPG, thanks

Deleted member 12854

We still have time to make sure Ford gets the bronco right so they don’t get destroyed by Tesla. This is how we help ford. Polls and petitions

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t see no as an option

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If they allow stuff that is on the upper trims on every trim then a base model really isn't a "base model" for example. There's a reason they do this so that people will spend more to go up on the trims. What you are looking for is a car that is totally customizable with no trim levels.

Ford Bronco Ford. If you are reading this. Some suggestions before launch 1600548117457

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If they allow stuff that is on the upper trims on every trim then a base model really isn't a "base model" for example. There's a reason they do this so that people will spend more to go up on the trims. What you are looking for is a car that is totally customizable with no trim levels.

Ford Bronco Ford. If you are reading this. Some suggestions before launch 1600548117457
F-150 is a good example. Why have a wide choice of trims if you can option all of them the same?
Sponsored