Sponsored

Ford, if you're really listening make the marine package available in every trim

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think just like the Sasquatch package being available for all models, the rubber floors should for most if not all trim levels
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Heres a thought, why isnt rubber floors part of the sasquatch? I mean the guy is out walking the forest all day, he doesnt have shoes, his feet stay muddy. It kind of seems a no brainer to me.

I have X amount of money to keep my new vehicle nice for atleast a couple years I need washout floors because 3 months of the year I live in a mud pit and once a week I go park on the sand at the beach. With dogs. So since I only have so much money I will have to buy Black Diamond and not get Sasquatch. Then when I break the weaker front diff or get stuck all the time(lockers) or complain about the ride offroad (my commute)because I dont get the better dampers. You will have a long time Ford advocate unenthused about his purchase and not likely to buy a second in 6 years once its paid off like I hope to. All because they had to put carpet( a luxury item in a car) on the base model not even available for the standard offroad package.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Heres a thought, why isnt rubber floors part of the sasquatch? I mean the guy is out walking the forest all day, he doesnt have shoes, his feet stay muddy. It kind of seems a no brainer to me.

I have X amount of money to keep my new vehicle nice for atleast a couple years I need washout floors because 3 months of the year I live in a mud pit and once a week I go park on the sand at the beach. With dogs. So since I only have so much money I will have to buy Black Diamond and not get Sasquatch. Then when I break the weaker front diff or get stuck all the time(lockers) or complain about the ride offroad (my commute)because I dont get the better dampers. You will have a long time Ford advocate unenthused about his purchase and not likely to buy a second in 6 years once its paid off like I hope to. All because they had to put carpet( a luxury item in a car) on the base model not even available for the standard offroad package.
Why not just buy a base and pull the carpet out like Jeep drivers do? You'll still have a passive drain?

Reinstall carpet when trading?

Seems like a simple enough solution to me.

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a bad idea, but I'd bet 90% of Squatched Broncos will never leave pavement. I live around a bunch of idiots that buy Platinum FX4 Super Duties, lift the crap out of them, and put giant mud tires on just so they can tow their Mastercraft to the lake. Those idiots want carpet.

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I agree, it should come with the Sasquatch or be a separate option available on all trims. Because it’s all about lifestyle, you have to be a rock crawler or go mudding to have a use for the rubber floors.

Sponsored

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
More options, more flexibility = better for the consumer and better for sales. Let them pick what they want, and they will buy. Limit their selections for arbitrary or coersive marketing reasons, they will go elsewhere.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why not just buy a base and pull the carpet out like Jeep drivers do? You'll still have a passive drain?

Reinstall carpet when trading?

Seems like a simple enough solution to me.
Well I have never purchased a replacement vehicle carpet for less than $350. So your solution is to rip out $350 atleast of worthless material from a brand new vehicle. If I wanted to rip out carpet I would buy a $2500 beater. I am going to commit 20%of my income for 5 plus years plus saving every penny to get a down payment together for something that I have to rip the carpet out of because I am buying a vehicle that I will actually use(unlike most) how it was supposedly designed to be used? If the rubberized flooring is a highly specialized technical design and only worth it to them to sell on higher trims. Then the Base model that doesnt even deserve a cool name should come standard with the bare floors with carpet optional for a higher cost. Also the problem with ripping the carpet out is, that there is likely glue under there and exposed body seams that will all catch dirt and sand and make the floor a constant rust hazard. If they dont want to give us the highly specialized super designed rubberized floors then they could just give us a rubber mat floor piece which is cheaper than carpet. I know because I put it in my 96 Bronco, it was about $50 cheaper.

