Sponsored

Ford imposing penalties on dealers who don't sell to original reservation holder?

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unsurprisingly, it started on the Facebook group. I'm trying to quell the rumors by getting a recent, direct answer from Albert on this.

They act like children on FB, start a rumor, repeat ad nauseum, then it is a fact...

However, my discussion with Granger on the phone today gave me unease.

Who did you talk to at Granger? and what part made you uneasy?
Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A dealership has stated that Ford will impose penalties on Dealerships that do not sell their Bronco reservations to the original reservation holder. Because of said penalties, the Dealership wants an additional down payment. Is this true? What are the penalties?

@Granger Ford What new penalties will Ford impose on dealerships who do not sell the Bronco to original reservation holder?

thanks

updated: to be clear, I am asking @Granger Ford because they are open and transparent, not because they are the culprit.
Sorry I am late for the party, busy on many fronts right now...

We will not take any additional deposits/down payments...

That is not our policy, Ford does have strict penalties however there is a little room for the ones that have met changes in their situation during the extended wait for the Bronco after the order..

Our goal is to deliver everyone the Bronco that they desire to own....

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My understanding is that Ford's policy is to prevent unscrupulous dealers (what, that's a thing?) from trying to game the system. We all can think of several ways of doing this.

I have a very legitimate reason for needing to test drive before buying: impaired night vision. Both @Granger Ford and @NayNay have assured me that if I experience problems with a night test drive, I don't have to buy the Bronco. People experience life changes. Stuff happens.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

However, my discussion with Granger on the phone today gave me unease.

Who did you talk to at Granger? and what part made you uneasy?
First off, thank you for being so gracious with answering the same questions over and over again. Everybody at B6G appreciates it. I really hope you guys crush it in sales.

To answer your question, I don't remember her name. She picked up when I called 515-999-8228. I can call back and try to get her name if you want. She did say however that you were the guy to ask and she gave me your number (you can disregard the voicemail from Jared at a 218 number... You answered my question on here haha).

I'll go back and edit my comment so people know you replied!

NayNay

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leonardtownford.com
Vehicle(s)
F150, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My understanding is that Ford's policy is to prevent unscrupulous dealers (what, that's a thing?) from trying to game the system. We all can think of several ways of doing this.

I have a very legitimate reason for needing to test drive before buying: impaired night vision. Both @Granger Ford and @NayNay have assured me that if I experience problems with a night test drive, I don't have to buy the Bronco. People experience life changes. Stuff happens.
Yes Sir that is correct.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First off, thank you for being so gracious with answering the same questions over and over again. Everybody at B6G appreciates it. I really hope you guys crush it in sales.

To answer your question, I don't remember her name. She picked up when I called 515-999-8228. I can call back and try to get her name if you want. She did say however that you were the guy to ask and she gave me your number (you can disregard the voicemail from Jared at a 218 number... You answered my question on here haha).

I'll go back and edit my comment so people know you replied!
I am sorry if Jaime is not there I have them give my cell to contact me, unfortunately I do not have the time to pull meetings daily and I can update Jaime as needed...

Zach, Jamie and myself are the only one that are up to speed on the Bronco right now...
Sponsored