First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger/ 1970 Mercury Montego MX 351C
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't see someone with the tops off going down the street, OR, going down Capitan in New Mexico worrying about swampy arse. I live in Florida......YOU SWEAT EVERYWHERE! Just don't understand what your sayin.

tedweb

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, KIA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AIR conditioned seats>>>>>>>really?
AC Vents in the back, not Air conditioned seats. I'm having a hard time justifying Ford's decision on this, especially when I'm willing to shell out 50+K.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
AC Vents in the back, not Air conditioned seats. I'm having a hard time justifying Ford's decision on this, especially when I'm willing to shell out 50+K.
This might be a deal breaker for my wife!

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

#5 is just baffling...how can they not have this option for hot climates?

Also I don't understand the ancient antennae...I hope that's on base and goes away with the higher end packages?
Very few cars have seat ventilation so it's not exactly something to be surprised about.

That ancient antennae will actually work when you're out in the mountains. It's just more effective.

Sponsored

NoBigDeal

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I mean I get it, I’m in Texas and I start sweating just by looking out the window. However ventilated seats require perforations to work and I think that just doesn’t jive with a vehicle that’s meant to have an open air experience. And while we might be smart enough to never get caught in the rain without a top on, you know that there are dumbasses out there that will and will blame ford when their seats get ruined.
I know this post is a couple weeks old, but I wanted to say that this theory isn't really accurate. All trims, minus the Badlands and FE, have cloth seats which would be just as susceptible to climate as perforated seats are.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I know this post is a couple weeks old, but I wanted to say that this theory isn't really accurate. All trims, minus the Badlands and FE, have cloth seats which would be just as susceptible to climate as perforated seats are.
Cool beans man. Actually the BD has vinyl seats as well. I also wasn't necessarily referring to the seat it's self or it's material holding up to water. I was more referring to the perforations allowing water to get down into the ventilation system and the electronics and mess that all up. I think another thing that proves my "theory" is that all the cloth seats(Even in the Wildtrak) are manual, so even if the cloth seats do get rained on, there aren't electronics to get messed up. (Except for the heated seat option, but thats much cheaper to replace than an entire powered seat.)

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

im sure more colors will come, probably a new color every year while others go away.
I, for one am very disappointed in the colors. It might prevent me from buying year one which really bums me out. I’ve been waiting for years now. Also considering a wrap I guess.

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

External antenna are used to reference the highest point of the vehicle. ie: if the antenna is hitting the tree branch/mall parking garage Roof you might want to check for clearance before you proceed.

Sponsored

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No they aren't. There are no AC vents in the console that we've seen, and during Ford's Q&A, they said "floor".

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Playing devils advocate here so don't get mad.

1. Colours: The cost to develop, store and be able to provide a lot of different colours becomes costly. matte paint is difficult to clean for some. some matte paints require special soaps. and not to mention that certain colours although some might like, may not sell and ford will be left with tons of paint going to waste.

2. 2-Door and storage and rear seats: Removable rear seats could be difficult to engineer an easy way to remove them yet make them roomy and comfortable. Storage details will be available when the car is launched and production versions are final.

3. Configurator: a build my car is coming in December or so. be patient. they have just shown the Bronco so it's still pre-production and they are working on the final details for prices and packages and options and accessories. the accessory images need to be available in the builder as well.

4. M-Lok: From what I can remember I think it is. But not sure.

5. Seat ventilation: I can see the need for it, but at the same time if someone is getting in to the car wet, it'll get the cushions wet and you may get mold. that can be a bigger issue. Might not be the type of car to have holes in the seats. even dirt can get it and mess things up like the heating elements.

6. 2.7 and manual and paddles: 2.7 and manual Ford has said for people to speak up about it. Regarding paddles, if you go off road, there is a big chance you can hit a paddle by accident and mess things up.

7. V8: yes, people will pay for it. but not enough will pay for it to make the money back for Ford to engineer the engine bay to fit a V8 and make sure the drivetrain has been tested to handle it. Bring in the emissions/fuel economy rules that Ford needs to follow, it doesn't make a V8 a viable choice. with the square headlights, wait for aftermarket.

PretzelDay

Base
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger/ 1970 Mercury Montego MX 351C
Your Bronco Model
Base
This might be a deal breaker for my wife!
Maybe she doesn't need to go off road? I mean really? Tush airconditioner......? Please buy a Lexus and tell her to keep it at the Saloon.
Sponsored