Also if its true, its hilarious that the higher trims that get the rubber floors also have to give up some fancier seat functions. Thats totally a Base model type thing but on the Bronco you pay a premium for less luxury.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well I have never purchased a replacement vehicle carpet for less than $350. So your solution is to rip out $350 atleast of worthless material from a brand new vehicle. If I wanted to rip out carpet I would buy a $2500 beater. I am going to commit 20%of my income for 5 plus years plus saving every penny to get a down payment together for something that I have to rip the carpet out of because I am buying a vehicle that I will actually use(unlike most) how it was supposedly designed to be used? If the rubberized flooring is a highly specialized technical design and only worth it to them to sell on higher trims. Then the Base model that doesnt even deserve a cool name should come standard with the bare floors with carpet optional for a higher cost. Also the problem with ripping the carpet out is, that there is likely glue under there and exposed body seams that will all catch dirt and sand and make the floor a constant rust hazard. If they dont want to give us the highly specialized super designed rubberized floors then they could just give us a rubber mat floor piece which is cheaper than carpet. I know because I put it in my 96 Bronco, it was about $50 cheaper.

Also if its true, its hilarious that the higher trims that get the rubber floors also have to give up some fancier seat functions. Thats totally a Base model type thing but on the Bronco you pay a premium for less luxury.
Just to clarify. I said "pull the carpet," not "rip it out." No need to damage it. It's done all the time.

It's quite simple. And I think it would be a good solution for you. But if you'd prefer to complain I guess that works.

Sounds like the Bronco might be a little pricey for you also. If I were you I'd look for 5-6 year old Rubi that's been well wheeled and has some cosmetic damage.
20% of your income for a car payment is a little much.

Chcg12

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
MaverikMan
I dont think Dfresh was being snarky-Ive had 7 Jeeps, removed the carpet on each-easy to remove and easy to put back. However, i completely agree rubberized floors should be available on all trims-period. I put custom fit rubber floor mats down after i removed the carpet, because the metal can get a little hot on occasion. Good luck.

Sponsored

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just to clarify. I said "pull the carpet," not "rip it out." No need to damage it. It's done all the time.

It's quite simple. And I think it would be a good solution for you. But if you'd prefer to complain I guess that works.

Sounds like the Bronco might be a little pricey for you also. If I were you I'd look for 5-6 year old Rubi that's been well wheeled and has some cosmetic damage.
20% of your income for a car payment is a little much.
Nope.

Carpet is an addition. It's more expensive to add to the vehicle than not. Glue, padding, glue, carpet, installation. The engineering and labor to design, spec, cut it, and install it. Deleting it should be a bonus to the manufacturer. The option of a functional bedliner finish is obviously out of bounds crazy insanity babble talk.

Sure, remove the carpet (labor removing seats, console, etc.) and store an OEM installation (valued at around $350). Hope to recover your forced investment later? Or have the option to bypass that whole thing: Bedliner (or even primer) should be the base option. but options for the consumer don't seem to be a priority anymore, it's mass marketing. I get it, but it sucks for those who want *less* than what is offered. Usually, everyone wants more.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Nope.

Carpet is an addition. It's more expensive to add to the vehicle than not. Glue, padding, glue, carpet, installation. The engineering and labor to design, spec, cut it, and install it. Deleting it should be a bonus to the manufacturer. The option of a functional bedliner finish is obviously out of bounds crazy insanity babble talk.

Sure, remove the carpet (labor removing seats, console, etc.) and store an OEM installation (valued at around $350). Hope to recover your forced investment later? Or have the option to bypass that whole thing: Bedliner (or even primer) should be the base option. but options for the consumer don't seem to be a priority anymore, it's mass marketing. I get it, but it sucks for those who want *less* than what is offered. Usually, everyone wants more.
Trust me I get your point. But whining about it won't change anything. I'd rather use my energy trying to find a workaround.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You could remove carpet and bedline,rhinoline interior floor

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

And make a dove gray or beige seat option for the marine grade vinyl. Not loving the thought of black vinyl seats after parking in the sun on a summer day.
I was thinking old school cream interior would be nice too.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was thinking old school cream interior would be nice too.

Alright. Who mentioned “old school cream”?
You know you’re supposed to “put it on top”, not on the interior.........

Ford Bronco Ford, if you're really listening make the marine package available in every trim 46F51835-9B2C-46ED-96E3-1918A6FD58DA
Sponsored